+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

Sirenane

Star Member
Oct 29, 2015
Málaga, Spain
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2016
Doc's Request.
18-05-2016
AOR Received.
20-04-2016
Med's Request
04-08-2016
Med's Done....
19-08-2016
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
COPR - 30-09-2016
LANDED..........
16-12-2016
Re: LANDING Tomorrow, Need Help

Fairmont81 said:
Dear Community,

I need some help. I have been business travelling lately and could not prepare well for my landing. I am flying to Canada tomorrow night and need your help. I am only going for 3 weeks(We are family of four incl. 2 kids) and will be returning to Doha afterwards. Will plan a permanent move towards end of 2017.

Questions for urgent help pls:

1. I have CAD 5,000 with me, bank statements of two banks as well as 3 credit cards are available. Will I still face problem with proof of funds? or can I tell them I am only here for 3 weeks and will shift funds once completely moved? or should I prepare a draft etc for the remaining which will useless as I will not keep this money in Canada.

2. Apart from goods accompanying and goods to follow, do I need to fill any other forms, like landing card etc. in advance?

3. I am expecting to carry appx CAD $ 200K towards end of 2017 when I move permanently. As of now, I have proof of cad 110K only as cash. How can I ensure that the remaining $'s can be custom/tax free when I move it to CAD?

4. Some friends asked me to only apply for RP and Social Insurance while in Canada to avoid creating any ties to Canada which can make my foreign income taxable, is this approach correct?

5. I have a long list of goods to follow incl. imp. electronics, my car, some imp furniture and rugs and carpets etc. Do I need to approximate worth of all these items. What if I run out of space?

Appreciate quickest feedback on above questions as I am panicking a bit as 23 hours are left to my flight and I am not well prepared.

Thank you and regards
The only point I can give insight into is #5... you will need to approximate a price of goods at a price as if you were to sell them 2nd hand. Anything that is personal, pictures etc. put 0.00. And if you run out of space, either print off another sheet to attach or use a blank piece of paper and write out and follow the same scheme as the original form.
Here is a forum post link that I found very useful.
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/form-b4-goods-to-followaccompanying-list-how-to-t44793.0.html;msg324884#msg324884

Good luck!!

hoping_15

Star Member
Oct 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
SGVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/06/2014
Doc's Request.
26/02/2015
Nomination.....
23/10/2014
AOR Received.
28/11/2015
Med's Request
23/09/2015
Med's Done....
06/10/15
Passport Req..
19/10/2015
VISA ISSUED...
30/10/2015
LANDED..........
Dear experts,

Our visa was valid till 7th oct'16. We have landed on 8th april'16. But my spouse needed to go back to home country without PR card. And will have to be there for another 2 more months. My concern is, if he does not get PR card within this time, can he enter Canada with Travel document? Will they issue travel document? But his visa already expired. Please advise.
Thank you.

SOTAJ

Mar 29, 2013
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-Oct-2014
Nomination.....
15-Jan-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
10-Jul-2015
Med's Done....
24-Jul-2015
Interview........
N/A By His grace
Passport Req..
25-Feb-2016
VISA ISSUED...
18-Mar-2016
LANDED..........
02-May-2016
hoping_15 said:
Dear experts,

Our visa was valid till 7th oct'16. We have landed on 8th april'16. But my spouse needed to go back to home country without PR card. And will have to be there for another 2 more months. My concern is, if he does not get PR card within this time, can he enter Canada with Travel document? Will they issue travel document? But his visa already expired. Please advise.
Thank you.
He can only return with the PR Travel Document if he's returning without his PR card.

hoping_15

Star Member
Oct 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
SGVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/06/2014
Doc's Request.
26/02/2015
Nomination.....
23/10/2014
AOR Received.
28/11/2015
Med's Request
23/09/2015
Med's Done....
06/10/15
Passport Req..
19/10/2015
VISA ISSUED...
30/10/2015
LANDED..........
SOTAJ said:
He can only return with the PR Travel Document if he's returning without his PR card.
Thanks a lot. PR travel document, is this only for ppl like my spouse, who left Canada without PR card?

Thanks again.

SOTAJ

Mar 29, 2013
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-Oct-2014
Nomination.....
15-Jan-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
10-Jul-2015
Med's Done....
24-Jul-2015
Interview........
N/A By His grace
Passport Req..
25-Feb-2016
VISA ISSUED...
18-Mar-2016
LANDED..........
02-May-2016
hoping_15 said:
Thanks a lot. PR travel document, is this only for ppl like my spouse, who left Canada without PR card?

Thanks again.
Yes, it is for Permanent Residents that need to return to Canada but without the PR Card.

hoping_15

Star Member
Oct 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
SGVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/06/2014
Doc's Request.
26/02/2015
Nomination.....
23/10/2014
AOR Received.
28/11/2015
Med's Request
23/09/2015
Med's Done....
06/10/15
Passport Req..
19/10/2015
VISA ISSUED...
30/10/2015
LANDED..........
SOTAJ said:
Yes, it is for Permanent Residents that need to return to Canada but without the PR Card.
Many many thank you. God be with you.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Fairmont81 said:
Dear Community,

I need some help. I have been business travelling lately and could not prepare well for my landing. I am flying to Canada tomorrow night and need your help. I am only going for 3 weeks(We are family of four incl. 2 kids) and will be returning to Doha afterwards. Will plan a permanent move towards end of 2017.

Questions for urgent help pls:

1. I have CAD 5,000 with me, bank statements of two banks as well as 3 credit cards are available. Will I still face problem with proof of funds? or can I tell them I am only here for 3 weeks and will shift funds once completely moved? or should I prepare a draft etc for the remaining which will useless as I will not keep this money in Canada.

2. Apart from goods accompanying and goods to follow, do I need to fill any other forms, like landing card etc. in advance?

3. I am expecting to carry appx CAD $ 200K towards end of 2017 when I move permanently. As of now, I have proof of cad 110K only as cash. How can I ensure that the remaining $'s can be custom/tax free when I move it to CAD?

4. Some friends asked me to only apply for RP and Social Insurance while in Canada to avoid creating any ties to Canada which can make my foreign income taxable, is this approach correct?

5. I have a long list of goods to follow incl. imp. electronics, my car, some imp furniture and rugs and carpets etc. Do I need to approximate worth of all these items. What if I run out of space?

Appreciate quickest feedback on above questions as I am panicking a bit as 23 hours are left to my flight and I am not well prepared.

Thank you and regards
2) Yes, complete the declaration form you will receive from the plane
3) As of now, there are no taxes/duties. But if you carry more than $10,000, you must declare. If you want, you can bring it all to Canada at your first landing.
4) What's RP? If it's the PR card, then it would be mailed to a Canadian address you have provide and does not affect your tax status.
5) Add additional papers if you run out of space. FYI, you cannot import cars to Canada from Middle East. Just sell or keep them in your home country.

Fairmont81

Star Member
Feb 26, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29 September 2014
Nomination.....
Jan 05 2015
AOR Received.
Jan 09 2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with Docs
File Transfer...
Jan 09 2015

steaky said:
2) Yes, complete the declaration form you will receive from the plane
3) As of now, there are no taxes/duties. But if you carry more than $10,000, you must declare. If you want, you can bring it all to Canada at your first landing.
4) What's RP? If it's the PR card, then it would be mailed to a Canadian address you have provide and does not affect your tax status.
5) Add additional papers if you run out of space. FYI, you cannot import cars to Canada from Middle East. Just sell or keep them in your home country.
Thank you Steaky.

Do I need to carry photographs for PR application or do they do it at airport itself?

canada11

Feb 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
15-Sep-2015

Carry Pics

Fairmont81 said:
Thank you Steaky.

Do I need to carry photographs for PR application or do they do it at airport itself?

zezu

Star Member
Feb 8, 2016
Toronto
although many people have said you need to have POF at point of landing, the following page does not ask or make any mention of it (for people LIVING IN CANADA already)

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=748&top=22

i dont understand why they would expect you to have it on you or be prepared to show sufficient funds

Fairmont81

Star Member
Feb 26, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29 September 2014
Nomination.....
Jan 05 2015
AOR Received.
Jan 09 2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with Docs
File Transfer...
Jan 09 2015

canada11 said:
Carry Pics
Dear All, We landed last night. Family of four. Arriving from doha via istanbul. Below info may help newcomers:

1. Proof of Funds:
We only carried 5K $ in cash. The immigr officer just asked how much cashwe are carrying n i told him. He didnt asked for anything else...even though I told him we will transfer later he could'nt care less. So POF not a big issue as long as u have backup statement as aa backup.

2. Pictures:
Not required. The pictures on COPR will be used for RP processing. Out of two on the forms, he detached one and returned to me and kept 1. I just confirmed with him if sizes are o.k and he said yes they r fine.

3. Landing card: Though I filled online landing form E11 but the officer at first immig desk asked me tonfill.thebsame info on the card given in plane. So.i did the same and its o.k.

4. Goods Accompanying:
The customs just stamped goods accompanying form which is same as goods to follow form.

5. GOODS TO FOLLOW:
I had made all goods to follow in excel sheets under general headings and then a summary of all headings on one page with total value. This was supported by pics of jeweallary and car. Now 2 important learnings here. 1. Mattresses are not allowed soit was just cut from the text by customs lady. 2. She said most likely car will not meet specifications and has to be checked by a local authoroty for specs...yet she signed on the sheet saying it has to be checked. I may use this sheet to carry amount of car later claiming it didnt meet the specs so i soldnit and brought the money....

Rest the attitude and behaviour of all officers we came across was awesome, friendly and welcoming..

So all new comers relax, dont panic and travel safe....dont worry too much as its a very smooth process.

Happy landing.

Regards

ESUJ

Oct 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-12-2015
AOR Received.
19-02-2016
Med's Done....
01-12-2015
LANDED..........
15-11-2016
Hey guys,

do I need to bring photos for the landing/how many/which specifications?

I had submitted 8 photos with my application for permanent residency (family class sponsorship), aren't they going to use any of these?
I have 1 photo attached to my CoPR.

Cheers!

aybee

Nov 2, 2009
Chandigarh
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-October-2009
IELTS Request
overall - 8 (7 above in each)
LANDED..........
5-July-2010
I landed in 2010 so i do not remember, but you can read your previous post.

I case you do not get anyone else to reply to this,

Not sure how difficult it is to get photos, but if it is easy then i suggest you get a few for each family member and use the specifications that you used for application process.

Just to be on the safe side

Thanks,

kapilpr

Nov 3, 2016
Re: LANDING IN CANADA ??? - Returning before getting the PR Card

Hi everyone,

I got my COPR(FSW Outland without any provincial nomination) and planning to travel to Canada by first week of December to make the first entry. My concerns are the following.

1. I would like to know if I can return from Canada in two weeks before I get my PR card since I have some pending commitments with my current job at my home country. I would be able to permanently migrate only after a few months. Is it okay if I provide my friend's Canadian address to CIC to mail my PR card and later he will courier it to me?

2. Do I have to obtain any specific emergency travel documents from CIC to travel out of Canada without getting my PR card?

3. Can I arrive at a port different from what is mentioned in my COPR?

Thank you

canada11

Feb 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
15-Sep-2015
Re: LANDING IN CANADA ??? - Returning before getting the PR Card

Answer is YES for all your questions

kapilpr said:
Hi everyone,

I got my COPR(FSW Outland without any provincial nomination) and planning to travel to Canada by first week of December to make the first entry. My concerns are the following.

1. I would like to know if I can return from Canada in two weeks before I get my PR card since I have some pending commitments with my current job at my home country. I would be able to permanently migrate only after a few months. Is it okay if I provide my friend's Canadian address to CIC to mail my PR card and later he will courier it to me?

2. Do I have to obtain any specific emergency travel documents from CIC to travel out of Canada without getting my PR card?

3. Can I arrive at a port different from what is mentioned in my COPR?

Thank you