+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

language for citizenship

canadaman2012

Star Member
Aug 16, 2012
hey guys plz help me for this subject, I got permanent resident through Canadian experience class , I did IELTS on that time, now I am eligible for citizenship apply .please let me know I have to do again language test or not .my friend tols me i just need to send copy of that times result but it is already expired . plz help me about it.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
canadaman2012 said:
hey guys plz help me for this subject, I got permanent resident through Canadian experience class , I did IELTS on that time, now I am eligible for citizenship apply .please let me know I have to do again language test or not .my friend tols me i just need to send copy of that times result but it is already expired . plz help me about it.
If you have done IELTS General(not academic) and the score is as follows:
4.0 or higher in speaking, and
4.5 or higher in listening. (Please note: If the test was done before November 28, 2008, we will accept a level 4 or higher);

If you meet the criteria mentioned above you can apply even with your expired IELTS.

canadaman2012

Star Member
Aug 16, 2012
ok I found my IELTS results copy today , it was done on october 10 , 2010 , I have submited that papers while I applied canadian experience class on 2012,my score was reading.4.5,speaking 5.5 listening 5.5 writing 5.5 band score was 5.5 . so I am ok to using this certificate for citizenship ?? plz let me know thanks .

remix_yang

Feb 13, 2017
If you became PR via CEC, I believe you graduated from a post-secondary program, you will only need to provide a copy of your diploma, see below

Language proof if you are 18-64 years of age
Proof of completion of a secondary or post-secondary program conducted in French or English, either in Canada or abroad, includes:
A diploma or transcripts from a secondary or post-secondary school indicating the successful completion of a program, in French or English, either in Canada or abroad, or
A diploma or certificate from a secondary or post-secondary school indicating successful graduation from a program conducted in French or English, either in Canada or abroad.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
canadaman2012 said:
ok I found my IELTS results copy today , it was done on october 10 , 2010 , I have submited that papers while I applied canadian experience class on 2012,my score was reading.4.5,speaking 5.5 listening 5.5 writing 5.5 band score was 5.5 . so I am ok to using this certificate for citizenship ?? plz let me know thanks .
I suppose the ielts copy is IELTS General (Correct), if yes, you can apply it as a language proof as you have more than minimum required bands. You can still submit the copy even though it has expired. CIC accepts expired IELTS General.

Oct2016

Star Member
Nov 2, 2016
Yes you are good to go, attach the copy with your application and you will be good.

Good Luck!

canadaman2012 said:

Fhaider

Star Member
May 10, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi.

I've sent my application package on March 1st, 2017 and I have a question about Proof of Language.

I've done Masters from England in year 2010 as as proof I'm attaching
- copy of my degree/certificate
- copy of transcript
- copy of assessment/equivalency of qualification from University of Toronto

Do you think that's enough?

foodie69

VIP Member
Dec 18, 2015
Fhaider said:
Hi.

I've sent my application package on March 1st, 2017 and I have a question about Proof of Language.

I've done Masters from England in year 2010 as as proof I'm attaching
- copy of my degree/certificate
- copy of transcript
- copy of assessment/equivalency of qualification from University of Toronto

Do you think that's enough?
You may send a transcript, diploma or certificate showing that you graduated from a secondary school or from a post-secondary program in Canada or abroad. These materials must show that the program was in English or French. A single course in an official language is not enough to meet this requirement.

Fhaider

Star Member
May 10, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks.
Yes it was in English
I've sent all and can be verified. :)

cprak0

May 25, 2010
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21-05-2011
Audrey2013 said:
Can I use my old TOEFL test result for the langguage test? What score should I get? Tnx!
They don't accept TOEFL results and neither do they take a score from LINC even if it is way
high..

from the CIC site

"We will accept third-party test results as proof of your language ability if it is from one of the following organizations:

CELPIP General (Canadian English Language Proficiency Index Program General test)
CELPIP General-LS - a two-skills (listening and speaking) version of the CELPIP General test
IELTS - General training - General training (International English Language Testing System)
Test d’évaluation de Français (TEF) (in French)
Test d’évaluation de Français (TEFAQ) (in French) or TEF pour la naturalisation – a two-skills (listening and speaking) version of the TEF

The following tests will be accepted only if they have been previously submitted for immigration purposes to Quebec:

Diplôme approfondi de langue française (DALF) (in French)
Diplôme d’études en langue française (DELF) (in French)
Test de connaissance du français (TCF) or Test de connaissance du français pour le Québec (TCFQ)

We will not accept third-party test results that are not on this list, even if they are similar."

CICOtawa

Star Member
Apr 17, 2015
I had CELPIP exam and I don't have an official copy of it. Just the one that I made when I sent it to CIC. Is this OK?

Audrey2013

Star Member
Mar 14, 2017
cprak0 said:
They don't accept TOEFL results and neither do they take a score from LINC even if it is way
high..

from the CIC site

"We will accept third-party test results as proof of your language ability if it is from one of the following organizations:

CELPIP General (Canadian English Language Proficiency Index Program General test)
CELPIP General-LS - a two-skills (listening and speaking) version of the CELPIP General test
IELTS - General training - General training (International English Language Testing System)
Test d’évaluation de Français (TEFAQ) (in French) or TEF pour la naturalisation – a two-skills (listening and speaking) version of the TEF

The following tests will be accepted only if they have been previously submitted for immigration purposes to Quebec:

Test de connaissance du français (TCF) or Test de connaissance du français pour le Québec (TCFQ)

We will not accept third-party test results that are not on this list, even if they are similar."

Thank you so much for the info.

rrajendra

Star Member
Mar 10, 2017
cprak0 said:
high..

from the CIC site

They DO ACCEPT score from LINC! I am saying this from my own, very recent, experience!!!