+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Late spouse add-on to PR application in process

raiden

Sep 2, 2021
Hi everyone!
I have applied for PR in Aug 2021 as a protected person.

And just 3 weeks ago (June 2022) I married outside Canada and now I want to include my wife in my permanent residentship application.
I reached out to IRCC and they told me that I need to submit her documents with paper and looks like I need to fill these 3 forms:
- Generic form,
- Schedule A form,
- Additional Dependants Declaration Form.

So my questions are:
- Should I change something through webform first, such as marital status and then send these applications OR it is only these applications that I need to submit ASAP?
- I did my initial PR app with paralegal, that's why I am not sure - are these Generic, Schedule A the same with the ones I filled before?
- What is the general process? Send these forms, then they will reach out for biometrics, medical and those kind of requirements?

I greatly would appreciate your response. Thanks!

Reactions: Shenick77

derin1010

Oct 18, 2017
Toronto
The generic form imm0008, schedule A imm 5669 and Additional Dependants Declaration Form imm5406 are all the same forms you filled when you applied for permanent resident. Your spouse has to fill the same forms.

you Can pay for for your spouse biometric when you pay for the application fees.

Ircc will send the medical form after your spouse application has been approved in principle

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
Hi everyone!

And just 3 weeks ago (June 2022) I married outside Canada and now I want to include my wife in my permanent residentship application.
I reached out to IRCC and they told me that I need to submit her documents with paper and looks like I need to fill these 3 forms:
- Generic form,
- Schedule A form,

So my questions are:
- Should I change something through webform first, such as marital status and then send these applications OR it is only these applications that I need to submit ASAP?
- I did my initial PR app with paralegal, that's why I am not sure - are these Generic, Schedule A the same with the ones I filled before?
- What is the general process? Send these forms, then they will reach out for biometrics, medical and those kind of requirements?

You already let IRCC know about Marital status change and that is they asked you to submit the documents. Now go ahead and submit the documents. Your spouse will be added to your profile once IRCC receives the documents.

raiden

Sep 2, 2021
Thanks @RSub & @derin1010 !
I really appreciate your responses!

@derin1010 , do I first submit the documents and then pay the fee? When they ask for the payment? (Again, I had done my initialPR with paralegal that's why i don't know..)

@RSub, when I called them, I don't think they changed anything about my status because they were just answering my questions.. I will try to connect with them today and let them know. BUT shouldn't I use the webform also for that? Thanks.

Last edited:
Reactions: RSub

anandsin

Star Member
Jan 12, 2023
Thanks @RSub & @derin1010 !
I really appreciate your responses!

@derin1010 , do I first submit the documents and then pay the fee? When they ask for the payment? (Again, I had done my initialPR with paralegal that's why i don't know..)

@RSub, when I called them, I don't think they changed anything about my status because they were just answering my questions.. I will try to connect with them today and let them know. BUT shouldn't I use the webform also for that? Thanks.
What was your timeline?

raiden

Sep 2, 2021
What was your timeline?
This is the timeline of my wife's PR application. I added her to my ongoing PR application back then (which I received my CoPR already in Feb, 2023).
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on August 30, 2022.
  2. We started processing your application on December 1, 2022.
  3. We sent you medical instructions on December 14, 2022. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  4. Medical results have been received.

anandsin

Star Member
Jan 12, 2023
Thanks for the response. My wife and I were requested for Schedule A again. We just submitted it this week. Were you asked as well second time?

Reactions: Eso55

raiden

Sep 2, 2021
Thanks for the response. My wife and I were requested for Schedule A again. We just submitted it this week. Were you asked as well second time?
Yes and no. We submitted her Schedule A and other docs to IRCC and once they processed them, they directed us to the embassy (email). Where the embassy asked for Schedule A and other docs again. So if you mean that one, then yes, but otherwise they haven't asked about it again. The only document they requested 6 months after the medicals and such, was the Family Listing (it is a local government doc) in June.

Chimurenga 4

Star Member
Feb 10, 2021
Hi everyone!

- Generic form,
- Schedule A form,

So my questions are:

Hi Raiden, sorry to go off topic. Did you travel to a third country to get married or did you do it remotely?

anandsin

Star Member
Jan 12, 2023
I checked my application tracker all status are complete both for my wife and I as of 7/18/23. When do you guys think I should be expecting a PPR?

Mine -
Eligibility, Background, biometrics, medicals passed

Wife-
Background, biometrics, medicals passed

raiden

Sep 2, 2021
I checked my application tracker all status are complete both for my wife and I as of 7/18/23. When do you guys think I should be expecting a PPR?

Mine -
Eligibility, Background, biometrics, medicals passed

Wife-
Background, biometrics, medicals passed
It is a bit confusing for me. If it shows "complete" for your wife, how come they haven't asked about the PPR? Maybe that application tracker shows only yours? Did you check the applications status here:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-status.html

Also can you please share your (or your wife's if you are sponsoring her) timeline with us if possible?

anandsin

Star Member
Jan 12, 2023
@raiden Received PPR today. TimeLine below.

I got ITA in March-2022 and applied in April -2022.

• 2/2/2022 – AINP Nomination (Got NOI in Sep-2021 and Nomination in February-2022)

• In March – ITA

• 4/2/22 - Application sent

• 6/16/22 - Biometric request

• 6/16/22 - Medical passed

• 7/8/22 - Biometrics submitted

December got married and notified IRCC through webform in January. Received a letter from IRCC in May asking for documents of wife along with medical receipt. We did not have a UCI # for my wife. So, we figured we will do a upfront medical and upload the receipt.

5/23/23 - Submitted all documents
6/2/23 - They added dependent in the IRCC portal and we got the email stating documents are uploaded.
6/7/23 - IRCC updated passed medical and extended my medical by one year since my medical was getting expired
6/14/23 - Wife BIL request (scheduled for 6/30/23)
6/15/23 - Self (Eligibility pass)
7/19/23- Final Decision changed to processing on GC key
7/21/23 - Received PPR

Anyone know whats the time line from getting PPR to getting passport back after submission. I live in USA but have planned trip to India end of August.

raiden

Sep 2, 2021
@raiden Received PPR today. TimeLine below.

I got ITA in March-2022 and applied in April -2022.

• 2/2/2022 – AINP Nomination (Got NOI in Sep-2021 and Nomination in February-2022)

• In March – ITA

• 4/2/22 - Application sent

• 6/16/22 - Biometric request

• 6/16/22 - Medical passed

• 7/8/22 - Biometrics submitted

December got married and notified IRCC through webform in January. Received a letter from IRCC in May asking for documents of wife along with medical receipt. We did not have a UCI # for my wife. So, we figured we will do a upfront medical and upload the receipt.

5/23/23 - Submitted all documents
6/2/23 - They added dependent in the IRCC portal and we got the email stating documents are uploaded.
6/7/23 - IRCC updated passed medical and extended my medical by one year since my medical was getting expired
6/14/23 - Wife BIL request (scheduled for 6/30/23)
6/15/23 - Self (Eligibility pass)
7/19/23- Final Decision changed to processing on GC key
7/21/23 - Received PPR

Anyone know whats the time line from getting PPR to getting passport back after submission. I live in USA but have planned trip to India end of August.
Wow! You got PPR just 2 months after applying? May to July? That's awesome man! Congrats!

anandsin

Star Member
Jan 12, 2023
Technically its more than a year. My file had no issues but they put on hold for some reason. Once i added my wife to file, somehow they ramped up the file processing.