+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Legal Help for TFW

scaryclare

Star Member
Jun 20, 2012
No my husband came over first to work for another company who we ended up reporting to the Labour Board and thats Ok for my husband to get home but what about me and the kids and all our items that we have now after being here for 3 years. Its disgusting I feel like going to the media to show how TFW are treated I am so mad and wish we had never come here.!!! How can you contribute to an economy for 4 years and then not be able to get a penny back disgusting!!!! SOOOO MAD and upset this is our lives.

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
It is sad and unfair, but try not to make decisions when you are emotional. Think of what you want, which is a LMO and new work permit in. :) Going public about another employer could ruin your chances with a new employer, especially in the same industry. I would wait until you get the permit, and decide if you still want to pursue it. Besides, with no source of income, it's probably not the time to spend your savings on lawyer fees although if you can get a free consultation, that is will be great too.

Jitu1011

Aug 23, 2011
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-05-2012
Doc's Request.
Reached Sydney 18-05-2012/ PER 4 June 2012
AOR Received.
20-JUNE-2012
IELTS Request
7.5 (Sent with application)
File Transfer...
20-June-2012
Med's Request
14-AUG-2012
Med's Done....
25-AUG-2012/ Medical Line updated on Ecas 7Oct2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-AUG-2012
VISA ISSUED...
31st- Oct - 2012
LANDED..........
15th Nov 2012
As I said It is employer choice to do LMO for foreign worker and we cannot force them, as certain instances employer tried best to help employee with LMO and work permit but HRSDC doesnt approve application and hence due to rejection either employer did it again or employee lose heart and left canada.

So in your case too whether they kept you waiting or just cheated your trust by not doing it, you are on behest of employer and cant claim anything. Ofcourse if you have a job offer agreement and an application with which you can relate your case and tell immgration officer that my employer blackmailed me and asked for money to complete paperwork only then you can make a stand against your employer.

In my case I allowed Bank to exploit me for my experience but I knew in advance that it is their policy to not do any kind of paperwork for TFW or students who are working with them on PGWP. After getting failure from Bank, I tried it with local restaurant where I was working part time for long time and allowed them to harass and exploit me to fullest just to provide me an LMO and I got LMO and 3ys work permit and the harassment and torture is still continues as my PR application is under process based on the LMO so I actually cant take any step against employer because at end of day it will screw my PR. SO the crux of story is we cant do anything even with help of media or govt agencies because we are FOREIGNERS and Law is not made for our security or benefit. Yes one day when your life get smooth you can tell media your struggle.

Can you imagine how painful for a professional to work in restaurant as a general labour and still not get paid for actual hours, and moreover has to pay back a major part of salary back to employer for doing a LMO. But always remember GOD is watching and neither I gonna spare people for SIN they have done to me, just wait for right time, till then just ensure that you get legal status to stay no matter even if you have to pay money for it.

Take Care

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
Wow... Jitu, it is illegal for the employer to collect money for a LMO. But I imagine you know this. How sad that people actually do this. :mad: :( I like your spirit though, hopefully, your PR will arrive soon.

out

Jun 23, 2012
we all sympathize to the situation you are in that your former employer made some lapses on you in the processing of LMO. senoritabella has a point of not dwelling your decision on steaming emotions.

the employer can always reason out as their defense in the event of not doing their part on the LMO as prioritizing permanent resident and canadian citizen. with that kind of premises who can contest?

it is really disappointing that we foreign workers are always at mercy to be taken in or not. at the end of the story; the bitter truth not only here in canada but to all countries where we are not naturalized is whoever cannot stand; the door is wide open to leave....

at the end of the tunnel is light...scaryclare nobody is greater than the good great God!
we care!!!

scaryclare

Star Member
Jun 20, 2012
Thank you all but we have to make a decision in the next 2 weeks of if we stay or go as like I say we are out of money!

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
Wow... really hope you get some news soon. Is the employer willing to call Service Canada for updates or to say they need your husband's skill set asap? I've heard that employers can request speedy processing though I don't know whether it will make a difference.

scaryclare said:
Thank you all but we have to make a decision in the next 2 weeks of if we stay or go as like I say we are out of money!

scaryclare

Star Member
Jun 20, 2012
It has been with an officer for nearly 2 weeks, we asked them to call on Tuesday and tell them that our restoration status was due to expire today and still nothing.....I have contacted lawyers, MLA even Jason Kenney but no relpies!!!

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
Go to the MP's office that represents your area.

scaryclare said:
It has been with an officer for nearly 2 weeks, we asked them to call on Tuesday and tell them that our restoration status was due to expire today and still nothing.....I have contacted lawyers, MLA even Jason Kenney but no relpies!!!

scaryclare

Star Member
Jun 20, 2012
Hi
I have already emailed them and they have treid to help push the LMO through so feel sure she will get back to me once she reads my email I sent on Friday but of course its a bank holiday tomorrow, everything is against us.