+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Leon please guide us

ambition

Oct 6, 2008
Hi..
Leon, our Aor is of jan,2008 where we applied our case as dentist(my wife) with 4 year experience and 7 bands in Academic IELTS. Wheras i am physiotherapist but did my 12th class with private board exams after attending regular classes of another board. so i think i am not eligible to apply myself for canadaimmigration. Please let me know that how much time it will take for us to get canada immigration?
Secondly as my wife is dentist and i am physiotherapist from India. Can we get job offer from canada with our indian qualification only?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Since you applied under the old rules, average application time for federal skilled worker from India is 70 months, see http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/international/02a-skilled-fed.asp#asia Unless Canada immigration adds more staff to reduce the backlog, you might be waiting another 5 years.

I am not sure what you mean by different board. Are you a physiotherapist? Do you have work experience as a physiotherapist? Could you get enough points to be the primary applicant? If yes, then you can apply again with you as the primary applicant under the new rules. Physiotherapist is on the list of 38 happy occupations and dentist is not, that is why. If you were to do that, Canada immigration has promised that applications will be processed within a year. You can read up on the new rules here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-who.asp

You do not have to be licensed to work as a dentist and physiotherapist in Canada to get in as an FSW but it's unlikely that you can get a job offer as such unless you are licensed. You can find licensing information for regulated professions in Canada at http://workdestinations.org/occupation_keyword_search.jsp;jsessionid=08ADC64A78B2112764784BFDA5A9EEA5?lang=en

tanush

Dec 9, 2008
Hello Leon....

I am a software professional,planning to apply under FSW class. Can you tell me whether there is any specific time frame given under the new system? Anything said about it getting done in under a year?

My second question is about arranged employment. Is an offer from an unrelated field of work any good?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
They did say initially that it would be 6-12 months processing but since they waited 9 months before posting the new rules, they already have a bit of a backlog in the new system. There is no experience yet how fast it will be. An AEO to use for an FSW application needs to be for a skilled job. I don't know if they look at if you have experience or qualifications to do the job but I would assume that they do.

swali2010

Feb 15, 2010
Leon i need your help!

ambition said:
Hi..
Leon,
Can you answer two of my questions , i'll be thanful to you.

I am a Pakistani national and applied for canadian immigration in year 2004. In December i received a letter from immigration office asking for recent documents, which i sent accordingly. Later in february,2010 i received another letter from Islamabad office asking to provide conclusive Proof of my Relationship with a Canadian citizen who is my Spouse's Aunt. they require copies of Family documents such as bay Forms, Birth Certificates, Educational documents, ID cards & Nikah namas(marriage certificate) of all the concerned documents and their Original Urdu Version along with Translation in English.
Here, please note that around fifty years back it was not a reqirement in my country to make bay forms and birth certificates, therefore these documents do not exist.

As far as other documents are concerned, I am willing to send my father-in-law's documents as well as my documents. But my spouse's aunt (who is the Canadian citizen) is unwilling to send her original documents through post. And I also donot feel comfortable with this idea as sending ORIGINAL documents by post is risky. Kindly advise me that can i send COPIES of my spouse's aunt's documents alongwith ORIGINAL documents of myself and my father-in-law.
Please also advise will those original documents be returned by Canadian High Commission,islamabad ? Is there any success rate ?

Q2 : Fathers name written on the Nikkah Nama(marriage certificate) of my father In-Law and His Sister(Canadian National) is slightly changed , Plus Name of my Father's In-Law is also slightly changed in His Nikkah nama and My Nikkah Nama ?
Although that change is very minor in nature as appearance of last & First name is in different orders, but can it impact badly ?

PLEASE REPLY TO MY QUESTIONS AS SOON AS POSSIBLE BECAUSE I HAVE TO MEET A DEADLINE OF 30 DAYS OF WHICH 10 DAYS HAVE PASSED.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ask the aunt to get certified true copies of her documents. She may be able to get this at her bank or at a registry. Basically someone will look at the documents, make a copy and stamp it and sign that it's a true copy of an original they have seen.

swali2010

Feb 15, 2010
Dear Mr. Leon,
Thanks for the reply of Q1, please reply to Q2 also... I'll be grateful.....

Q2.Fathers name written on the Nikkah Nama(marriage certificate) of my father In-Law and His Sister(Canadian National) is slightly changed like in Father In-Law certificate its(Feroaz ali shah solumani) and His sister(Canadian National's) certificate its ( Syed Ali Feroaz solumani), Plus Name of my Father's In-Law is also slightly changed in His Marriage certificate( Salman Ali Shah solumani ) and My Marriage certificate(Salman Ali) ?
Although that change seems minor in nature, but will it impact ?

As i am having 66 marks without it and probably will not qualify for the case.

Your reply is awaited...

Swali

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can write a cover letter to explain the small differences in spelling. I don't think it will affect anything.