Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
NOC Code......
LIC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

It's May and the first leg of B.C.'s minimum wage increases begins this month.

I hope LCP is eligible on this increase. Are we? ;)

My employer wishes to increase my pay a little bit higher than what is stated on the Factsheet. Can they do that even if we have a signed contract?

http://www.labour.gov.bc.ca/esb/

Thanks

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Good for you!!!! Yes, sign a new contract.

plussy said:
Hi,

It's May and the first leg of B.C.'s minimum wage increases begins this month.

I hope LCP is eligible on this increase. Are we? ;)

My employer wishes to increase my pay a little bit higher than what is stated on the Factsheet. Can they do that even if we have a signed contract?

http://www.labour.gov.bc.ca/esb/

Thanks

plussy

Jan 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
NOC Code......
LIC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
job_seeker said:
Good for you!!!! Yes, sign a new contract.
Hi Job_seeker,

Thanks....

Do we have to sign a new contract? Coz, I'm about to finish my 2-year LCP this May and will submit them by June. My employer agreed to let me stay and continue my work until I get my OWP. So, if we make a new contract with the amended salary, I'll include this with my existing contract that I will pass this June? Making it two contracts then.

Thanks again...

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Just to make the increase official. When is your WP expiring?

plussy said:
Hi Job_seeker,

Thanks....

Do we have to sign a new contract? Coz, I'm about to finish my 2-year LCP this May and will submit them by June. My employer agreed to let me stay and continue my work until I get my OWP. So, if we make a new contract with the amended salary, I'll include this with my existing contract that I will pass this June? Making it two contracts then.

Thanks again...

plussy

Jan 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
NOC Code......
LIC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
job_seeker said:
Just to make the increase official. When is your WP expiring?
Hi, my existing WP will expire on Feb 2012..

plussy

Jan 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
NOC Code......
LIC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
And one more thing Job_seeker... As we all know, this BC's wage increase comes in 3 'stages' (May 2011, Nov 2011, and May 2012). Do we have to change the contract again every time the wage increases? My employer wants this be done 'by the book'.

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
plussy said:
And one more thing Job_seeker... As we all know, this BC's wage increase comes in 3 'stages' (May 2011, Nov 2011, and May 2012). Do we have to change the contract again every time the wage increases? My employer wants this be done 'by the book'.
Create on contract indicating the dates of increases in wage to correspond with the law. For example:

"Effective May 1, 2011, your salary will be $8.75 per hour. This hourly rate will increase to $9.50 on November 1, 2011, and increase again to $10.25 per hour on May 1, 2012."

plussy

Jan 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
NOC Code......
LIC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rjessome said:
Create on contract indicating the dates of increases in wage to correspond with the law. For example:

"Effective May 1, 2011, your salary will be $8.75 per hour. This hourly rate will increase to $9.50 on November 1, 2011, and increase again to $10.25 per hour on May 1, 2012."
Hi Rjessome,

Thank you for that idea.. Will do that on the new contract.

Thanks again. :)