+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

@ Leon @ elineef CBSA report not fully disclosed: Exempted u/ S.22(1) of IRPA???

Eazeetrade

Mar 14, 2014
Hello all[move][/move]

I requested and received from the CBSA Travel records(Matches with my travel history as declared on my citizenship application except for one day USA trip which CBSA missed and I included) I also ordered copies of all Declaration cards I submitted upon arrival to Canada, I received copies of the same, but some information on the Declaration cards- not sure if it is notes made by the officer have been blacked out and CBSA is claiming exemption under S.22(1) of the Privacy act.

Any ideas on why they would withhold info, have no hidden skeletons or issues that I am aware of , have been traveling in and out of the country without any issues or questioned ever. When I went through S.22(1) it talks of investigations, should I be concerned and what should I be concerned about???

Please advice

Eazeetrade

Mar 14, 2014
Re: @ Leon @ elineef CBSA report not fully disclosed: Exempted u/ S.22(1) of IRPA???

Hero Members please advice... thanks

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Re: @ Leon @ elineef CBSA report not fully disclosed: Exempted u/ S.22(1) of IRPA???

Hi

Eazeetrade said:
Hero Members please advice... thanks
22. (1) The head of a government institution may refuse to disclose any personal information requested under subsection 12(1)

(a) that was obtained or prepared by any government institution, or part of any government institution, that is an investigative body specified in the regulations in the course of lawful investigations pertaining to

(i) the detection, prevention or suppression of crime,

(ii) the enforcement of any law of Canada or a province, or

(iii) activities suspected of constituting threats to the security of Canada within the meaning of the Canadian Security Intelligence Service Act,

CBSA is an investigative body. So the notes and coding are private.

vinaypuri

Jan 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

What if the report is inaccurate..

I got CBSA report, looking at the report, It is not accounting two of my driving trips via Montreal- Rt-15(QC) and I-87(NY). I am wondering how CIC is going to validate these trips? Worst is, I used to have US I-94, I never had US-inbound stamp either.

Basically, I have no other proof, I am wondering how CIC is going to validate the additional trips in my application?

Can they issue a post test RQ in this scenario? I have not seen people getting post test RQs these days??