+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Legalizing Diploma for EE

HassanH

Star Member
Apr 22, 2017
Hi guys,

I have a Masters Degree from Spain, and I've already done the ECA for it.

My question is, since the diploma is in Spanish, I know I have to translate it to English. But do I have to notarize/legalize the diploma before I submit it after I receive my ITA? Or will simply the scan of the Diploma + Certified English Translation + ECA be enough ?

To notarize the Diploma I have to go back to Spain and stamp it from the ministry of education, then the ministry of foreign affairs, then my embassy in Spain. Then I have to come back to my country and submit that to the Spanish Embassy here for them to verify it. Is all this process necessary? I mean my university already sent my degree to the WES when I was doing the ECA, so they know it's legit.

Thanks

scottyt

May 3, 2017
If you are in Canada the CIC likes to see documents that were translated by A Canadian Certified Translator and A Canadian Notary to authenticate copies. Otherwise they end up wanting the notary stamp translated and signed declaration (legal oath) from a translator from outside Canada. I married a Mexican lady we learned the hard way to have as much as possible done in in Canada as far as translating any documents.

swasah

Oct 29, 2019
Hi Haasan, I am in a similar position that i have an ECA for my degree earned in Spain but I am confused whether I need to get it legalized for Express entry to Canada. Can you confirm what you ultimately did and what result you got ?