+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

mok_kab

Star Member
Aug 2, 2013
Visa Office......
Singapore
AOR Received.
13-05-2017
Hello all. I am planning to do my landing next month in Toronto. I will be staying there for few weeks, come back to my home country and then go back to Canada permanently after few months. Now my question is, how much money I should bring to Canada, since I am not going to stay there for long. Do I need to show the entire amount of money that was required to show during my EE application? Or I can bring a lesser amount?
Need your urgent support in this regard. Thanks.

keepitsafe

Jun 30, 2017
Category........
FSW
Hello all. I am planning to do my landing next month in Toronto. I will be staying there for few weeks, come back to my home country and then go back to Canada permanently after few months. Now my question is, how much money I should bring to Canada, since I am not going to stay there for long. Do I need to show the entire amount of money that was required to show during my EE application? Or I can bring a lesser amount?
Need your urgent support in this regard. Thanks.
Hi mok_kab,

You need to show entire amount (i.e. Proof of Funds) to airport (immigration) authorities which you shown in EE application.
It can be in your home country ban statements. If you are soft landing for a month in toronto, I think 3K CAD is enough though it depends upon which part of Toronto you are plan to live and your itineraries. You don't need to bring entire amount.

Reactions: mok_kab

mok_kab

Star Member
Aug 2, 2013
Visa Office......
Singapore
AOR Received.
13-05-2017
Hi mok_kab,

You need to show entire amount (i.e. Proof of Funds) to airport (immigration) authorities which you shown in EE application.
It can be in your home country ban statements. If you are soft landing for a month in toronto, I think 3K CAD is enough though it depends upon which part of Toronto you are plan to live and your itineraries. You don't need to bring entire amount.
Thanks my friend!

msaleem216

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
london
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2007
Doc's Request.
10-03-2009
Med's Done....
11-03-2013
Passport Req..
05-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-11-2014
LANDED..........
3rd December,2014 INSHA ALLAH
if anyone need temporary family accomodation for feb-march contact me . close to airport and best location for beginners.
saleem

Binette

Star Member
Jul 9, 2014
United States
App. Filed.......
January 25th 2017
Nomination.....
13-02-2017
AOR Received.
01-02-2017
Med's Done....
14-02-2017
Passport Req..
11-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
9-11-2017
LANDED..........
Feb 8th 2018
if anyone need temporary family accomodation for feb-march contact me . close to airport and best location for beginners.
saleem
which city?

gh.alex

May 7, 2016
Hi
Please help me clarify: "Bringing more than 10000 CAD to Canada" -> this includes the funds required by EE application or just money (cash, bonds etc.) that I am physically carrying?
I will land with around 5000 CAD in Cash and I will have a POF (bank letter - account in home Country) with a much higher amount (funds required for EE 15k + additional savings) that I will later on transfer from the account in my Country to an account I will open in Canada after Landing.
Do I need to declare all? If yes, at what point, in the plane when filling the initial declaration?
Thank you very much

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi
Please help me clarify: "Bringing more than 10000 CAD to Canada" -> this includes the funds required by EE application or just money (cash, bonds etc.) that I am physically carrying?
I will land with around 5000 CAD in Cash and I will have a POF (bank letter - account in home Country) with a much higher amount (funds required for EE 15k + additional savings) that I will later on transfer from the account in my Country to an account I will open in Canada after Landing.
Do I need to declare all? If yes, at what point, in the plane when filling the initial declaration?
Thank you very much
You might not even have a form to fill in the plane. Probably at port of entry.

samra_

Star Member
Feb 3, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi
Thank you very much
Hi, I wanted to ask the same question. I am also planning to carry around 6-8K CAD for sof tlanding.
For rest of amount which is higher than the funds required are in my bank account.
Shall I get the bank statement issued before departure?
I forgot how much amount I had mentioned in my EE profile, does that matter ?

samra_

Star Member
Feb 3, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Regarding Accompanying luggage list, do i need to prepare the list of every small item carrying with us.

samra_

Star Member
Feb 3, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello friends,

I am getting ready to land in Canada soon. I am a bit confused about the settlers effect list. for this, i need to fill the form BSF-186, I do not have goods coming later so no need for the form BSF186A.

But I do not understand how to categorize the info as I am taking only personal stuff nothing special --- clothing items (all types i.e. jeans, t-shirts, pullovers, jackets etc.), toiletry kit, shoes etc which are packed in two different bags and cabin luggage that has a laptop and some documents.

1. Do I have to fill a separate form or prepare a separate list for each bag?
2. Can I group every type of clothing item packed in both bags combined in just one item clothes
or
I have to group them separately like jeans, pullovers, jackets etc. and for each bag separate combination

please help will be appreciated. thank you
I am planning to land in mid of dec, did anyone reply on this question ?

keepitsafe

Jun 30, 2017
Category........
FSW
Hi
Thank you very much
Hi Alex,
"Bringing more than 10000 CAD to Canada" -> This includes the funds required by EE application.
There two to carry it. 1. By cash (totally) which is not possible 2. By some cash (say 5K ) + bank wired transfer (or any other means which does not involve hard cash). It you are bringing more than CAD 10K at Port of entry then you need to declare it.
To answer your second question, you don't need to declare your amount in bank at the time of landing. Just you need to show sufficient amount (which you already shown while filling up EE application) as a proof of funds, It may be bank statements from your home country.

mok_kab

Star Member
Aug 2, 2013
Visa Office......
Singapore
AOR Received.
13-05-2017
So you are saying that I do not need to carry the entire amount shown in my EE application as cash? I can take some of it (a reasonable amount) as cash and show the rest of it in my bank letter?

babilon

Star Member
Feb 8, 2017
Hello,
I and my wife drove from the US (not citizens) to Canada and did our short landing in October. We are expecting our PR cards very soon. Our baby will be born in January in the US. Since my wife was pregnant at the time we did our short landing, we could not declare the baby stuff we would like bring with us when we will move for good in May.
So my questions:
1. How much should we expect to pay for customs fee for our baby's stuff? (car seat, crib, mattress, toys, etc)
2. Can we bring our own baby car seat? It is Britax brand and I know it is sold in Canada too but not sure if the seat has to be bought from a Canadian retailer or so. (Since we will drive from the US, we will have our baby in his car seat but are we required to buy a new one in Canada?)
I would also very much appreciate if you share your experiences about moving with the other baby products.
Thank you.

bibbs

Dec 7, 2017
Hi guys! Some great info here.

Myself, my wife and my two children are planning to land in February. We are thinking of landing and staying for a week or so before heading back to our home country to tie up loose ends.

We have a few questions:

No1 - COPR indicates British Columbia as our final destination however initially we were thinking of landing in Toronto (direct flights) and spending the week there before heading back. Is it absolutely necessary that we go straight to BC as per the COPR or will immigration allow us to be in ON for the period with no issue? Do we have to follow through with exactly what is written on that COPR?

No 2: We had an extended family member face an issue where they left the country while the PR was being processed and there was an issue with their photographs or something and Immigration wanted them to come back in to take it at the offices. We are concerned that if we leave the country before receiving the PR card that should anything go wrong we will be faced with more drama. It also states somewhere that in some cases PR cards may be required to be collected personally.

No 3: If we were indeed to be faced with any issue can we be granted Visitors Visas to fly back up to collect the PR cards personally?

Can anything provide some guidance on the above? Thanks!