+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landing Questions

canada King

Jul 30, 2009
I got my immigrant visas stamped on March 26, 2011 from Buffalo. I am nominated by Alberta state.

Canada immigrant visa expires on July 22, 2011.

I am planning to complete my landing formalities on june 2011 in Niagara falls border? Is it advisable to go there?

Can I enter USA using Automatic revalidation. I do not have a valid H1 visa stamped on my passport .My old stamping expired 6 months ago.

But I do have a valid I 94 and I 797 valid until 2014.

Please shed your thoughts.

Has someone done it recently.

Canada King

speednab

Aug 15, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think you should have a valid H1B that will allow you to come back to the US.

speednab

Aug 15, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes but when you travel and want to come back you need to take with you all document to stamp it.

I also have H1B and cannot go anywhere else before I get the PR because of the risk they may not stamp it so I will loose all the process.

canada King

Jul 30, 2009
So I should take all the documents , complete the landing and book the appointment in the Consulate torronto same time frame and get my H1 B visa stamped.

speednab

Aug 15, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, I am planning to do the same time if everything works just fine.

Make sure you take all the necessary documents and keep in your mind that you may not get it. so finalize all your paper and your stuff in the US before you take the trip

canada King

Jul 30, 2009
You mean H1b or canadian PR approval , what is not guaranteed. MY colleagues in office got their H1B stamping completed even last month one of my team member got it approved.

speednab

Aug 15, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I meant H1B. I know people whom their application was denied. It is case by case. I hope you the best.

manianz47

Sep 15, 2008
Hi
If you have valid I-94 and I-797 (+ Other Documents), you should be OK for AVR even if you have expired Visa.
Do not try for Visa stamping. If it gets rejected for any reason, you automatically lose your AVR. You should then travel to your Home Country, get the USA Visa and enter USA.

lpereira

Apr 18, 2011
Can I use Automatic Revali...(AVR) even if I fly to Alberta, or is it specific to travel by road. :-X
My H1 stamped to my passport has expired so has the I-94 stapled to my passport, however I have a new I-94 which I received because of H1 extension.

Slash

Apr 7, 2011
lpereira said:
Can I use Automatic Revali...(AVR) even if I fly to Alberta, or is it specific to travel by road. :-X
My H1 stamped to my passport has expired so has the I-94 stapled to my passport, however I have a new I-94 which I received because of H1 extension.
AVR can be used by Air or Road.