+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
PCJ said:
Hello Friends,

My visa is valid till April 2016 and I am planning to do my first landing on March 2016.
I read starting frm 15March 2016 a PR card is must for entering Canada. Does that rule will be applicable to me?

Please clear my doubt.
Your can land anytime within the validity of your visa, you won't get a pr card unless you land. Where did you read that information?

remdhk

May 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-03-2014
AOR Received.
25-09-2014
IELTS Request
25-09-2014
Med's Request
12-11-2014
Passport Req..
28-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2015
LANDED..........
27-06-2015
Dear Brothers / Sisters

I have landed on 26th June this year and returned to Bangladesh after 1 month stay. My cousin (who's address I have given as permanent address) in toronto has received our (me and spouse) PR card but my daughter's PR card has not come yet.

Need your guidance where can I notify for this issue. Thanking you in advance

shahrukh1111

Dec 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-Aug-2014
Nomination.....
11-Dec-2014
Med's Request
06-July-2015 and SLU on 9-July-2015
Med's Done....
27-July-2015 and TLU on 5-August-2015 and DM 27-Aug-2015
Passport Req..
11-Sept-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-Sept-2015
Can I open my bank account before my landing ?

Fsasamir

Star Member
Mar 25, 2015
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Friends,

My visa is valid till 19.04.2016. I am planning to leave for Canada on 08.04.2016. Could you plz advise if there is any validity requirement for visa at the port of entry in Canada? Is that Ok to enter Canada 2-3weeks before visa expires?

Thanks in advance,

rajesh_verma_jsr

Nov 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2014
Doc's Request.
12-05-15 (updated schedule-A for spouse)
Nomination.....
27-11-2014
AOR Received.
NA
IELTS Request
Sent with the application
File Transfer...
ECAS updated: 24-01-2015, processing started: 21-01-2015
Med's Request
06-02-2015
Med's Done....
10-02-2015, Medicals Received: 17-02-2015
Interview........
NA (FBI Report reached NDVO: 30-03-2015)
Passport Req..
24-06-2015
Planning to do a short landing from NJ, US to Toronto. Could you all experienced folks help me please with your experience;

1. Which option is better in terms of less hassle; a) Drive and cross the border by Own car, b) Rental Car or C) Fly to Toronto.
2. Do I need to carry Cash/TC for the full CA 18,300 OR I can carry some USD and rest I can show in my banks statement.
3. Will return be a problem, I am on H1-B right now and plenty of time on my I-94.

Your kind help is required.

rhossain

Star Member
Oct 2, 2014
Dear Forum members,
I need suggestion regarding my domestic AirCanada flight booking Toronto to Halifax. I will land around 6:15 PM at Toronto Pearson International Airport. Next available flights will be at 8:55 PM and 11:55 PM. I have to complete landing formalities before domestic flight check in.

Experts please suggest which time slot is safe for me.

takhan

Sep 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore Visa Office. Now Manila since December 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
15-08-2014
File Transfer...
23-09-2014
Med's Request
Medical and RPRF request on 15th April 2015
Med's Done....
16th April 2015
Passport Req..
July 13, 2015.
VISA ISSUED...
24/07/2015
LANDED..........
Landed on September 30,2015. Rerceived PR card on December 10,2015.
rhossain said:
Dear Forum members,
I need suggestion regarding my domestic AirCanada flight booking Toronto to Halifax. I will land around 6:15 PM at Toronto Pearson International Airport. Next available flights will be at 8:55 PM and 11:55 PM. I have to complete landing formalities before domestic flight check in.

Experts please suggest which time slot is safe for me.
Take the 11:55 flight. At least one hour early reportin is required for the domestic flight and surely you won't be able to do that.Reporting to the immigration n den waiting in the que will take you almost one hour before you can get yourself to the domestic tunnel.

I missed my domestic flight to Manitoba at 6 pm when i landed and so had to take the next available flight which was around 10 pm.

msa22

Star Member
Sep 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Aug-2014
AOR Received.
19-Dec-2014
IELTS Request
/Photo requested: 05-Feb-2015
Med's Request
03-Jul-2015
Med's Done....
14-Jul-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
16-Oct-2015
VISA ISSUED...
PP submitted in ADVO: 19-Oct-2015, Received with visa: 28-Oct-2015
LANDED..........
28-Nov-15
Dear All,

Need kind guidance from the excellent forum members on my future plan.

I am working in UAE and have planned do short landing end of this month, move completely by May 2016. After staying a week in Canada I will fall back to UAE, my country of residence/work.

I would require to apply for parents supervisa for my mother who is also living with us in UAE as my father passed away. She has UAE residence visa under my sponsorship.

I understand for applying parents supervisa, I need to have specific income. Now since I am not completely moving to Canada until next May 2016, I want to apply for supervisa now, showing my current income derived in UAE. Therefore my mother can move with me to Canada. Though I will not be renting any apartment in Canada until I finally move, I can provide an address there for this purpose. Note, I will have COPR only (PR card will take time) and also fulfill the income requirement for family/parents supervisa.

My question is it do-able? As a PR, can I apply for my mother now using my current outside Canada income, in the embassy of UAE, my current country of residence?

Would be grateful for your kind guidance.

rhossain

Star Member
Oct 2, 2014
takhan said:
Take the 11:55 flight. At least one hour early reportin is required for the domestic flight and surely you won't be able to do that.Reporting to the immigration n den waiting in the que will take you almost one hour before you can get yourself to the domestic tunnel.

I missed my domestic flight to Manitoba at 6 pm when i landed and so had to take the next available flight which was around 10 pm.
Hi takhan,
Thanks for your suggestion. I will buy air Canada Tango package to fly Halifax. I need to pay around $28.25 CAD for each baggage of weight 23 KG during check in, and also 16 cad for seat selection.

Can I give cash payment instead of credit card transaction at Air Canada baggage check in counter?

Tango package does not offer free seat selection. I think air Canada will automatically give me a seat, If I do not give any seat selection choice during flight reservation.

Will it create any issue?

sabret00the

Star Member
Jun 25, 2014
Calgary
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CPC: Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Not relevant
App. Filed.......
12-Sep-2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
25-Nov-2014
AOR Received.
06-Jul-2015
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
31-Aug-2015
Med's Done....
23-Jan-2015 (TRV Meds have not yet expired)
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
21-Sep-2015
VISA ISSUED...
16-Sep-2015
LANDED..........
Dec 2015
Please help with you thoughts about this issue

We are faced with this strange scenario. My wife went to complete her Landing process on 28th October at the Halifax CIC Office. The Lady Officer had almost completed her Landing and she had also stamped her Passport. Then she asked about me. When she said that I had once visited Halifax and then returned back to India the Lady took the COPR back and then informed her that she will call my wife back next week. She said she needs to speak to NSOI. We are still waiting for the interview.

ECAS -> Permanent Residence Application Status -> Complete

You entered Canada at the Halifax office on October 28, 2015 and became a Permanent Resident.

Any idea what could be happening? Is it possible to Deport her now since the CIC Officer has already Cancelled the TRV & Immigrant Visas before putting the Landed Stamp on the Passport. Both my wife & I are very tensed.

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
msa22 said:
Dear All,

Need kind guidance from the excellent forum members on my future plan.

I am working in UAE and have planned do short landing end of this month, move completely by May 2016. After staying a week in Canada I will fall back to UAE, my country of residence/work.

I would require to apply for parents supervisa for my mother who is also living with us in UAE as my father passed away. She has UAE residence visa under my sponsorship.

I understand for applying parents supervisa, I need to have specific income. Now since I am not completely moving to Canada until next May 2016, I want to apply for supervisa now, showing my current income derived in UAE. Therefore my mother can move with me to Canada. Though I will not be renting any apartment in Canada until I finally move, I can provide an address there for this purpose. Note, I will have COPR only (PR card will take time) and also fulfill the income requirement for family/parents supervisa.

My question is it do-able? As a PR, can I apply for my mother now using my current outside Canada income, in the embassy of UAE, my current country of residence?

Would be grateful for your kind guidance.
I *think* you'll find you need to be resident in Canada before you can apply for the Supervisa for your mother. You should ask in the family section of the board, the members there will be able to advise you.

takhan

Sep 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
15-08-2014
File Transfer...
23-09-2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
16th April 2015
Passport Req..
July 13, 2015.
VISA ISSUED...
24/07/2015
LANDED..........
rhossain said:
Hi takhan,
Thanks for your suggestion. I will buy air Canada Tango package to fly Halifax. I need to pay around $28.25 CAD for each baggage of weight 23 KG during check in, and also 16 cad for seat selection.

Can I give cash payment instead of credit card transaction at Air Canada baggage check in counter?

Tango package does not offer free seat selection. I think air Canada will automatically give me a seat, If I do not give any seat selection choice during flight reservation.

Will it create any issue?

You can pay cash and when they ask you that if you have any choice for seat just say no. Westjet charge Cad 25 for each luggage. Try westjet.

takhan

Sep 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
15-08-2014
File Transfer...
23-09-2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
16th April 2015
Passport Req..
July 13, 2015.
VISA ISSUED...
24/07/2015
LANDED..........
Re: Please help with you thoughts about this issue

sabret00the said:
We are faced with this strange scenario. My wife went to complete her Landing process on 28th October at the Halifax CIC Office. The Lady Officer had almost completed her Landing and she had also stamped her Passport. Then she asked about me. When she said that I had once visited Halifax and then returned back to India the Lady took the COPR back and then informed her that she will call my wife back next week. She said she needs to speak to NSOI. We are still waiting for the interview.

You entered Canada at the Halifax office on October 28, 2015 and became a Permanent Resident.

Any idea what could be happening? Is it possible to Deport her now since the CIC Officer has already Cancelled the TRV & Immigrant Visas before putting the Landed Stamp on the Passport. Both my wife & I are very tensed.

Can you be more specific? Did your wife also landed with you before n gone back or wht? And why r u using Trv ? Where is her PR card?

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: Please help with you thoughts about this issue

sabret00the said:

Are you the principal applicant? Or is your wife the PA?