+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
shana0123456789 said:
I need a bit help , do we have to show POF at landing , even if we have a offer letter of job?? I applied for job after getting a visa and got a job offer.
Yes, unless the job is confirmed by ServiceCanada letter

madhusanthosh

Star Member
Aug 14, 2015
I heard from a friend that it is always advisable to carry maximum fund at the first entry into Canada since the amount is totally tax free. Any amount which is later transferred to the Canadian Bank account is taxable. Is that the way it works in Canada?

Moe2010

Star Member
Feb 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2014
Doc's Request.
Feb 2015
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
Sep 2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
Feb 2015
Med's Done....
March 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
April 2015
Hello - has anyone exchanged his UAE driving license for a Canadian one in Ontario? I have a 10 years driving license. Is the license enough or do i need any additional supporting documentation? Is there any attestation required by the Canadian embassy in UAE?

rahul20978

Dec 16, 2014
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, changed to Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-12-2014
Doc's Request.
Copies of passport
AOR Received.
16-04-2015
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
28-05-2015
Med's Done....
12-08-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
08-10-2015
LANDED..........
planning in June 2016
madhusanthosh said:
I heard from a friend that it is always advisable to carry maximum fund at the first entry into Canada since the amount is totally tax free. Any amount which is later transferred to the Canadian Bank account is taxable. Is that the way it works in Canada?
Not entirely true. If you show income that has already been taxed, and is in your account in India, you can still transfer those funds within a year of landing, tax free. Any income you earn after landing (say from rentals, etc) will be taxed in Canada.

Moe2010

Star Member
Feb 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2014
Doc's Request.
Feb 2015
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
Sep 2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
Feb 2015
Med's Done....
March 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
April 2015
rahul20978 said:
Not entirely true. If you show income that has already been taxed, and is in your account in India, you can still transfer those funds within a year of landing, tax free. Any income you earn after landing (say from rentals, etc) will be taxed in Canada.
Just to clarify, after landing, you have 1 year to transfer any smount of money and it will be tax free. This is regardless of its source and whether it was taxed before or not. Any income generated once you started living in Canada, or any amount you transfer after the 1 year from landing, is taxable.

Is my understanding correct? I will also look it up in grc website today.

induscan

Star Member
Oct 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-07-2014
Nomination.....
PER: 06-11-2014
IELTS Request
Submitted with App
Med's Request
15-01-2015
Med's Done....
26-01-2015
Passport Req..
07-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
04-05-2015
LANDED..........
08-01-2016
Hello friends,

Finally completed my landing yesterday at Detroit border by driving.

Thanks a lot to everyone in this forum who clarified my questions from time to time on every step of the process.

Now, I have more questions to ask...

IO at the crossing gave a form to fax to CIC with residence address and proof of residence, once established home for living (by lease or purchase) to which the PR cards will be mailed. Refused to mail to a friends/relative address which is considered temporary.
Anyone in the forum who were in this situation?
As planned before, I thought of completing the landing procedures before expiry and move at a later time permanently, expecting PR card will be available and can work out the employment options by that time. But now it became little bit complicated.

Seniors, please advise.

Thanks in advance.

FSWON

Nov 20, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
SGVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14 May 2014
AOR Received.
19 Oct 2014
Med's Request
19 Oct 2015
Med's Done....
25 Oct 2015
Passport Req..
19 Nov 2015
VISA ISSUED...
21 Dec 2015
LANDED..........
11 June 2016
Looking for suggestion from experts:

I plan to do a short landing during summer this year to complete the initial PR procedures in sha allah. Afterwards, it might take at least 1 year or slightly more than a year to settle all things in my home and then move to Canada. So, during the short landing we will have only travel related basic stuff with us. And, we cannot account for the stuff that we would bring during the actual move after more than 1 year.

Based on the situation, how do I fill in the B4 forms?? .. As I remember, I have to declare what I am carrying right now and what would arrive later in the forms. In my case the first one carrying now is insignificant and the second one is barely known at this point of time.

Can anyone help please?!!

Regards

atzquebec

Aug 6, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
01-08-2015
Passport Req..
01-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
01-10-2015
LANDED..........
April 21 2016
induscan said:
Hello friends,

Finally completed my landing yesterday at Detroit border by driving.

Thanks a lot to everyone in this forum who clarified my questions from time to time on every step of the process.

Now, I have more questions to ask...

IO at the crossing gave a form to fax to CIC with residence address and proof of residence, once established home for living (by lease or purchase) to which the PR cards will be mailed. Refused to mail to a friends/relative address which is considered temporary.
Anyone in the forum who were in this situation?
As planned before, I thought of completing the landing procedures before expiry and move at a later time permanently, expecting PR card will be available and can work out the employment options by that time. But now it became little bit complicated.

Seniors, please advise.

Thanks in advance.
"Refused to mail to a friends/relative address which is considered temporary".

Can you elaborate on the above statement ? Did they refuse to accept the address of your friend/relative as the address to recieve PR cards ? Or you didnt want to give them your friends.. address ?

CanadaImmi2015

Star Member
Jan 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,

I'm landing in Late Feb/Early march this year and wanted to know the process for taking a drivers license in Canada(I have a valid drivers license in India). I noticed some discussion about taking a letter from RTO in India. Can someone help me understand the whole process

Thx in advance.

sss1

Apr 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-06-2014
Med's Request
28-01-2015
Med's Done....
11-03-2015
Passport Req..
05-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
19-11-2015
LANDED..........
21-12-2015
Re: LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Kn

manvar2318 said:
Hey , congrats on landing there...thanks for sharing your experience with us...just wanted to ask few questions, if u can advise...I will also be going in April to complete the immigration formalities...and will be returning back as will be going after 9-12 months ...will they deliver the PR card at the relative's place ? How much amount we need to carry and need to show at the airport as proof of funds ?
Yes, any Canadian address will do for them.
The only requirement regarding funds is to take some proof of funds such as bank statements, cash or traveller cheques, etc. as specified by CHC in their letter. Do make sure that you have proof for the complete amount based on the family members.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp

Do let me reiterate that they never asked for the proof of funds for me.

cv07

Nov 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23rd July, 2014
Nomination.....
27th Nov, 2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
Application started processing on 5th Feb, 2015
Med's Request
11th March, 2015
Med's Done....
20th March, 2015
Passport Req..
1st May, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
9th May, 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 31, 2016
Hello friends,

I got my Immigration Visa last May and we are planning to complete our landing by end of this month. My query is regarding Proof of funds. Although I have read multiple responses in this forum regarding this query. Many have said that we can show bank statement of our savings account on landing in Canada.
However, I wanted to be sure if a bank statement of my Indian bank account (where amount is obviously in INR) can be used as POF on landing in Canada? To be on safer side, I have got TCs and some CAD cash, but not for whole amount that is required to be shown.

Thanks in advance.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
cv07 said:
Hello friends,

I got my Immigration Visa last May and we are planning to complete our landing by end of this month. My query is regarding Proof of funds. Although I have read multiple responses in this forum regarding this query. Many have said that we can show bank statement of our savings account on landing in Canada.
However, I wanted to be sure if a bank statement of my Indian bank account (where amount is obviously in INR) can be used as POF on landing in Canada? To be on safer side, I have got TCs and some CAD cash, but not for whole amount that is required to be shown.

Thanks in advance.
You can carry your funds as a combination of cash, traveler's checks and some money in account.

I suggest you to open a Canadian Bank account before you leave for Canada. This is not available in all countries but check the below link out -

http://www.scotiabank.com/ca/en/0,,4302,00.html

cv07

Nov 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23rd July, 2014
Nomination.....
27th Nov, 2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
Application started processing on 5th Feb, 2015
Med's Request
11th March, 2015
Med's Done....
20th March, 2015
Passport Req..
1st May, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
9th May, 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 31, 2016
rajkamalmohanram said:
You can carry your funds as a combination of cash, traveler's checks and some money in account.

I suggest you to open a Canadian Bank account before you leave for Canada. This is not available in all countries but check the below link out -

http://www.scotiabank.com/ca/en/0,,4302,00.html
Thanks Raj. That means the bank statement should be of a Canadian bank account. Right?