Med's Done....
Sept 9, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
COPR Rec'd March 18, 2016
LANDED..........
April 16, 2016
Hello,
Sorry, but I have lots of questions. Shocked
I posted this on the settlement issues board also. Just hoping to get as many questions answered as possible. :)

When I land I will flagpole at the Rainbow Bridge border crossing. I have already been living in Canada for the past 2 years. Do I have to declare anything that I originally brought with me to Canada? When I land I won't have any personal belongings with me, is that okay? Will that be questioned at all?

I will have boxes shipped at a later time so I know that I need to complete the B4 form. If my items are all just house items (personal belongings) do I still need to place a value on each box or item? I have a list of what is in each box and I have the boxes numbered and labeled so when they are shipped customs will know.

When I land do I need to show our bank account for proof of funds, I won't have any cash on me.
I am on Implied Status right now because my visitor extension was not approved yet. Do I need to show my receipt that I had applied for the extension or does it not matter since I have PR approval.

I hope someone can help me with my questions. I plan on landing next weekend.

Thanks in advance!!
Tracy

kangamoose

Jul 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/08/2015
AOR Received.
02/09/2015
File Transfer...
AOR2 06/10/2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
11/07/2015
Passport Req..
DM 10/02/2016 Passport Copy Request 11/02/2016
LANDED..........
03/03/2016
Congrats on getting your COPR! :)

I landed with a small carry on suitcase and was not questioned about it, they did ask about goods to follow but I only have a handful of things to bring back next time I visit Aus so I never declared any. I also didn't declare things I had already brought with me.

I was never asked about proof of funds, just the usual "do you have more than $10,000 in cash"

I don't think your present status in Canada matters, you have the COPR and will be landing as a PR, after landing you could probably cancel the visitor extension and maybe get a refund?

TracyCa64

Aug 28, 2014
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2, 2015
Doc's Request.
Form IMM5409 requested Feb 20, 2016
AOR Received.
Nov 25, 2015
File Transfer...
SA- Dec 10, 2015 ** DM- March 14, 2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Sept 9, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
COPR Rec'd March 18, 2016
LANDED..........
April 16, 2016
kangamoose said:
Congrats on getting your COPR! :)

I landed with a small carry on suitcase and was not questioned about it, they did ask about goods to follow but I only have a handful of things to bring back next time I visit Aus so I never declared any. I also didn't declare things I had already brought with me.

I was never asked about proof of funds, just the usual "do you have more than $10,000 in cash"

I don't think your present status in Canada matters, you have the COPR and will be landing as a PR, after landing you could probably cancel the visitor extension and maybe get a refund?
Thanks Kangamoose!
I appreciate you sharing your info on your landing. I am pretty excited. I hope the weather is good I want to spend the day at the Falls and celebrate with a yummy dinner. ;)