+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Legal translation - Marriage Certificate UAE please help

EFK

Feb 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone,

I am still confused about one thing:
My marriage certificate is from Dubai (in arabic).

I have a legal translation into english, and it has been attested by Ministry of Justice and Ministry of Foreign Affairs UAE (on the back side).
It is on the letter head of the translation company.

At the end of the translation is a stamp saying "First Name Last Name, Certified Sworn Translator duly approved by the UAE Ministry of Justice" and at the end: "XYZ LEGAL TRANSLATION" (Company name) . The translator has signed on this stamp.
It is attached to the original arabic document from the court.

There is no declaration or affidavit.. I have been informed that legal translators do not provide an oath, since they are legally recognized by all govmnt entities globally... and if I have MOJ and MOFA attestations, then there should be no issues...
Has anyone managed with this? Any advice on how I can proceed? This translation was done 2 years ago.... so not sure how to get a sworn declaration...

In the above, I will scan the translated page, followed by the stamps at the back, followed by the original arabic - all put together as one document... is that correct?

Please advise...

tx

farazafzal

Aug 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
EFK said:
Hi everyone,

I have a legal translation into english, and it has been attested by Ministry of Justice and Ministry of Foreign Affairs UAE (on the back side).

At the end of the translation is a stamp saying "First Name Last Name, Certified Sworn Translator duly approved by the UAE Ministry of Justice" and at the end: "XYZ LEGAL TRANSLATION" (Company name) . The translator has signed on this stamp.

There is no declaration or affidavit.. I have been informed that legal translators do not provide an oath, since they are legally recognized by all govmnt entities globally... and if I have MOJ and MOFA attestations, then there should be no issues...
Has anyone managed with this? Any advice on how I can proceed? This translation was done 2 years ago.... so not sure how to get a sworn declaration...

In the above, I will scan the translated page, followed by the stamps at the back, followed by the original arabic - all put together as one document... is that correct?

Please advise...

tx

What you did about this?? Did you sort it out.??

Share your experience.

Thanks

usijan

Star Member
Jul 13, 2017
Hi everyone,

Please advise...

tx
Hi,

Any update on this subject? I have heard and read the same regards legal translators in Dubai.