+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landing Question

damien86

Star Member
Jan 5, 2016
Does anyone know which documents we need to have with us when we are landing? I've read we will need marriage certificate, reference letters and diploma. Are there any other necessary documents (such as proof of funds, transcripts etc)?

Do I need originals or notarized copies would suffice? You can imagine I don't feel very comfortable with carrying the original diploma :)

dell2

Feb 3, 2011
Calgary, Alberta.
Since you are moving to Canada why not take originals with you in carry on bag?
Most likely they don't ask for diplomas or marriage certificates but they'll ask for proof of funds, IDs, etc.
Regardless, you should carry all documents which you submitted at the time of application.

Meya06

Jun 29, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dell2 said:
Since you are moving to Canada why not take originals with you in carry on bag?
Most likely they don't ask for diplomas or marriage certificates but they'll ask for proof of funds, IDs, etc.
Regardless, you should carry all documents which you submitted at the time of application.
Agreed with dell,

Just in case bring all original documents with you to Canada, the immigration officer may request you for those papers. Nobody know what type of documents they will asking? Landing process is important and final procedure for become a Canadian permanent resident.

All the best and welcome to Canada :)

damien86

Star Member
Jan 5, 2016
thank you for the replies :) so I understand there is no specific list and it is prudent to bring everything.

I have another questions with regard to reporting requirement with cash min. CAD 10,000. I will be landing with my wife (dependant). Is the reporting requirement min. CAD 10,000 total or for each person?

Meya06

Jun 29, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
damien86 said:
thank you for the replies :) so I understand there is no specific list and it is prudent to bring everything.

I have another questions with regard to reporting requirement with cash min. CAD 10,000. I will be landing with my wife (dependant). Is the reporting requirement min. CAD 10,000 total or for each person?

Anytime you cross the border or arrive wherever in Canada you must declare any currency or monetary instruments you have valued at Can$10,000 or more for each person you must report in the verbal declaration made to a border services officer.

This amount includes Canadian or foreign currency or a combination of both. Monetary instruments include, but are not limited to, stocks, bonds, bank drafts, cheques and traveller's cheques. There are no restrictions on the amount of money you can bring into or take out of Canada, nor is it illegal to do so.

Meya06

Jun 29, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can see the declaration form at the link below,

http://settlement.org/ontario/immigration-citizenship/landing-and-leaving/landing-in-canada/how-do-i-bring-money-into-canada-proof-of-funds/

Hope this help