WAIVED
Passport Req..
10-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
18-02-2012
LANDED..........
May 2012
Hi Everyone,

I have got my Visas for PR now I live in US and I want to finish landing process, I was thinking to go to Canada for 2-3 days and come back after applying SIN, PR card etc they are saying that I cannot leave country without PR Card if I want to leave then I have to apply for a PR (Permanent Resident) traveling document, I have a friend/relatives who live in Canada and I am going to give their address to CIC to mail my PR Card and then my friend/relatives will mail my PR Card to my US address.

My question is can I leave Canada without PR Card?? or I have to wait until I get one?

Thanks,

ben24

Star Member
Oct 24, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-10-2009
Doc's Request.
11-01-2010
AOR Received.
13-08-2010
IELTS Request
WAIVED
File Transfer...
26-08-2010
Med's Request
19-09-2011
Med's Done....
25-09-2011
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
10-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
18-02-2012
LANDED..........
May 2012
I would really appreciate if someone replies to this query.

Thanks.

asyousuf

Champion Member
Jan 7, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
April 2011
Dear

There is no issue in leaving the country once u hv completed the landing formalities. Your friend or relative can mail u PR via official post but the best way off course is hand delivery for safety purposes only

There could be scenario in your absense that pictures may not be as per immigration standards and hence PRCs may get delayed and they may ask u to visit in person and re-submit pics. Though now a days, there is a procedure to send pics via mail through embassy support but kindly inquire it from local office before travelling

Only problem is you travelling back to Canada without PRC for which u need to apply special visa (based on your landing papers) which may take 30 days otherwise no problem.

Your landing formalities will be completed at the airport only with out any hassle inshallah. Do keep extra set of pics as per PPR letter for safety reasons only. SIN formality is also a matter of half an hour in service canada office.

I did same. Received PRCs after 45 days by hand through my friend.

Gud luk
asyousuf

ben24

Star Member
Oct 24, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-10-2009
Doc's Request.
11-01-2010
AOR Received.
13-08-2010
IELTS Request
WAIVED
File Transfer...
26-08-2010
Med's Request
19-09-2011
Med's Done....
25-09-2011
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
10-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
18-02-2012
LANDED..........
May 2012
Thank You very much!

I will keep extra set of pictures, also do I have to carry proof of funds cash or I can show my bank statement?

asyousuf

Champion Member
Jan 7, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
April 2011
ben24 said:
Thank You very much!

I will keep extra set of pictures, also do I have to carry proof of funds cash or I can show my bank statement?
Proof of funds better be in mix form that is Cash + DD or TC. It is also advised from experts to keep the ratio of 20:80 i.e. 20% cash and rest in DD or TC form. I recommend Cash and Travellers' cheque.

For Bank statements, if u r maintaining account with a Canadian Bank, that i believe can work with original stamps on it but do not suggest u to use this mode. Combination suggested in first para is ideal.

Make sure to declare cash exceeding CAD 10,000, as mentioned on the website. If below, no need.

gud luk
asyousuf

Thommo

Nov 20, 2010
Edmonton, Canada
ben24 said:
Hi Everyone,

I have got my Visas for PR now I live in US and I want to finish landing process, I was thinking to go to Canada for 2-3 days and come back after applying SIN, PR card etc they are saying that I cannot leave country without PR Card if I want to leave then I have to apply for a PR (Permanent Resident) traveling document, I have a friend/relatives who live in Canada and I am going to give their address to CIC to mail my PR Card and then my friend/relatives will mail my PR Card to my US address.

My question is can I leave Canada without PR Card?? or I have to wait until I get one?

Thanks,
PR card is required for re-entering Canada. Recent US bank statement would suffice as POF.

ANigerian

Mar 24, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ben24 said:
Hi Everyone,

Thanks,
I believe that if you are entering canada from the USA by land (not air travel), a PR card is not a must, your COPR is sufficient.

Read through the CIC guides and you will find this there!

Peace!!!