+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

lay-off

tim123_canada

Dec 2, 2010
was lay off snce my arrival here,two months ago as a hairstylist,since it was an skilled working job,can i have a low skilled work,cos i have to find awork now,any site or agency where can i apply>needs some help......

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you find an employer and he can get an LMO for you, you can apply for a new permit based on that LMO. You can not start working for any new employer until you have a new permit.

It does not matter if it is a skilled or low skilled job but if you want to immigrate to Canada, you should try for skilled. You will not have many options to immigrate if you are low skilled.

rhonzrose

Dec 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Embassy of Canada in Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-2011
Passport Req..
February 06, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
February 12, 2011
Hi Tim!

Your Kabayan right? Can i ask you if the Canadian Embassy in Abu Dhabi also required for our NBI clearance from Philippines even i was here in UAE for almost 4 yrs? Or the Police Clearance is enough? Tim why you've been lay-off? You were new in there, what happen? Can you tell me?

Just type Jobs in Canada then links will just appear.

No harm in trying.

GOD BLESS

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
What province are you in? jobbank.gc.ca, kijiji.ca or craigslist.ca and newspapers would be good "sites" to start looking for a job. How long a work permit do you have? If and when you find an employer other than the job bank, the employer must have had advertised with the job bank for at least 14 days before he/she can apply for a labour market opinion in your favour.

tim123_canada said:
thanks,dont you know any site where can i apply,sorry cos im just new and i dont have anyone here to ask some help,...

tim123_canada

Dec 2, 2010
i was lay off,because my employer told me that his businss is quite slow,so he told me to ind another,with regardsto your nbi clearance,u have to provide that documents,thats the reasons why my papers took so long,and it was refused for 2 days delays,but i made an appeal letter,and they reopened it....im here in canada now,but i was lay off....too bad///...

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As long as your work permit is still valid, you can ask the former employer if he is still slow because unless you get a new permit for another employer, this is the only place you can work. If he can give you a little work, it would be better than nothing and you can still look for another job in the meantime.

rhonzrose

Dec 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-2011
Passport Req..
February 06, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
February 12, 2011
Hi Tim!

Sa Alberta ka rin ba? Hope your well now. Don't feel so disappointed, God has plan and purpose. Keep on praying, He will provide Job for you. I check my checklist before sending all my documents to Canadian Embassy in Abu Dhabi. For me it's all complete, but just now i realized that NBI Clearance will be needed as well. I obtain only Police Certificate here in Ras Al Khaimah. So maybe i will expect an email from the immigration asking for my NBI right? Tim can you tell me any possibilities that they will not issue me a working permit? Can anybody share their thoughts here please.

Please tell me also the process on applying NBI Certificate to our Phil. Consulate and how long it will take. I don't have old NBI CLEARANCE.

Thanks and Regards,

tim123_canada

Dec 2, 2010
upon rceiving the form from the philippine embassy in RAK,u have to send to your family who will gonna send it to the nbi office,well it depends,if theres no hit on your name,it took an hour,bt if theres a hit,it took one week to wait,and after that,they will send it back to you,to send again to the canadian embassy,just pray that they will grant u a working visa.....

rhonzrose

Dec 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-2011
Passport Req..
February 06, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
February 12, 2011
Tim can my relatives process my NBI clearance in province area like KALIBO AKLAN OR ILO2X?
Or they really need to go at TAFT Branch and do it in Manila?

Thanks!

rhonzrose

Dec 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-2011
Passport Req..
February 06, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
February 12, 2011
How are you Tim?
Tanong ko lang sana, dito ka ba sa UAE nagpa finger prints for NBI?
After po ba ng finger prints nakuha mo ba agad ang form from police same time? nung araw din mismo na yun nakuha mo ba agad?

Please advice.

Best regards,

Rose

abisehiyo

Star Member
Dec 14, 2009
AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 06,2010
Mga kabayan, I'm also in Alberta, in Edmonton. Hirap maghanap ng employer na magbigay ng LMO. :( Goodluck to us.

tim123_canada

Dec 2, 2010
theres a form from the phil embassy in abu dhabi,,fill up m un with the finger print na,assist ka naman nila,i tapos authenticate nila un to be forwarded sa pinas para dun ang processing.at depende kung ala kang kapangalan,u will get it an hour,pero pag may kapangalan ka,it took 1 week....tapos send nila sau,kc kailangan pa ng thumbmark mo,b4 u send sa canadian embassy.....

tim123_canada

Dec 2, 2010
@abesiheyo....what kind of work u are applying....saan k d2 sa edmonton,....hope to see u,para may kasama akong maglakad....lol////tc