+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Leaving Canada for Good!!!!!!!!!

cute_guy

Feb 7, 2013
Hey All,

I would like to use this forum to enlighten my friends little bit about Canada, and why I'm leaving this place and heading towards Australia.
I came here in Dec'13 on study permit to do my MBA. I had offer from MUN and JMSB, so I first landed in St.John's to check out the place. I spent 15 days there and left the place without attending college...Main Reasons:
1. MUN is decent university with very low tuition for MBA , but the place is dead in terms of future opportunities. No major business houses nor any known companies office in that city. Once, done with MBA you will be forced to leave the province and look elsewhere.
2. Very small place with very less population, nothing much to do.

Then, after that I came to Montreal to start my MBA at JMSB. Montreal is decent sized city with with good business houses and economy. Now after studying for sometime, I have realized that fees I'm paying and the quality of education at this college do not match at all( Fees: 42k for international student).
Add to this the French language barrier and cold which lasts for 7-8 months of year. The cold can be good initially, but gets depressing after sometime. Also, French Canadian are nice, but very reserved people(not fun at all), which hinders your networking opportunities here.

After, realizing all of the above I have decided to leave now and apply SP for Australia, which has much better weather and all English speaking people.
So, all the people who are planing to come down here, choose carefully if you are not fan of cold weather and like to live a outdoorsy life ....Canada is not for you !!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

cute_guy said:
Hey All,

I would like to use this forum to enlighten my friends little bit about Canada, and why I'm leaving this place and heading towards Australia.
I came here in Dec'13 on study permit to do my MBA. I had offer from MUN and JMSB, so I first landed in St.John's to check out the place. I spent 15 days there and left the place without attending college...Main Reasons:
1. MUN is decent university with very low tuition for MBA , but the place is dead in terms of future opportunities. No major business houses nor any known companies office in that city. Once, done with MBA you will be forced to leave the province and look elsewhere.

Then, after that I came to Montreal to start my MBA at JMSB. Montreal is decent sized city with with good business houses and economy. Now after studying for sometime, I have realized that fees I'm paying and the quality of education at this college do not match at all( Fees: 42k for international student).
Add to this the French language barrier and cold which lasts for 7-8 months of year. The cold can be good initially, but gets depressing after sometime. Also, French Canadian are nice, but very reserved people(not fun at all), which hinders your networking opportunities here.

After, realizing all of the above I have decided to leave now and apply SP for Australia, which has much better weather and all English speaking people.
So, all the people who are planing to come down here, choose carefully if you are not fan of cold weather and like to live a outdoorsy life ....Canada is not for you !!
1. Did you do any research before you chose those 2 schools as to the size of the city, weather, language in Quebec?
2. Canada is a big country, did you check out the weather on the west coast?

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
cute_guy said:
Hey All,

which country ru from? once u go to Australia u may feel the same minus the weather.....i agree french is a barrier in montreal but there r a lot of other places u could do MBA .....

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Beautiful British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
go to Australia u may feel the same minus the weather.
Yea... spiders in size of a dinner plate and snakes in the gardens vs winter... what a choice ;D

But I am glad he decided not to stay working illegally as I suppose first he planned to come to Canada to a study as international student without enough funds and without any "cushion".

cute_guy

Feb 7, 2013
Regina said:
But I am glad he decided not to stay working illegally as I suppose first he planned to come to Canada to a study as international student without enough funds and without any "cushion".
I'm really surprised at your thinking, guess -ve people just breed -ve thoughts, but lets just get over some dumb ass who has nothing constructive to add.

cute_guy

Feb 7, 2013
mead said:
which country ru from? once u go to Australia u may feel the same minus the weather.....i agree french is a barrier in montreal but there r a lot of other places u could do MBA .....
Any particular reason you say that ?? I mean you have lived in both countries

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
cute_guy said:
Any particular reason you say that ?? I mean you have lived in both countries
i have stayed in multiple countries and i am from india i feel once u change a country u start liking the previous country ..u need to give it time for the new country to work out for u...u can try Australia and I am guessing ur ready to loose the money u spent in canada. where in Australia r u planning to go compare that city with ur current city...

gosia

Apr 26, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-08-2010
Doc's Request.
26-05-2011
File Transfer...
15-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made April 15, 2013
LANDED..........
20-06-2013
good luck in australia, you will enjoy the warm weather for sure. How are the fees though?

cute_guy

Feb 7, 2013
mead said:
i have stayed in multiple countries and i am from india i feel once u change a country u start liking the previous country ..u need to give it time for the new country to work out for u...u can try Australia and I am guessing ur ready to loose the money u spent in canada. where in Australia r u planning to go compare that city with ur current city...
comparing Montreal with Brisbane/Melbourne

cute_guy

Feb 7, 2013
gosia said:
good luck in australia, you will enjoy the warm weather for sure. How are the fees though?
Fees are very comparable, colleges in Canada are charging way more then what they provide!!!

cute_guy

Feb 7, 2013
Regina said:
Compare Vancouver with whatever you want. ;)
hahahaha...Vancouver just one dumb costly city you guys got ???Even Canadians can't afford to live there....They keep dreaming their whole life while suffering in Regina shit hole :p :p :p