+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Leaving Quebec directly after landing !!

ZoroZoro

May 7, 2009
Hi

I plan to land in Quebec, stay for a month to obtain PR card.
Then move to Alberta.

Will I have troubles with CIC ?

I signed a paper to settle in Quebec.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ZoroZoro said:
Hi

Then move to Alberta.

What do you think?

I have never heard of them going after anybody but if you want to cover your behind, do some job search while you are in Quebec and document it. If anybody ever asks you, you can say that you looked for a job and didn't find anything.

ZoroZoro

May 7, 2009
Leon said:
ZoroZoro said:
Hi

Then move to Alberta.

What do you think?

I have never heard of them going after anybody but if you want to cover your behind, do some job search while you are in Quebec and document it. If anybody ever asks you, you can say that you looked for a job and didn't find anything.

Thanks for your comment Leon

From my search, I guess its OK.
But in THEORY, CIC could deney PR status.

How long you recommend me to stay in Quebec before leaving?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There is no fixed time limit because they don't make you sign for a time. Surely if you stay there for 3 years, apply for citizenship and get it, you would be perfectly safe to move somewhere else. Everything else could be open to question. If you get a job and stay for a year, I should say you would also be safe to leave if you found a better job elsewhere. 2 years probably safer than a year. 2 months safer than one. Really, nobody knows. You could stay one day and leave and nothing might happen.

openeye

Oct 14, 2008
I could be wrong but I remember having signed for 12 months somewhere on my application or some other documents... but again I could be wrong.

Moving away directly after arrival is definately not a good idea, simply because it will probably cost you a lot of sleepless nights for years. You will never be safe as somebody who wants to get back at you, whether directly or general politics, can still try to get your status revoken for not having settled in Quebec at all.. I do not know how much that applies to citizenship, but even then I guess that some people could argue that having signed for settling in Quebec and then not doing so at all is a sort of falsified information provided in the application... Depending on the agent, the worst case scenario could be revocation of citizenship if you have a second one..

So simply settle in Quebec, Montreal is really not bad at all, for about a year, maybe you'll like it, maybe you won't but at least then you can live in psychological peace and dont have to worry about the immigration officers in black suits ;-)