+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Left Canada after filing PR application: Inform CIC?

RamBalmiki

Dec 28, 2014
Hi all, I left Canada after filing my PR application. I had already spent 1+ years in Canada, but I had to leave since my project ended and my company transferred me back to my home country (India).

I have given my legal representative's address in the application for all communication. I have not received medical request yet. My application is still in 'Application received' stage after 6 months.

Do I need to inform CIC that I have left Canada and send them my new residential address in India? If yes, how? (is e-mail OK?) Will it cause any problems? (Like transferring my case to India office which might take longer after having waited months for processing at Ottawa office). Or will not informing cause any problems? What does CIC normally expect in such situations?

Hope someone can answer... and thanks for all your help.

mtr2o13

Star Member
Dec 23, 2013
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-11-2013
AOR Received.
10-01-2014
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
14-06-2014,RPRF req:16-06-2014
Med's Done....
14-06-2014. RPRF PAID:-18-06-2014 ecas: medical received 22-06-2014
Passport Req..
27th Oct 2014 ECAS: Decision Made 27th Oct 2014
VISA ISSUED...
17 Dec 2014
Ideally you should be informing CIC. It won't delay your application processing. It's just the address update in records. If you expect that you will be in Canada in sometime then it's an option to inform otherwise I would say send an email to CIC.

RamBalmiki

Dec 28, 2014
mtr2o13 said:
Ideally you should be informing CIC. It won't delay your application processing.
Thanks mtr2o13, I will send an email informing about the address change to CPC-CTD-Ottawa, and see what they have to say

rks0101

Oct 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

Other Option you have are:-

1. Apply for BOWP and work/stay in Canada while your PR application is finalized.

In case of change of address, your visa office will change to new address country..

Cheers..

razabi83

Star Member
Nov 24, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
Travel history - April 28
AOR Received.
19-03-2016
Med's Done....
20-03-2016
Hi RamBalmiki,
can you post the template of your email? Thx

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
rks0101 said:
Hi,

Other Option you have are:-

1. Apply for BOWP and work/stay in Canada while your PR application is finalized.

OP is not eligible for BOWP, as s/he has already left Canada.

In case of change of address, your visa office will change to new address country..

Not true...

rks0101

Oct 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jes_ON I do not agree with your comments. They are logically not correct.

1. If some one applied for PR within Canada, he/she can apply for BOWP to extend stay in Canada. There are so many cases to say this is correct. Do you know of any case this to show that this is not correct?

2. If someone changes current residential address to another country his file would be transferred the nearest visa office for further processing. There are so many examples of this in this forum....Do you know of any case this to show that this is not correct?

maxloner

Star Member
Jul 29, 2014
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-2014
Doc's Request.
-N/A-
Nomination.....
-N/A-
AOR Received.
07-08-2014
IELTS Request
01-10-2013
File Transfer...
-N/A-
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
12-12-2013
Interview........
waiting....
Passport Req..
waiting....
VISA ISSUED...
waiting....
LANDED..........
waiting....
rks0101 said:
jes_ON I do not agree with your comments. They are logically not correct.

1. If some one applied for PR within Canada, he/she can apply for BOWP to extend stay in Canada. There are so many cases to say this is correct. Do you know of any case this to show that this is not correct?

2. If someone changes current residential address to another country his file would be transferred the nearest visa office for further processing. There are so many examples of this in this forum....Do you know of any case this to show that this is not correct?
rks0101
To your 2nd question first --> File is transferred to nearest Visa office only when the time comes to issue the Visa for PR landing. Else all processing happens at Ottawa. So generally speaking JES_ON is right.

Lastly to your 1st --> The first criteria for a BOWP is that candidate has to be present physically in Canada while applying for BOWP. In this case the candidate is outside Canada. So applying BOWP from outside Canada is not an option

Amituofo

Jan 5, 2015
Also applying for BOWP requires the applicants have a valid WP when sending the application. In Ram's case, since he is outside of Canada and his WP might be expired, he is not eligible...

Also CIC wouldn't send PR card to outside of Canada. Maybe Ram can come back as a visitor...