+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

SOTAJ

Mar 29, 2013
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-Oct-2014
Nomination.....
15-Jan-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
10-Jul-2015
Med's Done....
24-Jul-2015
Interview........
N/A By His grace
Passport Req..
25-Feb-2016
VISA ISSUED...
18-Mar-2016
LANDED..........
02-May-2016
harn said:
Hi Everyone,

I have a query regarding my COPR document. I have got my copr letter along with that of my husband's and daughter's ( 3 months old).

I am the principal applicant and in the last item of Copr " Have you any dependents other than mentioned below"

I see both my husband's and daughter's name which is absolutely correct..

But in my daughter's copr letter, my name along with UCI is mentioned below that line ( Have you any dependents other than mentioned below"), i want to know if this is how it should be ( as she is my dependent and i am not hers)

and in my husband's copr letter , it is also the same ( i.e my name below that line and not of my daughter's ).

Is it because i am the principal applicant.
There is no issue with your COPR. That's how they usually print it.

You are good to land without any problem :D

harn

Dec 10, 2015
Thanks a lot!!

There is another concern , actually earlier my application consisted of me and my husband only as my daughter was not born then, at that time we had got passport submission request and we both had got visas affixed.

Then after birth of my child, i informed cic to add my child to the application, so again my application was reopened and approved, and we had to submit our passports again along with my daughter's.

Now i see nEW visa have been affixed in my passport and the previous has been stamped " CANCELLED", But in my husband's passport though the new visa has been affixed, previous visa is also there.

The expiry date of both the visas are same , only start date is changed.

I know that new visa is valid as i have got copr letter corresponding to new visa, but he has two pr visas in his passport.

How to go about it.

Thanks

canada11

Feb 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
15-Sep-2015
Technically, it means he can enter twice

you need to contact canadian embassy.Perhaps they forgot to cancel

harn said:
Thanks a lot!!

There is another concern , actually earlier my application consisted of me and my husband only as my daughter was not born then, at that time we had got passport submission request and we both had got visas affixed.

Then after birth of my child, i informed cic to add my child to the application, so again my application was reopened and approved, and we had to submit our passports again along with my daughter's.

Now i see nEW visa have been affixed in my passport and the previous has been stamped " CANCELLED", But in my husband's passport though the new visa has been affixed, previous visa is also there.

I know that new visa is valid as i have got copr letter corresponding to new visa, but he has two pr visas in his passport.

How to go about it.

Thanks

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
harn said:
Thanks a lot!!

How to go about it.

Thanks
He cannot have 2 PR visa, both active at the same time. :D Please report this to the VO, perhaps they forgot to cancel the older visa.

mariyok

Star Member
Jan 24, 2013
Dear All

one of my relative applying for Permanent residence and average processing time for his PR VISA is mentioned 15 months. which mean he will get VISA on his passport in Nov 2017 and expiry date of his passport is Jan 2018 it mean if successful he has to fly within 2 months. It will be very difficult for him to prepare everything and land in Canada within 2 months. At present he can not apply for new passport as this passport s validity still remain more than one year and to apply for new passport its expire date should not be more than one year. Is there any way so that he get at least one year time to move in Canada after getting Visa.

harn

Dec 10, 2015
Thanks for your reply , yeah i have put up a mail to VO informing this.

I will be flying to Canada on 22nd september, so in case i don't get any response by then ,Is it ok for my husband to travel with two visas.

We will show the Immigration officer at airport his new copr letter and would let him know about the situation.

SOTAJ

Mar 29, 2013
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-Oct-2014
Nomination.....
15-Jan-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
10-Jul-2015
Med's Done....
24-Jul-2015
Interview........
N/A By His grace
Passport Req..
25-Feb-2016
VISA ISSUED...
18-Mar-2016
LANDED..........
02-May-2016
harn said:
Thanks for your reply , yeah i have put up a mail to VO informing this.

I will be flying to Canada on 22nd september, so in case i don't get any response by then ,Is it ok for my husband to travel with two visas.

We will show the Immigration officer at airport his new copr letter and would let him know about the situation.
I think you should be fine with the COPR even if you don't get any response from your visa office before you land. In any case, the immigrant visa will be cancelled as soon as you complete your landing formalities as it is only valid for single entry.

So, the immigration officer attending to you will just have to cancel the 2 visas on your husband's passport and activate your permanent residency.

Sjk2015

Oct 15, 2015
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05/06/2014
Doc's Request.
20/04/2015
AOR Received.
12/11/2014
File Transfer...
01/10/2014
Med's Request
22/09/2015
Med's Done....
13/10/2015
Passport Req..
04/11/2015
Hello all!

I will be making short landing for a month on September 27, 2016. Can anyone please share with me sample goods carryibg and goods to follow forms? Also, is there any tax exemption on the cash that you carry at the time of initial landing? What other tax benefit should I take advantage of?

Thanks for your help!

SJK

MFI_2014

Sep 18, 2014
mariyok said:
Dear All

one of my relative applying for Permanent residence and average processing time for his PR VISA is mentioned 15 months. which mean he will get VISA on his passport in Nov 2017 and expiry date of his passport is Jan 2018 it mean if successful he has to fly within 2 months. It will be very difficult for him to prepare everything and land in Canada within 2 months. At present he can not apply for new passport as this passport s validity still remain more than one year and to apply for new passport its expire date should not be more than one year. Is there any way so that he get at least one year time to move in Canada after getting Visa.
Hi,

I faced the same issue I submit the old passport with the application. And got my passport renewed before the medical request came than i informed CIC that the passport has been renewed and visa should be issued on the new passport.
My application submission date is 11 Aug 2014 and passport renewed on 25 Feb 2015.

adnan2014

Star Member
Sep 23, 2014
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear All,

I need help... My wife is six month pregnant and we just reveived COPR.... We are planning to land in mid of october in Toronto.... Will it be good decision? is there any health cover card will provide (Particulary for Maternity) ? If I inform CIC about pregnancy then will it be good decision... I think they will will hold our PPs till addition on new baby...

Kindly reply me in this regards,,,,,

AD

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
adnan2014 said:
Dear All,

I need help... My wife is six month pregnant and we just reveived COPR.... We are planning to land in mid of october in Toronto.... Will it be good decision? is there any health cover card will provide (Particulary for Maternity) ? If I inform CIC about pregnancy then will it be good decision... I think they will will hold our PPs till addition on new baby...

Kindly reply me in this regards,,,,,

AD
If you are landing in Ontario, then you will have to buy private health insurance. You have a minimum 3 month waiting period before you become eligible to apply for a health card. BC also has a waiting period if I am not wrong. Also from what I know, Alberta and PEI offer health care coverage from day 1. I am not sure about the other provinces.

Dagdoba

Star Member
Aug 5, 2015
Singapore
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
??????????????????
VISA ISSUED...
????????????????????????????????????
LANDED..........
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Hello Guys,

Any idea how to manage to enter Canada after ur return back to your native after claiming PR status at entry?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Dagdoba said:
Hello Guys,

Any idea how to manage to enter Canada after ur return back to your native after claiming PR status at entry?
If you have your PR card with you, you can just travel to Canada again. No issues. However, if you do NOT have a PR card, then you have to apply for a Permanent Resident Travel Document (PRTD) from the Canadian Embassy/High Commission in your country before you can travel to Canada.

nikjuneja

Jun 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-May-2013 CC Charged...: 1-Aug-2013 PER Received...: 12-Aug-2013
AOR Received.
23-10-2013 ECAS update...: 23-Feb-2014 (processing started on 21-Feb-2014)..
Med's Request
27-02-2014
Med's Done....
01-03-2014 PPT rcvd by NDVO: 04-03-2014 ECAS update : 09-03-2014(Medicals rcvd) DD encashed: 12-Mar-2014 Decision Made: 30-Mar-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Collected passports from VFS on 3-Apr-2014
LANDED..........
[color=green][b] 17th July 2014
Hello friends... .
I just logged in back on this forum after 2 years.... it was through this forum only that i was able to get entry to Canada and settle down..
Now i want to give back to this community by helping others..
do let me know if you need help .. can pm me for all queries which you have ..

~Nik

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
nikjuneja said:
Hello friends... .
I just logged in back on this forum after 2 years.... it was through this forum only that i was able to get entry to Canada and settle down..
Now i want to give back to this community by helping others..
do let me know if you need help .. can pm me for all queries which you have ..

~Nik
Wow! That's fantastic! Appreciate it! Welcome back! :)