+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

legal document for name chnage

digambar123

Jan 27, 2017
Hi friends,

I am from India. I expect answers from Indian friends to my queries as these are very specific.

I have filled up PR application, upon completion of which the system showed me checklist of some documents. I have few queries regarding it.

1. I have a spelling mistake in my name in employment Offer/Appointment letter/ Salary slips. But the name in official documents is correct. I have indicated this in personal details as nickname/ alias name. Due to this I need to submit "Legal document for Name change". Can anyone let me know which document is required?

2. I have indicated in PR application that my wife's surname is changed due to marriage. Due to this I need to submit "Legal document for Name change". Can anyone let me know which document is required?

3. My wife is an Ayurveda Doctor. She is self-employed and runs her own Clinic. In her work history I have mentioned that she is employed. Since there is no selection for Self-employment i had to select Employment. Also I have indicated her clinic name as her employer name or company name. Please let me know what documents do I need to provide as her employment records.

AHRCanada

Jul 23, 2017
Hi friends,

I am from India. I expect answers from Indian friends to my queries as these are very specific.

I have filled up PR application, upon completion of which the system showed me checklist of some documents. I have few queries regarding it.

1. I have a spelling mistake in my name in employment Offer/Appointment letter/ Salary slips. But the name in official documents is correct. I have indicated this in personal details as nickname/ alias name. Due to this I need to submit "Legal document for Name change". Can anyone let me know which document is required?

2. I have indicated in PR application that my wife's surname is changed due to marriage. Due to this I need to submit "Legal document for Name change". Can anyone let me know which document is required?

3. My wife is an Ayurveda Doctor. She is self-employed and runs her own Clinic. In her work history I have mentioned that she is employed. Since there is no selection for Self-employment i had to select Employment. Also I have indicated her clinic name as her employer name or company name. Please let me know what documents do I need to provide as her employment records.
Hi, i just wanted to check around wife's legal name(surname) change document. I am applying for the PR and got the same document requirement for my wife. Can you please tell what documents did you submit. Thanks in advance for any help :)

kunalkhanna

Star Member
Apr 25, 2017
Toronto, ON, Canada
App. Filed.......
07-08-2017
AOR Received.
07-08-2017
Med's Request
08-09-2017
Passport Req..
25-09-2017
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2017
LANDED..........
24-03-2018
Hi, i just wanted to check around wife's legal name(surname) change document. I am applying for the PR and got the same document requirement for my wife. Can you please tell what documents did you submit. Thanks in advance for any help :)
For the name change after marriage I submitted below documents for my wife:

1. LOE explaining why the name change occurred and from what date.
2. My marriage certificate
3. My wife's cancelled passport before marriage with her old name
4. My wife's current passport with new name after marriage.
5. a court affidavit attested by a notary as a declaration of change of name. You can get it easily in India.

AHRCanada

Jul 23, 2017
For the name change after marriage I submitted below documents for my wife:

1. LOE explaining why the name change occurred and from what date.
2. My marriage certificate
3. My wife's cancelled passport before marriage with her old name
4. My wife's current passport with new name after marriage.
5. a court affidavit attested by a notary as a declaration of change of name. You can get it easily in India.
Thank you for the information. I do have first four documents but not the 5th one. I am Canada currently so i was wondering if 5th one is required at all. If its absolutely important then i might have to get it done from notary here in canada?

kunalkhanna

Star Member
Apr 25, 2017
Toronto, ON, Canada
App. Filed.......
07-08-2017
AOR Received.
07-08-2017
Med's Request
08-09-2017
Passport Req..
25-09-2017
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2017
LANDED..........
24-03-2018
Thank you for the information. I do have first four documents but not the 5th one. I am Canada currently so i was wondering if 5th one is required at all. If its absolutely important then i might have to get it done from notary here in canada?
I don't think it is absolutely necessary. Since I was in India so it was easier for me to get it and that is why I attached it.
May be some one more experienced can share more details.

Tosif_A

Jul 18, 2021
@Digambar
Hi friends,

Hello, I have a same situation with me where I have four of my previous employers have different name on the letters (offer letter, experience letter, pay slip etc) I wanted to check with you
1) Selecting nickname/alias is the right option and worked for you
2) Do I need to submit affidavit for the different names or did you submit it, what worked you ?