NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-11-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2015
Hi,

I am planning to complete my landing process on 25th Sept as my COPR is valid till NOV 7th only. I received my PR for FSW in May. I am planning to arrive in Toronto by air and leave immediately same day for India in evening .

I have some questions for landing.

1. Is it OK if I already have same day ticket for India from Toronto? Will it raise question? Will I risk being refused landing?

2. I have half of my POF in a bank in India and rest half in BOFA account in USA. I can get a scanned copy of indian bank statement but not the actual physical statement with me. Should it be OK ?

3. Regarding address, I dont have any friend in Toronto for giving address . I do have in Quebec though. Should I give address in Quebec even if I have FSW PR? or should I defer till 180 days?

4. I heard for some people, they send PR card to USA address too. My friend who lives in Buffalo, didnt have to report a canadian address. He received his PR card in Buffalo. How can I request them to send PR card to USA address? I heard its a 50-50 chance for getting a PR card sent to USA address.

Many thanks.

blackpearl

Star Member
Oct 5, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-11-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2015
Hey guys,

Please advise

Aragorn165

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Nomination.....
03-11-2015
AOR Received.
04-03-2016
Passport Req..
02-09-2016
blackpearl said:
Hi,

I am planning to complete my landing process on 25th Sept as my COPR is valid till NOV 7th only. I received my PR for FSW in May. I am planning to arrive in Toronto by air and leave immediately same day for India in evening .

I have some questions for landing.

1. Is it OK if I already have same day ticket for India from Toronto? Will it raise question? Will I risk being refused landing?

No, this is called a soft landing, and lots of people do it- the problem isn't with doing this, the problem is that when you land, they ask for an address to mail your PR card to, and that address can only be a Canadian address. Since you need a PR card to gain entry into the country again, short of getting a travel document made, you need to make arrangements with some friend or relative to have the card mailed to their address, and then to have them forward it to you.

2. I have half of my POF in a bank in India and rest half in BOFA account in USA. I can get a scanned copy of indian bank statement but not the actual physical statement with me. Should it be OK ?

You'll need to show physical documents, preferably stamped by the bank branch

3. Regarding address, I dont have any friend in Toronto for giving address . I do have in Quebec though. Should I give address in Quebec even if I have FSW PR? or should I defer till 180 days?

This one I don't know, but it is my understanding that EE applicants cannot give a Quebec address at landing (though once admitted into the country as a PR, you are free to change the address to a Quebec one if you want). I may be entirely wrong on this however.

4. I heard for some people, they send PR card to USA address too. My friend who lives in Buffalo, didnt have to report a canadian address. He received his PR card in Buffalo. How can I request them to send PR card to USA address? I heard its a 50-50 chance for getting a PR card sent to USA address.

Many thanks.

ggupta83

Jul 13, 2015
USA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
20-08-2016

As for your #4 point, I don't think they send PR cards to USA address. Immigration officer mistakenly took down my USA address and when I asked her if she can send cards to USA she did not say anything and asked for my canadian address.

dpr

Sep 8, 2015
Dear Aragorn and other senior members
am planning to land in toronto with my husband and 2 kids in November and planning to return to India in 1 week's time. My flight tickets are booked accordingly.

I hv a few questions, appreciate your answers and advise
1. since am only doing a soft landing, will there be any questions asked to me about my return dates? what should I answer if they ask if I hv come permanently or returning later? I do plan to give my friends address for PR card. I will be staying with them.
2. Goods to follow list- should I take one with me now even though I dont hv any plan of permanently coming to canada until summer 2017?
3. How do I show my proof of funds- am planning to carry only around 2000 cad with me for this short stay. How do I show rest of funds? can I show my updated Indian bank statement in Indian rupees showing the proof of funds? or should it be already shown in canadian dollars only?
4. for SIN, should I apply for my kids as well- they are both under 10 years
5. should I apply for ontario health card in the week Iam in toronto?

Look forward to your advice...

cheers

Aragorn165

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Nomination.....
03-11-2015
AOR Received.
04-03-2016
Passport Req..
02-09-2016
dpr said:
Dear Aragorn and other senior members
am planning to land in toronto with my husband and 2 kids in November and planning to return to India in 1 week's time. My flight tickets are booked accordingly.

I hv a few questions, appreciate your answers and advise
1. since am only doing a soft landing, will there be any questions asked to me about my return dates? what should I answer if they ask if I hv come permanently or returning later? I do plan to give my friends address for PR card. I will be staying with them.
This shouldn't come up.

2. Goods to follow list- should I take one with me now even though I dont hv any plan of permanently coming to canada until summer 2017?
Absolutely have a goods to follow list with you

3. How do I show my proof of funds- am planning to carry only around 2000 cad with me for this short stay. How do I show rest of funds? can I show my updated Indian bank statement in Indian rupees showing the proof of funds? or should it be already shown in canadian dollars only?
Updated bank statement will be fine

4. for SIN, should I apply for my kids as well- they are both under 10 years

5. should I apply for ontario health card in the week Iam in toronto?
It won't be much use, as Ontario healthcare needs 90 days of residence in the province before it kicks in

Look forward to your advice...

cheers

dpr

Sep 8, 2015
++++++++++
that was super quick
+1 and +1 for quick and prompt reply...
aragorn, can you answer my question on my kids SIN ...should I apply?

cheers

Aragorn165

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Nomination.....
03-11-2015
AOR Received.
04-03-2016
Passport Req..
02-09-2016
dpr said:
++++++++++
that was super quick

cheers
Yes, apply for SINs for them. Parents or legal guardians must apply for children under 12 years of age.

CADparity

Star Member
Sep 5, 2015
Does the POF for landing need to be stamped? I have statements from a U.S. bank and they don't come stamped or signed.

Scottygirl

Jan 19, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-12-2015
Doc's Request.
23-12-2015
AOR Received.
14-12-2015
Med's Done....
Upfront (passed Dec 15 2015)
Passport Req..
05-05-2016 (sent 06-05-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
12-05-2016
LANDED..........
15-07-2016
dpr said:
++++++++++
that was super quick

cheers
You can apply for them at the airport if you land at the right time - Service Canada office is open until 9pm.

Aragorn165

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Nomination.....
03-11-2015
AOR Received.
04-03-2016
Passport Req..
02-09-2016
CADparity said:
Does the POF for landing need to be stamped? I have statements from a U.S. bank and they don't come stamped or signed.
You can go to the branch and get them stamped. I got my statements for my US bank account stamped.