+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Length of time to conduct criminality and security background

jenpep632

Feb 28, 2022
Hey, how long does IRCC take to conduct a criminality and security background check? When IRCC asks for RPRF to be paid where in the processing do they reach?
Can someone let me know, thank you!

Aswathiujjjj

May 18, 2021
Hey, how long does IRCC take to conduct a criminality and security background check? When IRCC asks for RPRF to be paid where in the processing do they reach?
I am stuck in Criminality and security since April,2022.

jenpep632

Feb 28, 2022
Wow, did you call to find out why from April 2022 and the process with the criminality and security is not finalized yet?

Aswathiujjjj

May 18, 2021
Wow, did you call to find out why from April 2022 and the process with the criminality and security is not finalized yet?
I am calling IRCC every single day and it’s the same response. My file processing at Whitehorse and they are known for taking insane amount of time for background check. I am just waiting, waiting and waiting….

thiagofrk

Star Member
Nov 12, 2021
In our case the RPRF request was the first thing asked after the AOR (it was asked in the same day of AOR). After that, you will need to upload the receipt in the portal. If you not find the place/link to upload in the portal (my case) you will need to send the receipt via webform.

jenpep632

Feb 28, 2022
I am calling IRCC every single day and it’s the same response. My file processing at Whitehorse and they are known for taking insane amount of time for background check. I am just waiting, waiting and waiting….
I did not know that processing is also done at Whitehorse. Learn everyday

ValDen

Star Member
Sep 20, 2023
I would like to reopen this thread.

My file shows all stages completed on the PR portal (outland application), and received Pre arrival in beginning of September 2023, but they are still performing a criminality review and the file is at a standstill. My husband has lived in the same country all his life, no military service and no criminal background, not even a speeding ticket. Why is it taking so long to process?

Is anyone else in the same situation