fuzzywarb

Star Member
Jun 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey guys, I briefly posted this in the November 2013 app thread.

I'm in Canada, been here three years. I was sponsored for PR under the BC PNP. ECAS shows my app received November 12th 2013 and it is showing under 'in process' as of May 28th this year. I've paid all fees and I'm nervously awaiting 'decision made' and PPR.
I am also a single applicant.

I unfortunately have some family issues back home in England and I'm needing to move back rather soon. I could always wait, but it seems like nobody can really judge when these guys look at your file.
I'm concerned however that if I leave Canada, I will jeopardize my PR application.

Can anyone clarify this for me?

I appreciate all your help :) x

utopie

Dec 14, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2013
Nomination.....
11-09-2013
AOR Received.
30-10-2013
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
30-10-2013
Med's Request
30-10-2013
Med's Done....
02-12-2013
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
24-07-2014 (decision made: April 15, 2014)
VISA ISSUED...
1-09-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
fuzzywarb said:
Hey guys, I briefly posted this in the November 2013 app thread.

I'm in Canada, been here three years. I was sponsored for PR under the BC PNP. ECAS shows my app received November 12th 2013 and it is showing under 'in process' as of May 28th this year. I've paid all fees and I'm nervously awaiting 'decision made' and PPR.
I am also a single applicant.

I unfortunately have some family issues back home in England and I'm needing to move back rather soon. I could always wait, but it seems like nobody can really judge when these guys look at your file.
I'm concerned however that if I leave Canada, I will jeopardize my PR application.

Can anyone clarify this for me?

I appreciate all your help :) x
Same boat. Leaving for France on Sunday. Got decision made almost 3 months ago but no COPR yet. As long as we have a valid status (work/study permit) and passport we can leave.

fuzzywarb

Star Member
Jun 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
utopie said:
Same boat. Leaving for France on Sunday. Got decision made almost 3 months ago but no COPR yet. As long as we have a valid status (work/study permit) and passport we can leave.
Bit different bro, I'm on about leaving for good, maybe a year or so. My plan is to do that once I have PR anyway. What I'm wondering is, if i can do that before I have it.

My work permit is valid till Feb 2015. As is my current passport.

roadtocanada2014

Star Member
Mar 17, 2014
fuzzywarb said:
Bit different bro, I'm on about leaving for good, maybe a year or so. My plan is to do that once I have PR anyway. What I'm wondering is, if i can do that before I have it.

My work permit is valid till Feb 2015. As is my current passport.
Hey There - You can always leave and come back later as long as you have a valid status to enter back. If you are from canada, I doubt if you will need to send your passport to CIC but they may ask for it. Worst come to worst, you may need to come back for few weeks or month or two to get this sorted.. If it is not an emergency - I would stay back .. people from November are getting passport requests. Just hag in there or may be email Cic and explain the situation.

Hope this helps

fuzzywarb

Star Member
Jun 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
roadtocanada2014 said:
Hey There - You can always leave and come back later as long as you have a valid status to enter back. If you are from canada, I doubt if you will need to send your passport to CIC but they may ask for it. Worst come to worst, you may need to come back for few weeks or month or two to get this sorted.. If it is not an emergency - I would stay back .. people from November are getting passport requests. Just hag in there or may be email Cic and explain the situation.

Hope this helps
But can I do that? BC PNP have sponsored me, from my employer. If I leave the employer to no job and return, it's voided no?

jazz_dhami

Star Member
Sep 11, 2013
surrey
Category........
Visa Office......
vancouver
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16 december 2013
Nomination.....
19 March 2014
File Transfer...
17 April
Med's Request
22 May
Passport Req..
Waiitng
I have the same question. What if i got a PPR while I am out of Canada. Should i come back immediately to canada to submit my Passport or can i submit to canada embassy in my home country.
if someone can please answer that

mannmann

Nov 23, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The problem here is you have to remain in your job or the same category of job while your PR is in process. Even if you're at the end they can still request info from your employer and render you application not approved. You have to be completing on average 30 hours a week within your job.

You can leave and return as often as you like while on a work permit. Also once PR is confirmed you have to effectively 'land' in Canada. Usually after COPR you get 3 - 6 months to complete landing, then once landed you need to provide them with a Canadian address for them to forward your permanent residency card (which is currently taking 8 - 10 weeks). They advise you not to leave Canada while awaiting this card. You can leave on vacation but not leave for an extended period. Once you have your PR card you are free to come and go as you please but need to have at least two years living within Canada over a five year period after you have landed as a PR.

Hope that helps

fuzzywarb

Star Member
Jun 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mannmann said:
The problem here is you have to remain in your job or the same category of job while your PR is in process. Even if you're at the end they can still request info from your employer and render you application not approved. You have to be completing on average 30 hours a week within your job.

You can leave and return as often as you like while on a work permit. Also once PR is confirmed you have to effectively 'land' in Canada. Usually after COPR you get 3 - 6 months to complete landing, then once landed you need to provide them with a Canadian address for them to forward your permanent residency card (which is currently taking 8 - 10 weeks). They advise you not to leave Canada while awaiting this card. You can leave on vacation but not leave for an extended period. Once you have your PR card you are free to come and go as you please but need to have at least two years living within Canada over a five year period after you have landed as a PR.

Hope that helps
So many people to be fair just get their card sent to a Canadian address if they're out the country.

Thanks for the heads up though.

RicenTortilla

Star Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As I know they can send your PR card to a address that you give them outside of Canada, at least it works for Mexico.