+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landing in Montreal

petrajo

May 28, 2010
Dear All

This is a massage to all users of this forum including specially to those living in Montreal/Quebec.

Am a Quebec selected immigrant, one person ONLY, and will be landing on 21/02/2011 in Montreal. I hope you can suggest something for me regarding the following.

- Am looking for a temporary accommodation in Montreal, say one-bed room flat, a hotel etc. Can you suggest something as safe and temporary accommodation with acceptable price?

- How much amount of money should I have and how much I must show at the airport during the process of landing? Do I need to pay tax in case I have more than 10000 Canadian dollars?

- What is the best area to stay in Montreal i.e. north, south or downtown....

- Any advice regarding health insurance!

Your advice and any information you can provide would be very much appreciated.

Thanks guys and ladies for your dedication and all your fine help!

Kanamen

Champion Member
Oct 20, 2010
CANADA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
petrajo said:
Dear All

This is a massage to all users of this forum including specially to those living in Montreal/Quebec.

Am a Quebec selected immigrant, one person ONLY, and will be landing on 21/02/2011 in Montreal. I hope you can suggest something for me regarding the following.

- Am looking for a temporary accommodation in Montreal, say one-bed room flat, a hotel etc. Can you suggest something as safe and temporary accommodation with acceptable price?

- How much amount of money should I have and how much I must show at the airport during the process of landing? Do I need to pay tax in case I have more than 10000 Canadian dollars?

- What is the best area to stay in Montreal i.e. north, south or downtown....

- Any advice regarding health insurance!

Your advice and any information you can provide would be very much appreciated.

Thanks guys and ladies for your dedication and all your fine help!

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/how-to-rent-apartment-in-montrealquebec-t61845.0.html;msg563572#msg563572

For health insurance please check thread by Sir.Qorax

Kanamen

Champion Member
Oct 20, 2010
CANADA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
petrajo said:
very much appreciated.

looking forward for all views!
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/a-master-thread-of-some-of-my-posts-here-t40175.0.html