danhass

Sep 21, 2010
US
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
VISA ISSUED...
I'm planning to land in a couple days by road from US ... I'm only staying in Canada for 3 days and will return to US after that ... but I wanna have my PR Card application go through cz I don't wanna get into the hassle of applying for PRTD the next time I wanna come to Canada ...

I'm hoping the Immigration officer doesn't ask if I plan on returning and hence completes the PR Card application process (I'm going to give him/her my hotel name as address ... I don't have a friend's or relative's address) ... once I land I plan to get UPS box and update my address on my PR Card application online (or at an immigration service centre)

But if he/she refuses to accept PR card application, what I plan to do next is that after landing procedure I get a UPS box (address doesn't have 'POBox' or 'Box' in it) and submit the PR Card application to the nearest immigration service centre (I'm okay with paying $50 for that) ... is this possible?

is there any better option?

Regarding bank account, I called Scotiabank 3 times ... twice they said they will open an account for me with a US address, but the last person said no, I have to have a Canadian address ... I think I shouldn't use the UPS box option in that case ... or can I? ... (I wanna open a bank account cz I wanna start moving my money to Canada before I move there myself) ... any better option?