Aug 22, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Kuala lumpur
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Everyone,

My family and I are planning to go to Toronto in Sep 2010 to complete my landing procedure. After staying there for 15 days (applying for PR, SIN and Health Card etc.), I plan to come back to my current country of residence to wrap up things here so that I can move to Canada for good.

I wanted to know whether I can bring back the Funds that I had shown to the Immigration Officer upon landing.

I am planning to go back after 6 to 7 months to move there permanently and then I will take the funds again.

Can anyone tell me what potential issues I might face? Also, what to show in the accompanying goods list and goods to follow list (B4 Forms) related to these Proof of Funds?

Thanks
Nanji

yvetteyo

Jun 21, 2010
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2010
Doc's Request.
22-07-2010
File Transfer...
28-07-2010
Med's Request
01-03-2012
Med's Done....
16-03-2012
Passport Req..
25-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
08-05-2012
LANDED..........
22-05-2012
Hi Nanji,

I can't help you on the proof of funds but I can on the accompanying goods list.

My advice is to take a pad and clipboard around your house and list EVERYTHING, whether you are taking it or not. They can be very picky when they go through these lists so if there is anything they think should be on there and isn't they WILL question it, and you sure don't want that!!

I did it 3 days in a row and my husband and I drew up a spreadsheet with a list of everything and the quantities, remember to open drawers, cupboards etc. I'm not sure if you can use any of this to add to your Proof of Funds - I think the only material thing you can use to accrue funds is property - ie value $300,00, morgage, 100,000 - equity 200,000 - maybe get a professional valuation and get it certified if you are going to use this as part of your proof of funds.

We had no problems when we came through (unlike the family next to us unfortunately) and all the questions he asked were sensible queries to items on the list.

Hope that helps.

Yvette

Canadian4U

May 12, 2010
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yvetteyo said:
Hi Nanji,

I can't help you on the proof of funds but I can on the accompanying goods list.

My advice is to take a pad and clipboard around your house and list EVERYTHING, whether you are taking it or not. They can be very picky when they go through these lists so if there is anything they think should be on there and isn't they WILL question it, and you sure don't want that!!

I did it 3 days in a row and my husband and I drew up a spreadsheet with a list of everything and the quantities, remember to open drawers, cupboards etc. I'm not sure if you can use any of this to add to your Proof of Funds - I think the only material thing you can use to accrue funds is property - ie value $300,00, morgage, 100,000 - equity 200,000 - maybe get a professional valuation and get it certified if you are going to use this as part of your proof of funds.

We had no problems when we came through (unlike the family next to us unfortunately) and all the questions he asked were sensible queries to items on the list.

Hope that helps.

Yvette
Good idea to list down the things...

nanji

Star Member
Aug 22, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Kuala lumpur
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yvetteyo said:
Hi Nanji,

Hope that helps.

Yvette
Thanks Yvette for the explanation about the accompanying goods. It was very helpful.

Actually I wanted to ask whether the 16K+ CAD, which I am going to show as proof of funds at the POE, needs to be there in the Accompanying Goods list also or not? Since I am going there only for 2 weeks to complete my landing procedure, would I be able to bring the money back along with me when I return at the end of 2 weeks.

When I declare that money to the immigration officers upon exit at the Toronto airport, would he/she ask questions? Can my wife and I split the money so that each of us has less than 10K CAD and then there will be no need to declare?

Also, what will happen if I bring this money back to Canada after 7 months when I will be moving there permanently? Do I need to mention this money in my goods to follow list too?

shakira2009

Star Member
Aug 29, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
first Manila, now Tokyo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-10-2005
AOR Received.
06-11-2005
File Transfer...
10-10-2009
Med's Request
25-01-2010
Med's Done....
10-02-2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
25-01-2010
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2010
LANDED..........
10-09-2010
Hi Nanji,

I have a plan and questions that are quite similar to yours -landing in Sep. in Toronto for 15 days and then coming back to my country of residence. Perhaps we'll be in the same line at Pearson :)

It seems that things are getting a little stricter at the ports of landing, re: proof of funds. Some people say that bank statements are not accepted if they're not Canadian bank accounts, others say that showing statements from banks outside Canada did not lead to any issues... it's a matter of pure luck then?

nanji

Star Member
Aug 22, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Kuala lumpur
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am still awaiting answer on whether I can bring back the CAD funds (shown as POF) from Canada after landing there. When I move there permanently after 6 to 7 months of landing I will carry them back again. Any experiences in this regard? Would I be asked questions at the Canadian Immigration upon exiting and re-entering? Would they still be tax free when I bring them back after 6 to 7 months?

Vaniyanikki

Jul 15, 2010
India
Visa Office......
ND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
11-01-2010
VISA ISSUED...
26-03-2010
Dear Nanji,

In one of the postings of Qorax, I remember, he mentioned that it is not a problem to bring back the amount we have shown as POF. We can take it next time when we go to Canada. No problem in taking back the money. But for other things, I think, you have to mention in disembarkation form

Tonsils Hockey

Star Member
Jun 18, 2009
www.NotCanada.com
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
June 2010
nanji said:
I am still awaiting answer on whether I can bring back the CAD funds (shown as POF) from Canada after landing there. When I move there permanently after 6 to 7 months of landing I will carry them back again. Any experiences in this regard? Would I be asked questions at the Canadian Immigration upon exiting and re-entering? Would they still be tax free when I bring them back after 6 to 7 months?
I went to Calgary (for 1 week only) to land last month and only had my bank statement (from my home country) to prove that I do have funds, but the immigration officer didnt even look at my statement. I only had a few hundred Dollars cash on me and thats all. Not sure how much are you intending to take with you in cash but carrying too much cash is never a good idea.

me2land

Aug 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nanji said:
Once you land you can do whatever you want to do with your funds including taking them with you around the world. As for coming back with large sums of money ($10K+) they may ask for a source of the funds. At that point you should be prepared to give a satisfactory answer and may be some kind of proof.

¬m2l

laxmikanthms

Dec 31, 2009
Toronto,Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec-07-2009
Doc's Request.
Feb-02-2010
AOR Received.
June-14-2010
IELTS Request
Already Done
File Transfer...
Feb-10-2010
Med's Request
Nov-01-2010
Med's Done....
Dec-02-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Nov-01-2010
VISA ISSUED...
Jan-13-2011
LANDED..........
May-07-2010 (Before PR Approval on Workpermit)
I suggest you better stay for 45 days so that you can receive your PR card and SIN card. 15 days will not be enough.

nanji

Star Member
Aug 22, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Kuala lumpur
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
laxmikanthms said:
I suggest you better stay for 45 days so that you can receive your PR card and SIN card. 15 days will not be enough.
Hey Lax, Yup I know 15 days are not enough. But I can't stay there for more than 15 days as I am not quitting my current job. I do have a few relatives and friends in Toronto and they will send me the PR card via courier. I will give their address.

nanji

Star Member
Aug 22, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Kuala lumpur
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tonsils Hockey said:
I went to Calgary (for 1 week only) to land last month and only had my bank statement (from my home country) to prove that I do have funds, but the immigration officer didnt even look at my statement. I only had a few hundred Dollars cash on me and thats all. Not sure how much are you intending to take with you in cash but carrying too much cash is never a good idea.
Hi Tonsils, Can you tell me what did the immigration officer write in your profile in his system related to how much money you are carrying with you? I mean did he even ask you about POF and how much they are? Your answer is a bit comforting for my situation.