+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Lasik eye surgery in edmonton

Jennyca

Aug 20, 2014
Hello! I have a myopia (nearsighted) with astigmatism, with -10.25 grade on both eyes. I was planning to have my lasik here in the philippines, though my husband suggested that it is better to have it in edmonton. Me and my son will be going this december to join my husband in a work permit visa and maybe i will be setting an appointment next year anytime january.

Anyone who have had lasik in edmonton? Since insurances will not cover such operations like thus, how much will it cost me? Please help me with this. Thank you very much.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I had lasik in 2008 in Edmonton at Lasik MD. It cost me $3000 but it all depends on your eyes. It can be more or less for you. Prices probably up since then too. If your husband has supplementary insurance through his work, this insurance may include vision care (eye glasses) every couple of years. Once you arrive and get signed up for AB health and get added to his supplementary insurance, you can ask if they will cover any portion. My insurance covered what they would usually have covered every 2 years for eye glasses which was $480 at the time.

Jennyca

Aug 20, 2014
Leon said:
I had lasik in 2008 in Edmonton at Lasik MD. It cost me $3000 but it all depends on your eyes. It can be more or less for you. Prices probably up since then too. If your husband has supplementary insurance through his work, this insurance may include vision care (eye glasses) every couple of years. Once you arrive and get signed up for AB health and get added to his supplementary insurance, you can ask if they will cover any portion. My insurance covered what they would usually have covered every 2 years for eye glasses which was $480 at the time.
Thanks a lot Leon for the information. It's the first thing I should do when we get there. I hope it applies to my son since he is wearing glasses too. He had it when he was 4 and he has to wear it until he reaches the age when he can be a good candidate for lasik, which is 18 i think. It would be a great cut in the financial expenses, since he has to undergo eye check ups annually for prescriptions.

Once again, thanks a million.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can of course ask your husband now if he has supplementary insurance through his work. If he doesn't, you may consider getting one privately. They will usually pay partially for medication, dental work and vision care so your son's checkups and new glasses would be covered.

Jennyca

Aug 20, 2014
Leon said:
You can of course ask your husband now if he has supplementary insurance through his work. If he doesn't, you may consider getting one privately. They will usually pay partially for medication, dental work and vision care so your son's checkups and new glasses would be covered.
Yes, hes has. Thanks again for the information and for the time. I will contact you again for further queries and infos if its okay with you. Godspeed.