+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landing - Your experience and suggestions needed

bujji1

Dec 9, 2007
Dear All,

I am planning to land in Canada from USA by car ( Driving through Buffalo) . I searched internet and got the answers for few of my questions, but none of them are latest so wondering anything is changed.

My Plan: - Driving to Canada and completing the formalities and returning back to USA on the same day

1) I don't have a friend or relative or a job in Canada, so I cannot give any address to the boarding authorities. Is it going to effect?

2) Since I am coming back on the same day I don't get a chance to apply for SIN Number. Is it okay? If I won't apply am I going to lose anything?

3) Can I show the Bank statements I have or do I need to take any DD or anything?

5) All people question, My H1 stamping is expired long ago and I have valid H1 papers. Is it still valid I can go to Canada and come back on the papers again or is there any available source I can call and find out?

6) How do I collect my PR and where do they send it? Is there any way I can go again and collect at the boarder.
Could somebody help me? Thanks again for your help

Regards
Kiran

babutv2000

Jan 29, 2009
1) I don't have a friend or relative or a job in Canada, so I cannot give any address to the boarding authorities. Is it going to effect?
NO. YOU CAN APPLY FOR PR WHEN U RELOCATE FINALLY.

2) Since I am coming back on the same day I don't get a chance to apply for SIN Number. Is it okay? If I won't apply am I going to lose anything?
YOU CAN APPLY FOR SIN WHEN YOU COME BACK FOR SETTLEMENT

3) Can I show the Bank statements I have or do I need to take any DD or anything?
BANK STATEMENT IN USD OR CAD IS ADEQUATE

5) All people question, My H1 stamping is expired long ago and I have valid H1 papers. Is it still valid I can go to Canada and come back on the papers again or is there any available source I can call and find out?
NOT SURE. MAY BE OTHER MEMBERS LIVING IN US CAN COMMENT.
6) How do I collect my PR and where do they send it? Is there any way I can go again and collect at the boarder.
PR CARD SENT TO ADDRESSES WITHIN CANADA ONLY. YOU NEED TO APPLY FOR PR WHEN YOU GO BACK FOR SETTLEMENT.

commonwealth

Nov 9, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
babutv2000 said:
Assuming you don't have passport from Visa waiver country, you might run into problems with your expired H1.... you should look into stamping your H1 extension.

ersum_max

Star Member
Jan 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo USA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2009
Doc's Request.
15-02-2010
AOR Received.
07-10-2010
IELTS Request
Submitted.
File Transfer...
transferred to LA Oct-2011
Med's Request
Nov-2011
Interview........
Waived.
commonwealth, he must be from non visa waiver country since he has previous expired H1.
Bujji, if that's the case surely you are gonna need to get H1 renewal stamp before entering USA. paperwork is not enough you have to have valid stamp to come back.

Regards,
Max :-X

ersum_max

Star Member
Jan 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo USA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......