+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landing Interview - what to bring?

Jamesdavid3

May 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Could someone please tell me what is required for the landing process.

I know they send a letter on what to bring such as the COPR document, 2 passport pictures and your passport but is anything else needed??

I don't want to turn up to the interview with my girlfriend and then them ask us for bank statements or proof of addresses etc....when they didn't say that in the letter...

Please let me know

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Jamesdavid3 said:

I know they send a letter on what to bring such as the COPR document, 2 passport pictures and your passport but is anything else needed??

I don't want to turn up to the interview with my girlfriend and then them ask us for bank statements or proof of addresses etc....when they didn't say that in the letter...

Please let me know
COPR document will be provided at the landing interview.

Bring proof of shared address even if it's not on the list. If officer suspects you are not actually cohabiting they can ask for this before you are issued PR. If they ask and you don't have it you will need to run out and try to get it so will delay everything.

Jamesdavid3

May 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rob_TO said:
COPR document will be provided at the landing interview.

Bring proof of shared address even if it's not on the list. If officer suspects you are not actually cohabiting they can ask for this before you are issued PR. If they ask and you don't have it you will need to run out and try to get it so will delay everything.
Well I would imagine they would ask us for more proof as they are processing my application(which they have not), if they want anything then they should ask us there.

I am only going to being exactly what they tell me to bring to the interview, If they need my address I would tell the person that it was not required on the letter. Its not my fault they didn't ask me..

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There's a reason why it's called a landing appointment and interview.

Personally, I hope they do ask you for more proof...proof that you cannot provide because I'm convinced (as are a few other senior members here) that you're trying to pull a fast one, since you're likely no longer living with your sponsor and haven't been for a long time. This is one reason why you refer to what should be your common-law partner (and sponsor) as...your girlfriend?!

So, go ahead and give me [another] -1, because I really don't care. Give me as many -1's as you want, if it makes you feel better.

Reactions: Jjrr1616

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Jamesdavid3 said:
Well I would imagine they would ask us for more proof as they are processing my application(which they have not), if they want anything then they should ask us there.

I am only going to being exactly what they tell me to bring to the interview, If they need my address I would tell the person that it was not required on the letter. Its not my fault they didn't ask me..
The officer at your landing interview is not the visa officer that is processing your app. They have every right to ensure you are still complying with the conditions of your application at the time of your interview, and that nothing has changed.

To me it would seem the safest course is simply to bring something that shows a common address in case they ask, which should require practically no effort on your part. Better to be prepared and not need it. But you seem to want to make things more difficult then they need to be, so if they do ask for proof of cohabitation and you don't have it be prepared to be inconvenienced. They won't care how much you complain to them.

bigredmoose

Dec 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, AUS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-10-2014
AOR Received.
24-12-2014
File Transfer...
06-01-2015
Med's Done....
07-10-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
31/03/2015
VISA ISSUED...
27/04/2015 (COPR)
LANDED..........
08/07/2015
Let me understand what's going on here.

-JamesDavid asks if he should bring anything other than what's requested.
-Rob_TO tells him what to bring that's not requested so that JamesDavid can save time and avoid stress
-JamesDavid defiantly replies he will only bring what's requested

JamesDavid what are you playing at?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rob_TO said:
The officer at your landing interview is not the visa officer that is processing your app. They have every right to ensure you are still complying with the conditions of your application at the time of your interview, and that nothing has changed.

To me it would seem the safest course is simply to bring something that shows a common address in case they ask, which should require practically no effort on your part. Better to be prepared and not need it. But you seem to want to make things more difficult then they need to be, so if they do ask for proof of cohabitation and you don't have it be prepared to be inconvenienced. They won't care how much you complain to them.
That's exactly what a person that was excited about landing would bring. This person, however, is probably terrified that they'll discover the truth and would rather blame them for not telling him what to bring...which he doesn't have anyway (as mentioned in his other posts "I don't really have anything showing the same address"), so it's a moot point.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bigredmoose said:
Let me understand what's going on here.

-JamesDavid asks if he should bring anything other than what's requested.
-Rob_TO tells him what to bring that's not requested so that JamesDavid can save time and avoid stress
-JamesDavid defiantly replies he will only bring what's requested

JamesDavid what are you playing at?
You really need to know the posting history of this person. It doesn't take a rocket scientist (or even a person with an IQ slightly higher that Pi), to figure out the real story.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Oh...just wanted to also add that one thing you need to bring with you to the landing INTERVIEW...is your `girlfriend'.

The officer will ask your `girlfriend' if she still wants to sponsor you and if she understands that she will be financially responsible for you for the next 3 years.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Jamesdavid3 said:

Please let me know
Actually it is 2 PR photos. Not 2 passport photos. Two completely different photo size requirements.

Funny that you are still referring to your common-law as your "GIRLFRIEND". I would have thought she would be more than just a girlfriend by now. Plan on dumping her anytime soon?

Jamesdavid3

May 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What else would I call my girlfriend, you all are really a bunch of idiots sometimes..

I am not married to her yet and I am not engaged... What would you expect me call her??

Why are you treating me as if I'm something I am not.

If I need to provide the proof of address then yes I can easily do that, it will be a lot of trouble but its possible. I just wish that they would state this in the letter rather than having us turn up and not have it then be screwed over until the next appointment.

bigredmoose

Dec 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, AUS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-10-2014
AOR Received.
24-12-2014
File Transfer...
06-01-2015
Med's Done....
07-10-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
31/03/2015
VISA ISSUED...
27/04/2015 (COPR)
LANDED..........
08/07/2015
Jamesdavid3 said:
What else would I call my girlfriend, you all are really a bunch of idiots sometimes..

I am not married to her yet and I am not engaged... What would you expect me call her??

Why are you treating me as if I'm something I am not.

If I need to provide the proof of address then yes I can easily do that, it will be a lot of trouble but its possible. I just wish that they would state this in the letter rather than having us turn up and not have it then be screwed over until the next appointment.
This is a spousal application, is it not? There is no girlfriend/boyfriend sponsorship scheme in Canada, after all. Since you're not married and appear to be in Canada, I'll assume you've applied as a common-law couple. Therefore, she is your spouse, not your girlfriend. Calling her your girlfriend is an indicator that your relationship is not at the level of married partners which makes you inelegible for sponsorship.

Of course, we're all idiots and you know better than everyone, so there is that working for you.

Jamesdavid3

May 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bigredmoose said:
This is a spousal application, is it not? There is no girlfriend/boyfriend sponsorship scheme in Canada, after all. Since you're not married and appear to be in Canada, I'll assume you've applied as a common-law couple. Therefore, she is your spouse, not your girlfriend. Calling her your girlfriend is an indicator that your relationship is not at the level of married partners which makes you inelegible for sponsorship.

Of course, we're all idiots and you know better than everyone, so there is that working for you.
Well that is correct in some ways, but every single person I introduce her to its always my Girlfriend, not "My common law Spouse" that sounds stupid.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jamesdavid3 said:
If they ask you for something to establish proof that you really are still living together...and you don't have it...the officer can also deny your PR on the spot! They don't have to re-schedule another interview on a different day!

Why on earth would you not bring anything/everything that you can get your hands on to prove this, even though `the letter' didn't ask you for any of it? Oh that's right...because you `don't have much'.

Aren't you getting paid? Doesn't your electronic pay stub have your address on it? Does your PARTNER (not girlfriend) also have some proof of recent mail that was delivered her to the same address?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jamesdavid3 said:
Well that is correct in some ways, but every single person I introduce her to its always my Girlfriend, not "My common law Spouse" that sounds stupid.
Introduce her to the officer at the landing interview as your girlfriend. ;)