+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landing on a Work permit - End of Feb

muzmil

Feb 11, 2008
Hello Everyone, I got my WP and now i am gonna land by the end of feb - I would really appreciate if you can respond to my following queries

1- How much $$ should i carry along , both in Cash and travellers cheque- Will 1000$ in cash and 3000$ in travellers cheque would be good enough ? whats the minimum amount enough to be on safe side

2- Besides my original documents (academic, professional etc etc) what other documents are necessary.

3- My WP was approved on 19th Nov but due to holidays and stuff i am going now so is there any problem in this ? will they asking me any questions

And if anyone can share any important info regarding his/her landing experience on WP then please do post here.

Many Many Thanks...

Regards,
M.Hussain

Canada4life

Feb 25, 2008
Hi M Hussain,

Responses to your questions.

1. Why dont you get a cashier check drawn off a Canadian bank for your money to Canada? its a safer way of travel.

2. For extra documents you need an original copy of your employment Contract ot Job offer in Canada and all the necessary documents related to the new jon you are going to take up in Canada.

3. Do you have a temporary resident visa stamped in your passport? the work permit document is not enough, you need to have the Temporary resident visa stamped in your passport.

muzmil

Feb 11, 2008
Hi, what is this TRV ? i just got a W1 STICKER on my PASSPORT , can't i travel on this basis ?

please let me know

thanks

Muzammil