Waived
Med's Done....
01-09-2012
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
05-12-2012
So Excited and scared at the same time.

Wish you guys the best of luck in life and hope you all reach there safe as well.

This forum has been the greatest source of support since the day I planned my documents to the day I got my visa.

Special thanks to vimalind, Aston, rohit, aarti, ankit, HBK.

Good luck everyone, hope everything works out.

1bal

Nov 9, 2012
Punjab
Category........
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
7 bands
File Transfer...
29-11-2012
Med's Done....
5-11-2012
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
10-12-2012
LANDED..........
01-01-2013
Happy and Journey Bro !!! :p

vimalind

Aug 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Happy Journey Josh.. keep in touch leave your handy number once u reached in canada as PM.

I will be my way on 29'th... 8)

ankit8689

Oct 26, 2012
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-11-2012
IELTS Request
22-09-2012
Med's Request
3-11-2012
Med's Done....
3-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
5-12-2012
LANDED..........
26-12-2012
Josh21 said:

Wish you guys the best of luck in life and hope you all reach there safe as well.

This forum has been the greatest source of support since the day I planned my documents to the day I got my visa.

Happy journey josh.. All the best for bright future ahead..

rohit53

Nov 15, 2012
Hyderabad
Visa Office......
University
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
20-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
06-12-2012
LANDED..........
31-12-2012
Have a safe trip man! And don't forget to share your experience with us!

Josh21

Oct 27, 2012
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
IELTS Request
Waived
Med's Done....
01-09-2012
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
05-12-2012
Reached Montreal International Airport today after such a long flight. By the time I took my luggage etc I was half dead. Met with immigration officer at the end to get my permit.

She only asked for my Letter of Introduction, Offer Letter and Passport. Other questions were whether I was single and what is my height and weight, I said id guess it to be this much etc, what do you think? she laughed lol.

Overall, fun experience. Tiring but fun.

vimalind

Aug 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Josh21 said:
Reached Montreal International Airport today after such a long flight. By the time I took my luggage etc I was half dead. Met with immigration officer at the end to get my permit.

She only asked for my Letter of Introduction, Offer Letter and Passport. Other questions were whether I was single and what is my height and weight, I said id guess it to be this much etc, what do you think? she laughed lol.

Overall, fun experience. Tiring but fun.
Enjoy the stay.. how'z the weather?

Josh21

Oct 27, 2012
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
IELTS Request
Waived
Med's Done....
01-09-2012
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
05-12-2012
vimalind said:
Enjoy the stay.. how'z the weather?
u wont notice weather till u step out of airport. freezing cold. buy one coat before coming. Also dont be suprised if officer here asks you questions about previous visa applications. she asked me why i didnt use my one year visa to can in 2007 even though it was in my old pp, i didnt even tell delhi lol.

vimalind

Aug 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Josh21 said:
u wont notice weather till u step out of airport. freezing cold. buy one coat before coming. Also dont be suprised if officer here asks you questions about previous visa applications. she asked me why i didnt use my one year visa to can in 2007 even though it was in my old pp, i didnt even tell delhi lol.
LOL.. crazy.. if she is gonna same IO for me.. i will her date once i come out :p

Aarti2791

Star Member
Sep 8, 2012
Josh21 said:

I hope you reached safely.
All the best. Have a great life in Canada.

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
Josh21 said:
where ru staying josh? did u make contact with any of the concordia indian students? if ur staying in hostel is it far.....i am sure ur looking for permanent accommodation please give some idea about the experience.....

Josh21

Oct 27, 2012
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
IELTS Request
Waived
Med's Done....
01-09-2012
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
05-12-2012
mead said:
where ru staying josh? did u make contact with any of the concordia indian students? if ur staying in hostel is it far.....i am sure ur looking for permanent accommodation please give some idea about the experience.....
No contact yet, I reached late friday and was jet lagged for a day.

Im staying relatively close by right now to both mcgill and concordia, the locals tell me its like 10 min away on metro. The problem is its so cold here and it just keeps on snowing. Its hard to move outside. Otherwise people are friendly here. They consider english their second language but try their best to speak it properly.

Perm residence, Ive started the search. Craigslist is what ive been using, its effecient and nice. Problem is the university warned me to get aqqainted with quebec lease laws before I sign anything. Also some people dont accept new students in the city without a third person signature aswell so be sure to ask this question before you arrange a viewing.

Average rent here is 500-600 for a 1.5 apartment. generally stove, heater, fridge is included.

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
Josh21 said:
No contact yet, I reached late friday and was jet lagged for a day.

Im staying relatively close by right now to both mcgill and concordia, the locals tell me its like 10 min away on metro. The problem is its so cold here and it just keeps on snowing. Its hard to move outside. Otherwise people are friendly here. They consider english their second language but try their best to speak it properly.

Perm residence, Ive started the search. Craigslist is what ive been using, its effecient and nice. Problem is the university warned me to get aqqainted with quebec lease laws before I sign anything. Also some people dont accept new students in the city without a third person signature aswell so be sure to ask this question before you arrange a viewing.

Average rent here is 500-600 for a 1.5 apartment. generally stove, heater, fridge is included.
thanks for the great info...i know it will get difficult to update this post later but will u keep us all updated with ur experiences?

Josh21

Oct 27, 2012
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
IELTS Request
Waived
Med's Done....
01-09-2012
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
05-12-2012
mead said:
thanks for the great info...i know it will get difficult to update this post later but will u keep us all updated with ur experiences?
Yes, will do.

Went out again today. Two people approached me for the first time today and were like do you have any change, I need for xxx. I honestly was suprised. Its different from India, you cant make out whos a begger here because everyone wears coats and stuff. They are also quite tall and well built so thats another thing. I said i didnt have any and proceeded to turn back and walk very fast lol.

I asked the locals about this and they said people are harmless but I dunno I guess im just a little concerned since they are physically capable of mugging u unlike in India. I would suggest you never carry more then 20$ with you and keep some change just incase you need to give some. Its worth giving a bit then getting into trouble. Never forget that your in a foreign land and montreal is mostly white, our skin colour sort of makes us stand out to the local crowd so travel safe.

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
Josh21 said:
Yes, will do.

Went out again today. Two people approached me for the first time today and were like do you have any change, I need for xxx. I honestly was suprised. Its different from India, you cant make out whos a begger here because everyone wears coats and stuff. They are also quite tall and well built so thats another thing. I said i didnt have any and proceeded to turn back and walk very fast lol.

I asked the locals about this and they said people are harmless but I dunno I guess im just a little concerned since they are physically capable of mugging u unlike in India. I would suggest you never carry more then 20$ with you and keep some change just incase you need to give some. Its worth giving a bit then getting into trouble.
generally beggers/homeless people r harmless but its good to be safe. once u get used to u will figure out who the homeless people are.