+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landing question

AP

Star Member
Jul 7, 2007
Hello friends,

I would appreciate your inputs on my situation.

I completed my medicals in sep 08 along with my wife and sent the RPRF.Now my wife is pregnant and expected to deliver sometime in Sep.I wish to know the following

a) Can the primary applicant land alone without the dependant and fulfill the formalities or do they have to land together?

b) Can CIC deny land of a pregnant lady? I know they send a form with IA stating that any change in family status is to be sent to them before medicals.I didn't have a change then but now I do see it coming.

Let know your experiences.

Regards,

AP

mistzone

Star Member
Mar 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AP said:
a) Can the primary applicant land alone without the dependant and fulfill the formalities or do they have to land together?

b) Can CIC deny land of a pregnant lady? I know they send a form with IA stating that any change in family status is to be sent to them before medicals.I didn't have a change then but now I do see it coming.
a) you can land alone & wife can join later after delivery, then you need to apply for change of family you can email them to find how this works (just pm me if you get this info frm them as it is useful to me also)

b) you can land with wife cic cant deny, but healthcare card comes only after 3month so you have to be insured properly thru pvt i think, when you both land there

qbanky

Star Member
May 19, 2008
Yes you can but make sure if you are adding a goods to follow list that you include all on one list for both you and your dependent

As earlier stated No they cannot deny in fact it is a benefit if you do since the child automatically becomes a Canadian citizen from birth...Having said that if you intend to Land in provinces where there is a waiting period you may need to purchase private insurance for three months! However there are provinces where you are covered from day 1 after you apply. Its up to you. An example is Alberta

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

qbanky said:
Yes you can but make sure if you are adding a goods to follow list that you include all on one list for both you and your dependent

As earlier stated No they cannot deny in fact it is a benefit if you do since the child automatically becomes a Canadian citizen from birth...Having said that if you intend to Land in provinces where there is a waiting period you may need to purchase private insurance for three months! However there are provinces where you are covered from day 1 after you apply. Its up to you. An example is Alberta
No insurance company will sell the OP a policy to cover his wife pregnancy, it is "an existing condition"

PMM

qbanky

Star Member
May 19, 2008
Better news if you wish to Land in Ontario , pregnancy is waived with respect to 3 months waiting period
the link is

http://www.search.e-laws.gov.on.ca/en/isysquery/648ebd4f-f321-4a94-9dfe-7015c91c13f5/4/frame/?search=browseStatutes&context=

Look under section 3 - Applications

The Health Insurance Act -R.R.O 1990 552 states:

The three-month waiting period referred to in subsection (3) does not apply to the following persons who are residents and who apply to become insured persons:

A pregnant woman who became pregnant before April 1, 1994 and who applied to become an insured person during the course of that pregnancy.
16. A pregnant woman who,
i. has submitted an application for landing under the Immigration Act (Canada) and has not yet been granted landing,
ii. became pregnant before April 1, 1994, and applied to become an insured person during the course of that pregnancy, and
iii. has been confirmed by the federal Department of Citizenship and Immigration as having satisfied,
A. all the medical requirements for landing, or
B. all the medical requirements for landing except for the requirement to submit to an x-ray.
17. A Canadian citizen, a landed immigrant under the Immigration Act (Canada) or a permanent resident under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (Canada) who, after July 20, 2006 comes to Ontario promptly after leaving a foreign country where an evacuation effort is being undertaken or facilitated by the Government of Canada. O. Reg. 491/94, s. 2; O. Reg. 67/00, s. 3; O. Reg. 328/05, s. 3; O. Reg. 362/06, s. 2; O. Reg. 209/08, s. 4.

I am sure other provinces with a waiting period will have their waivers too

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Nice try no cigar.

qbanky said:
Better news if you wish to Land in Ontario , pregnancy is waived with respect to 3 months waiting period
the link is

http://www.search.e-laws.gov.on.ca/en/isysquery/648ebd4f-f321-4a94-9dfe-7015c91c13f5/4/frame/?search=browseStatutes&context=

Look under section 3 - Applications

The Health Insurance Act -R.R.O 1990 552 states:

The three-month waiting period referred to in subsection (3) does not apply to the following persons who are residents and who apply to become insured persons:

A pregnant woman who became pregnant before April 1, 1994 and who applied to become an insured person during the course of that pregnancy.

Obviously doesn't qualify here

16. A pregnant woman who,
i. has submitted an application for landing under the Immigration Act (Canada) and has not yet been granted landing,
ii. became pregnant before April 1, 1994, and applied to become an insured person during the course of that pregnancy, and
iii. has been confirmed by the federal Department of Citizenship and Immigration as having satisfied,
A. all the medical requirements for landing, or
B. all the medical requirements for landing except for the requirement to submit to an x-ray.

Again applies to pre 1994, Ontario will insure applicants for landing in Canada only at the present time

17. A Canadian citizen, a landed immigrant under the Immigration Act (Canada) or a permanent resident under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (Canada) who, after July 20, 2006 comes to Ontario promptly after leaving a foreign country where an evacuation effort is being undertaken or facilitated by the Government of Canada. O. Reg. 491/94, s. 2; O. Reg. 67/00, s. 3; O. Reg. 328/05, s. 3; O. Reg. 362/06, s. 2; O. Reg. 209/08, s. 4.

She is not being evacuated

I am sure other provinces with a waiting period will have their waivers too
BC has a waiver for applicants in Canada once they have passed the medical, but they still have the 3 months waiting period.

PMM

qbanky

Star Member
May 19, 2008
Then simply go back to option B - Land in a province where you don't have to wait! another useful resource

www.settlement.org

if Toronto focused Goodluck