+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landing interviewed scheduled on the phone?

hchida

Star Member
Mar 17, 2017
Hi there,

I have a question about interview at local immigration office. Is it possible that CIC agent arranges landing interview over the phone? I have applied for my PR through CEC stream on November 5th. I got a request letter asking for my new passport as the old one was expiring. I sent that in in February. Today I got a phone call from a lady supposedly from CIC. She told me I have to go in for interview as all the documents are reviewed and it’s good to go. However I was expecting PPR, then CoPR, then landing interview but I have not got any of that. I was told PPR was skipped as I already sent in the new one in February and I’m from visa exempt country. She said she will send CoPR by mail. Is this possible? I looked up the phone number and nothing came up. But the phone number looks legit as it has her full name on it also has French automated message ask well. I got it booked for next Friday and she said she will send me CoPR and the details for the interview. She didn’t ask me any personal information or anything. Is this legitimate? I’m little worried.

rezafc

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-08-2014
Yes all the things that the officer mentioned is possible. And the call was legit. Although if you are super fussy about this, try to call CIC and confirm the situation. Just make sure you take a note of the agent's number over the phone and the time of the conversation. Just in case.

Other than that you're good to go. Nothing to worry about. And also landing interview is not a very formal interview really, it's just couple of questions to confirm your identity and security queries.

All the best and happy landing.

hchida

Star Member
Mar 17, 2017
Yes all the things that the officer mentioned is possible. And the call was legit. Although if you are super fussy about this, try to call CIC and confirm the situation. Just make sure you take a note of the agent's number over the phone and the time of the conversation. Just in case.

Other than that you're good to go. Nothing to worry about. And also landing interview is not a very formal interview really, it's just couple of questions to confirm your identity and security queries.

All the best and happy landing.
Thank you for your reply. I think the call was legitmate as you said. However I never got any detail after 2 days so I called her back and she told me, “ if I am doing interview with you, you will get an email. I was just being nice to you and asking for your availability since you live far away.” She totally changed the story and now telling me that she was “asking for my availability.” At this point, after waiting for almost a week and no PPR or CoPR or any email or update, I just think she made a mistake and called a wrong person and most likely the interview is not happening this Friday. She sounded so annoyed when I called her back after two days, and told me “this is a private number so please don’t call me again.” I am so frustrated and there is nothing I can do. I was just trying to be polite and pleasant as she is obviously the one dealing with my application. Anyway, thank you for your help, rezafc.

strikeharsh

Apr 6, 2018
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Thank you for your reply. I think the call was legitmate as you said. However I never got any detail after 2 days so I called her back and she told me, “ if I am doing interview with you, you will get an email. I was just being nice to you and asking for your availability since you live far away.” She totally changed the story and now telling me that she was “asking for my availability.” At this point, after waiting for almost a week and no PPR or CoPR or any email or update, I just think she made a mistake and called a wrong person and most likely the interview is not happening this Friday. She sounded so annoyed when I called her back after two days, and told me “this is a private number so please don’t call me again.” I am so frustrated and there is nothing I can do. I was just trying to be polite and pleasant as she is obviously the one dealing with my application. Anyway, thank you for your help, rezafc.
Just go to border and flagpole and get landing done: easy peasy

rezafc

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-08-2014
Not sure what's happening here man! Of course she will be annoyed if you call her back on that same number! I specifically asked you to call CIC not the same number on your phone! You gave it a very little buffer time too mate! Two days is very short and impatient. And yes she was being nice to you. So just hang in there, give it at least a month or so, and if you didn't hear anything back, call CIC and tell them the whole story. And then if you couldn't get any answer you can follow up with your local MP, search 'your city' + 'member of parliament' and find out who is your MP, book an appointment, get there and explain the whole situation, and let them talk on your behalf. They will resolve the problem in no time. Usually in couple of days.

All these being said, I'm sure she will get back to you very soon. Keep your eyes on your mail too! Just stay patient. Don't call her private number ever again. Stay patient.

All the best,

hchida

Star Member
Mar 17, 2017
Not sure what's happening here man! Of course she will be annoyed if you call her back on that same number! I specifically asked you to call CIC not the same number on your phone! You gave it a very little buffer time too mate! Two days is very short and impatient. And yes she was being nice to you. So just hang in there, give it at least a month or so, and if you didn't hear anything back, call CIC and tell them the whole story. And then if you couldn't get any answer you can follow up with your local MP, search 'your city' + 'member of parliament' and find out who is your MP, book an appointment, get there and explain the whole situation, and let them talk on your behalf. They will resolve the problem in no time. Usually in couple of days.

All these being said, I'm sure she will get back to you very soon. Keep your eyes on your mail too! Just stay patient. Don't call her private number ever again. Stay patient.

All the best,
Thanks. I didn’t think I was expected to wait for a month when she arranged the interview for this Friday only a week ago. And she never got back to me after. But the interview was scheduled for this Friday then. If I hadn’t called her back to confirm, I would have showed up on this Friday then. The thing is, she did not tell me on the first phone call that “she was just asking for my availability”. She changed the story so of course I was frustrated. But now I found out that the interview is not happening until I get a message, I know to wait. Before I didn’t do so because the interview was planned for Friday and that’s all I was told.

Reactions: newbutterfly

rezafc

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-08-2014
Thanks. I didn’t think I was expected to wait for a month when she arranged the interview for this Friday only a week ago. And she never got back to me after. But the interview was scheduled for this Friday then. If I hadn’t called her back to confirm, I would have showed up on this Friday then. The thing is, she did not tell me on the first phone call that “she was just asking for my availability”. She changed the story so of course I was frustrated. But now I found out that the interview is not happening until I get a message, I know to wait. Before I didn’t do so because the interview was planned for Friday and that’s all I was told.
I thought initially you had to wait for her confirmation call/email/mail for Friday. If you already knew where to go and what time to show up, you should have just relied on that information and gone to the interview. And only then if they said that they made a mistake, then you could have had the ball in your court.

I completely understand your frustration, 110%! I've been there and I know what you mean. But there is not much that you can do really! If you were about to do an interview on Friday and somehow they made a mistake on your file, and you found out about it on your own effort, just bit your tongue till you receive a letter or an email for confirmation to get the case resolved.

If you are super duper anxious and really at the boiling point right now, just go straight to your MP office and explain the whole situation. You can also file a complaint. They will take care of it for you.

One thing is for sure; that CIC is never reliable, and unless they communicate with you through mail/email (some sort of evidential format) you can not count on their words, that's why I mentioned next time you speak to an agent, take a note of their number and the time you spoke to them. They are overwhelmed with the amount of applications they receive on daily basis, and let's be honest, people working at CIC are not the brightest tools in the box either. So s**t happens! It was her mistake to call you in the first place, but you calling her back just didn't help either.

Regardless, you're there, just days away from landing. So stay positive and happy landing.

hchida

Star Member
Mar 17, 2017
I thought initially you had to wait for her confirmation call/email/mail for Friday. If you already knew where to go and what time to show up, you should have just relied on that information and gone to the interview. And only then if they said that they made a mistake, then you could have had the ball in your court.

I completely understand your frustration, 110%! I've been there and I know what you mean. But there is not much that you can do really! If you were about to do an interview on Friday and somehow they made a mistake on your file, and you found out about it on your own effort, just bit your tongue till you receive a letter or an email for confirmation to get the case resolved.

If you are super duper anxious and really at the boiling point right now, just go straight to your MP office and explain the whole situation. You can also file a complaint. They will take care of it for you.

One thing is for sure; that CIC is never reliable, and unless they communicate with you through mail/email (some sort of evidential format) you can not count on their words, that's why I mentioned next time you speak to an agent, take a note of their number and the time you spoke to them. They are overwhelmed with the amount of applications they receive on daily basis, and let's be honest, people working at CIC are not the brightest tools in the box either. So s**t happens! It was her mistake to call you in the first place, but you calling her back just didn't help either.

Regardless, you're there, just days away from landing. So stay positive and happy landing.
Thanks again for your reply. She told me the time, date, and place that was why I was so confused. But after I read what you wrote, I should have just gone to the interview.

I always thought that they were very careful of what they do and that mistakes barely happen but I guess that’s not true... I was overthinking because I didn’t hear from them for a while so her calling me was such a big deal for me.

My employer told me CIC called today to confirm my employment so hopefully I’m gonna hear from them soon.
Thank you for your replies, rezafc.

rezafc

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-08-2014
Thanks again for your reply. She told me the time, date, and place that was why I was so confused. But after I read what you wrote, I should have just gone to the interview.

I always thought that they were very careful of what they do and that mistakes barely happen but I guess that’s not true... I was overthinking because I didn’t hear from them for a while so her calling me was such a big deal for me.

My employer told me CIC called today to confirm my employment so hopefully I’m gonna hear from them soon.
Thank you for your replies, rezafc.
No problem mate, all the best. You'll get there soon.

Reactions: hchida