-
Passport Req..
20th July 16
VISA ISSUED...
02nd Aug 16
LANDED..........
End of September
Hi friends,

We are landing in September in SK...and had some questions regarding landing procedure...

1. We are planning to take some general medicines with us (cold, flu etc..) Do we require a prescription letter? Any specific format of this letter?

2. For goods to follow form, We do not have much idea what might we bring later.. Is it okay if we make a long list in goods to follow form and then never bring those items? What is the validity of the duration of this form?

3. We have some gifts with us(iphone 6, Mac laptop) from our relatives from USA.. and we do not have their bills.. Will there any be a problem at the time of landing?

4. My husband has his credentials assessed from WES..Do I need to assessed mine as well for doing any job in canada?

Please help. I know it's a long list!
Thanks.

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
1. if it's prescription medication, it's a good idea to keep a copy of the prescription or make sure there is a prescription label on the medication bottles. if it's over the counter, you shouldn't have any issue. if it's medicine not allowed in canada, i believe it will be confiscated at entry. immigration may or may not look too thoroughly through your things at the time of entry.
2. yes, that is perfectly acceptable. you don't have to bring all the items you list on a goods to follow form, it's better to list more than less so you don't get dinged with duty in the future. there is no expiry date for bringing the goods in.
3. yes, that's fine too. make sure they are listed on your goods declaration form at landing with serial numbers.
4. i'm not exactly sure about this, since it may depend on the stream you are immigrating on. generally, credentials need to be assessed for specific degrees/industries. you may find you'll need to get your english tested for some immigrant services too. all of this can be done in canada. bring everything you have with you.

BelenRam0S

Aug 24, 2016
Hey,

You should check out YMCA's Next Stop Canada it's a pre-arrival program and it really helpful. They have tons of information about all the topics possible and you can talk to someone through chat. Hope this helps you. nextstopcanada. ca

ektaahm

Jul 8, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03rd Nov 15
Nomination.....
03rd Dec 15
AOR Received.
21st Jan 16
IELTS Request
Submitted with file
Med's Request
Submitted with file
Med's Done....
23rd Jan 16
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
20th July 16
VISA ISSUED...
02nd Aug 16
LANDED..........
End of September
CDNPR2014 said:
1. if it's prescription medication, it's a good idea to keep a copy of the prescription or make sure there is a prescription label on the medication bottles. if it's over the counter, you shouldn't have any issue. if it's medicine not allowed in canada, i believe it will be confiscated at entry. immigration may or may not look too thoroughly through your things at the time of entry.
2. yes, that is perfectly acceptable. you don't have to bring all the items you list on a goods to follow form, it's better to list more than less so you don't get dinged with duty in the future. there is no expiry date for bringing the goods in.
3. yes, that's fine too. make sure they are listed on your goods declaration form at landing with serial numbers.
4. i'm not exactly sure about this, since it may depend on the stream you are immigrating on. generally, credentials need to be assessed for specific degrees/industries. you may find you'll need to get your english tested for some immigrant services too. all of this can be done in canada. bring everything you have with you.
Really thankful for ur detailed answers. +1.

ektaahm

Jul 8, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03rd Nov 15
Nomination.....
03rd Dec 15
AOR Received.
21st Jan 16
IELTS Request
Submitted with file
Med's Request
Submitted with file
Med's Done....
23rd Jan 16
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
20th July 16
VISA ISSUED...
02nd Aug 16
LANDED..........
End of September
BelenRam0S said:
Hey,

You should check out YMCA's Next Stop Canada it's a pre-arrival program and it really helpful. They have tons of information about all the topics possible and you can talk to someone through chat. Hope this helps you. nextstopcanada. ca
Thanks.