+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Leaving Canada while inland application is in process

canadiangirl

Jan 25, 2010
Wanted to start a new topic for people that have left Canada while their inland application was in process. Share experiences. It sounds like alot of people are interested to hear how this has gone over for others! And what documentation you had to get back into Canada.

sogwap

Feb 18, 2010
Indiana
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think it really depends on where you are from and why you are applying inland.

Typically you apply inland because you are here. And are not free to travel between countries. In other words a Visitor Visa is required. In this case leaving greatly jeopardizes your getting back into Canada.

However if you are from a Visa exempt country you likely can get back in as a visitor. However in most of these cases you would apply out land and not have this dilemma.

warah

Mar 22, 2010
Kitchener, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2008
AOR Received.
22-06-2010
Med's Done....
30-06-2010
This is exactly what I am looking for. Our PR application has been taking over 2 years :mad: and still waiting. Once we got the AIP, I have applied the extension for my work permit (should be complete sometime this month). However, my wife and I would like to go back to my home country China while the inland application still in process. Because she had completed her ESL program and would like to gain some teaching experience in China. We don't mind making an extra trip to come back for the landing interview. Also, before our departure, I will make sure I have a re-entry visa.

Just want to know my application will continue while we are in China and I can return with the re-entry visa. Any information will be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

canadiangirl

Jan 25, 2010
We applied because my commonlaw husband(from Ireland) had a 1 year workvisa for Canada. We sent in our spousal application before the work visa expired in May (including the extension on his work visa).

We were hoping to go on a vacation end of January for a week (when we sent in the application I was under the impression the entire process took 6-7 months). There's alot of people on here who have left and come back. Just dont know what to do, it wont be worth it if hes not allowed back in the country for some reason.

Jean26

Sep 26, 2010
British Columbia
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
Non
AOR Received.
16-04-2010
LANDED..........
Feb 4th 2011
Hi Canadiangirl

I have been searching for more experiences of people in the forum as well, cause I also intend to travel sometime if my application is still in process after february 2011 and some people have told me that they have had no problem at all coming back in, and that it is more safe when you travel and come back in with your partner. That you should have in hand all your papers, like marriage certificate, e-cas printed out, financial supports under both of your names just in case they ask for that. I also called and they told me that I shouldn't have a problem coming back in cause I have a multiple entry visa that was issued in my country and it expires in a year from now. But altough I have heard from 4 different people on this forum that they have travelled with no major problems, I still have my doubts cause the majority recommends not to... I will only take the risk if my dad who is actually in a very sick condition gets worst, in that case I won't even think about it and I will just go.
I think that if the person has a multiple entry visa, and didn't come to canada just with a single entry visa, it shouldn't be a problem, they should openly allow us to travel with out fear....