+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

landing question (Is this flag-poling or not)

Amir2017

Star Member
Jul 24, 2017
Hi guys,

My wife and I are PNP-inland. We decided to apply for the US visa to do the landing at the border (Niagra or whatever). We are gonna need it also to travel to the US in the future and we chose that approach to avoid any risk (of refusing entry without US visa) even if it is minimal.

We are planning to use our US visa and cross the border to Niagara Falls and come back again after 2 hours. Is this going to be considered a flag-pole in the US and/or the Canadain side because of the short visit (only 2 hours)? might this affect any future travel to the US? Thanks in advance for your help.

nov1061

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2012
Hi guys,

My wife and I are PNP-inland. We decided to apply for the US visa to do the landing at the border (Niagra or whatever). We are gonna need it also to travel to the US in the future and we chose that approach to avoid any risk (of refusing entry without US visa) even if it is minimal.

We are planning to use our US visa and cross the border to Niagara Falls and come back again after 2 hours. Is this going to be considered a flag-pole in the US and/or the Canadain side because of the short visit (only 2 hours)? might this affect any future travel to the US? Thanks in advance for your help.

Hi,
the 'flag pole landing' is when you receive so called 'Administrative refusal' at the US side and coming back to Canada without entering the US. In your case it'll be 'normal' (not flag pole) landing even if you visit the US for two hours only.

Reactions: Amir2017

Amir2017

Star Member
Jul 24, 2017
Hi,
the 'flag pole landing' is when you receive so called 'Administrative refusal' at the US side and coming back to Canada without entering the US. In your case it'll be 'normal' (not flag pole) landing even if you visit the US for two hours only.
Sounds good. Thanks a lot for your reply.