+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Language proof: Bachelors degree from Philippines

kismet23

Star Member
Mar 1, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

Has anyone use as language proof a bachelors degree from the Philippines. Was it accepted?

Thank you.

asagalen

May 22, 2010
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 18, 2010
AOR Received.
April 3,2010
Med's Request
April 3, 2010
Med's Done....
April 14, 2010
Passport Req..
May 21, 2010/Ecas: DM June 23 2010
VISA ISSUED...
July 14, 2010
LANDED..........
july 17, 2010
for any bachelor degree? or bachelor degree in english studies?

Steel Detailer

Jul 15, 2014
asagalen said:
for any bachelor degree? or bachelor degree in english studies?
Any Bachelor degree! OK!
No particular field of studies. As we (filo) knows that we used English language in school. cheers.

pelipeli2

Star Member
Feb 3, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kismet23 said:
I have bachelors of degree in accountancy.
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! haha, came upon this thread while searching if my BS Accountancy Diploma and Transcripts is sufficient language proof :) Thank you!!!

question though: did you have to submit a letter from the school saying the medium of instruction is in English?
My diploma, transcripts and certificate of graduation are all in English so I am thinking if I still need to get the letter.

torontoguy1981

Star Member
Mar 16, 2013
Hi

I think you need a declaration from your school that you took your program in English or French.. I had a BA in English Literature from Jordan, yet they asked me to provide a defalcation from my university that it was taken in English.. Instead of going through all the time to contact my university and ask for the declaration... I chose to do one of the test here that cic approve and I got it right away...

I strongly advised to do that because that also save time on your waiting time for your application... instead of spending so much time for cic to verify ur papers abroad, it is easy for them if it is local..

pelipeli2

Star Member
Feb 3, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
torontoguy1981 said:
Hi

I think you need a declaration from your school that you took your program in English or French.. I had a BA in English Literature from Jordan, yet they asked me to provide a defalcation from my university that it was taken in English.. Instead of going through all the time to contact my university and ask for the declaration... I chose to do one of the test here that cic approve and I got it right away...

I strongly advised to do that because that also save time on your waiting time for your application... instead of spending so much time for cic to verify ur papers abroad, it is easy for them if it is local..
Were your diploma and transcripts in English?
Based on my readings here , it is really case to case basis.
I also called CIC this afternoon if I need to submit that and they said it is not needed if the diploma and transcripts are already in English. Still, it's still a matter of luck I guess if you get a nice officer or not.

Juney

Star Member
Dec 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pelipeli2 said:
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! haha, came upon this thread while searching if my BS Accountancy Diploma and Transcripts is sufficient language proof :) Thank you!!!

question though: did you have to submit a letter from the school saying the medium of instruction is in English?
My diploma, transcripts and certificate of graduation are all in English so I am thinking if I still need to get the letter.
The transcript is good enough especially that everything is in english and with passed/graduated status. Good luck.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
One of the december applicant's application was returned because he just sent the transcripts. Make sure to attach copy of degree/diploma as well and also try to get the language of instruction in english letter to make a strong proof.

This way you will save your time and avoid future issues.

sjardanne

Jan 12, 2007
my case:
i submitted photocopies both transcripts and diploma (bachelors) together with application.
after i took the test, there was interview where i brought with me originals of my transcript and diploma with other IDs too. but the officer didnt even look at my transc n diploma.

taking oath next week.:)

pelipeli2

Star Member
Feb 3, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sjardanne said:
my case:
i submitted photocopies both transcripts and diploma (bachelors) together with application.
after i took the test, there was interview where i brought with me originals of my transcript and diploma with other IDs too. but the officer didnt even look at my transc n diploma.

taking oath next week.:)
Congrats!!! what office and how long did it take?