+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landing Record Says: "Not Valid For Travel"

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

polara69 said:
I do not think it is technically possible to accidentally leave the country. To leave the country you would have to enter another one in the first place, and to enter the US without papers, good luck!

Example: I drive to the border crossing in Sumas, BC by car, there I HAVE to show my passport to the US immigration first, then they let me into the US. If I have no papers, they do not let me in and I remain in Canada. Should by miracle I get across and want to come back into Canada with no papers, then I am sure they can access my data, SIN, driver license, tax,, legal status etc etc
Drive along 0 avenue, it can be done.

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
polara69 said:
Agree, but then people are stupid. How can you not know where one is??
Not all crossings are marked exceptionally well. Some of them, once you have begun the route without necessarily realizing it, there is no place to turn around, you are just 'stuck' and have to follow through. There are some places that aren't in big cities that you cross into the US without even realizing you have done so because you passed the guard 'shack' on the side of the road and didn't even notice it. Sometimes it is manned, sometimes it is not. In these cases, it's a bit easier to return, provided you know where the heck you are and how you got there ;)