+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Leaving Canada while Dependent Child Sponsorship in Process

zainabfis

Aug 6, 2014
My husband has filed a sponsorship application for my daughter's PR since February 2019 and it's in process. I the mother of the child and my 2 PR kids (ages 8 and 6 years) should be in Canada by July 2019 to meet our RO.
I have the folloing questions:
1- If I enter at the PoE will my kids in breach of RO but valid PR cards will be allowed to enter Canada too?
2- If i leave my non PR daughter in the home country and fly to Canada to meet my RO, can my husband leave Canada and stay with my daughter in our home country while her sponsorship is in process?
3- We want to be truthful and we want to inform the authoritites about the delay in our return to Canada. Will my husband's absence from Canada for a couple of months affect my daughter's sponsorship in any way?
Please suggest. I am in great stress these days due to my children and myself being away from my husband and not being able to meet him even after applying for a sponsorship twice and TRV twice too.
Your support will be much appreciated.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
My husband has filed a sponsorship application for my daughter's PR since February 2019 and it's in process. I the mother of the child and my 2 PR kids (ages 8 and 6 years) should be in Canada by July 2019 to meet our RO.
I have the folloing questions:
1- If I enter at the PoE will my kids in breach of RO but valid PR cards will be allowed to enter Canada too?
2- If i leave my non PR daughter in the home country and fly to Canada to meet my RO, can my husband leave Canada and stay with my daughter in our home country while her sponsorship is in process?
3- We want to be truthful and we want to inform the authoritites about the delay in our return to Canada. Will my husband's absence from Canada for a couple of months affect my daughter's sponsorship in any way?
Please suggest. I am in great stress these days due to my children and myself being away from my husband and not being able to meet him even after applying for a sponsorship twice and TRV twice too.
1. They will be allowed to enter but may be reported.

2. He is a PR and must live in Canada throughout the process. You know this, as it is EXACTLY why you were refused the first time.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
If you do not want to be away from your husband longer, then find some way/someone to care for your non-PR child and join your husband in Canada. Or you can scarify your time spent with your hubby and stay with your non-PR child while waiting for the sponsorship to be approved.

Asking him to leave Canada again will only pro-long your separation. PR cannot live outside of Canada while sponsoring a dependent.