Waived
Passport Req..
22 May 2014
VISA ISSUED...
2 June 2014
LANDED..........
17 Aug 2014
Dear All,
Finally by the grace of GOD, we have been issued Canada Immigrant Visa, couple of days back our passports returned back with the VISA. a 4 years wait finally paid off.

anyways guys now i am preparing myself for the landing, as i have booked my ticket for the 14th of August.

My plan is to stay in canada for a month and then return back to my homeland for pack-up and closing and then later maybe after 6 months move permanently to Canada.

i have already started reading posts related to Landing specially Mr. Qorax's post which are very helpful.

now coming to few of my queries.

As i am going for a month and than returning, i am bit concencerd about the tax benefits new immigrants get on the things they carry with themselves. i dont exactly know the canadian tax system but as per my little info, the funds or goods you carry with you at the time of landing are exempted from tax. as i am not moving permanantly in my first visit so i wont be carrying all my funds with me at landing, for POF i will planning to make a draft , show the draft to IO but would might not be depositing it in the bank account and bring it back as it is. and later move all my money in my next visiting. ******** so is this the ok approach which i am adopting or are there any points which i am missing here pls guide me.

secondly, for GOLD what is the best approach i am not carrying any gold at the time of landing but will be carrying later. so how to declare that ?

any other points which i should also consider or have to take care pls highlight or redirect me to existing posts relating my queries.

Lastly i would like to thanks all my fellow group members, for all their support and guidance. it would have not been possible with you all :)

God Bless you all.

mis

Mar 24, 2009
Karachi
Category........
Visa Office......
PARIS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-03-2010 - CC Charged on 16 June 2010
Doc's Request.
17-06-2010
Nomination.....
17-06-2010
AOR Received.
17-06-2010
IELTS Request
05-08-2010 Band 7
File Transfer...
TO PARIS OFFICE 27-02-2013
Med's Request
28-02-2013
Med's Done....
26-03-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22 May 2014
VISA ISSUED...
2 June 2014
LANDED..........
17 Aug 2014
bump!!!!!!!!

akbardxb

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2013
Mississauga
LANDED..........
28-03-2014
mis said:
Dear All,
Finally by the grace of GOD, we have been issued Canada Immigrant Visa, couple of days back our passports returned back with the VISA. a 4 years wait finally paid off.

anyways guys now i am preparing myself for the landing, as i have booked my ticket for the 14th of August.

My plan is to stay in canada for a month and then return back to my homeland for pack-up and closing and then later maybe after 6 months move permanently to Canada.

i have already started reading posts related to Landing specially Mr. Qorax's post which are very helpful.

now coming to few of my queries.

As i am going for a month and than returning, i am bit concencerd about the tax benefits new immigrants get on the things they carry with themselves. i dont exactly know the canadian tax system but as per my little info, the funds or goods you carry with you at the time of landing are exempted from tax. as i am not moving permanantly in my first visit so i wont be carrying all my funds with me at landing, for POF i will planning to make a draft , show the draft to IO but would might not be depositing it in the bank account and bring it back as it is. and later move all my money in my next visiting. ******** so is this the ok approach which i am adopting or are there any points which i am missing here pls guide me.

secondly, for GOLD what is the best approach i am not carrying any gold at the time of landing but will be carrying later. so how to declare that ?

any other points which i should also consider or have to take care pls highlight or redirect me to existing posts relating my queries.

Lastly i would like to thanks all my fellow group members, for all their support and guidance. it would have not been possible with you all :)

God Bless you all.
This has been extensively covered in other posts. Check on some of Qorax's posts.