+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

amritsinghqa

Jan 7, 2010
Hi All,

can i take US dollars instead of CAD while landing for the first time...i m getting US $ at a very good price...

Please suggest

Amrit

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, you can. But don't bring too much cash in person. Some in TC is safe.

Re-Lax

Sep 16, 2010
Hi,

If anyone can share their ideas about our recent challenges. We are told that we will be denied entry if our children are not coming with us at our very first entry in CANADA as new comers. Is that true? Our plan is, to adopt/adjust to the new environment and as soon as we are adjusted only then that we will take our kids with us. We are looking at 6 months period

Really appreciate if anyone can share their experience or idea about this.

More power
RE-LAX

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re-Lax said:
If anyone can share their ideas about our recent challenges. We are told that we will be denied entry if our children are not coming with us at our very first entry in CANADA as new comers. Is that true? Our plan is, to adopt/adjust to the new environment and as soon as we are adjusted only then that we will take our kids with us. We are looking at 6 months period
The principal applicant must land first or at the same time as the others. If you chose to land first with your spouse and bring the children later, that is absolutely fine. You only have to make sure that they land before their PR visas expire.

godblessyou

Star Member
Aug 12, 2010
amritsinghqa said:
I am taking 20000 canadian dollars :)
how many persons are u accompanying

i am also trying to ask all my other friends that how many dollers are enough for initial survival considering all the aspects,,,considering that one does not get the good job for initial 2 months!!!

thank you

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
godblessyou said:

i am also trying to ask all my other friends that how many dollers are enough for initial survival considering all the aspects,,,considering that one does not get the good job for initial 2 months!!!

thank you
especially now under the new HST

amritsinghqa

Jan 7, 2010
godblessyou said:

thank you
Hi there,

I and my Wife only 2 persons are coming .. i am assuming 2000 CAD will be the living expenses per month....and also have to purchase a CAR for 4-5000.. i believe i could get a decent one... in that amount.......

Regards
Amrit

sujamana

Star Member
Feb 10, 2010
Qorax

Request your inputs on the below queries posted. Please send your comments. Thanks in advance

Dear Qorax

Request your inputs on the below query due to work commitments in India.

(1) I am planning to go in October for 1 week with my family to finish the Immigration formalities and as of now there is no Care taker address to forward the PR card, etc at Canada. I am working out on getting the address to receive the Pr Card
(2) I read in the forum, there is 180 days limit to update the forwarding address with Immigration authorities (after 'LANDING") through Phone - Please confirm is this TRUE (I could call them from India to update the address)
(3) If I still fail to get one forwarding address by this time frame, I read in CIC website / this forum, we can apply for Travel document in New Delhi to Land again (this time to settle in Canada)
(4) My query is how successful getting this Travel document in India and time frame for getting this done?

I would really appreciate your response.

thanks
Sujamana

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It would not work to update the address from India because the phone number does not work from India and they will not mail the PR card unless they believe you are in Canada. If you have no friends or relatives whose address you can use, you can arrange it at UPS to get an address there to get your card forwarded.

If you don't have a PR card at the time you want to return you can get a PR travel document. There shouldn't be any problems getting one since you are a new PR and can not have defaulted on the residency requirements yet.

Once you are in Canada again, you can update your address with CIC if you are still within 180 days of landing but if it has been more time, you will have to send in a PR card application and pay a $100 fee.

meena

Champion Member
Apr 20, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25th June'09
Doc's Request.
18th Sep'09
AOR Received.
22nd Jan'10
Med's Request
7th April
Med's Done....
1st May
Passport Req..
7th April'10
VISA ISSUED...
31st May'10
LANDED..........
Landed on 12th March'11
Hello Seniors,

Time to time I am reading all the posts regarding reaching in Canada and other important posts like Job Hunt, House Hunt etc.

I would reach there IA in Feb.

I wanted to know if we have to go IMCNR (Immigration Check Not Reqd) check on our Passports.

And what about the Degrees and Marksheets. Do we have to get attested them from Embassy.

Please guide.

mrdynamo

Star Member
Jul 9, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hai Qorax, :)

i was just sitting and trying to pen down about the 'PLAN' right from safe and smooth landing , applying for SIN,OHC,DL,getting accomodation,and to search for job........thare is alot of work,tension etc.i just want to ask you how one should 'PLAN OUT'all things in systemic manner so as to get results in shorter period of time(to those who already experiencedlandind,applied for various documents,found job etc..

Mrdynamo

sujamana

Star Member
Feb 10, 2010
Thanks Leon for the response.

Regarding UPS, I have called them from India, to find any Mail box rentals for few months to collect the mails on behalf of me and forward the same to India address. Infact, they are ready to do that, but when getting in to details, they were not not ready to use there address for Immigration mails (esp receiving the PR Card and other related correspondence) . Not sure why is it so. This UPS is close to SafeHomestay Hotel, thought of getting this address before hand to provide the same @ POE.

Probably, I will try with other UPS close to SafeHomestay tomorrow and see my luck works.

Regarding the apply for Travel Document, good inputs I will see the Procedure from CIC New Delhi and how to apply, once I comeback from Canada. Is there any time limit mentioned in the Travel Doc? Thanks!

Thanks / sujamana

"sujamana"

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Why would you even ask them if it's ok to use the address for immigration mails? You are buying a service, namely a secure mailing address. You can use it for anything you want. Their job is to receive your mail and hold it for you or forward it to you depending on your wishes. They can not dictate to you who you give the address to or who mails you at that address.

I do not know if a travel document is limited as to when you can go. You are only really supposed to use it to go back to Canada to get your PR card. You shouldn't apply for it a year early or anything like that. You should ask the embassy where you live how long it takes them to prepare one so you can apply for it in time before you want to go back.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
sujamana said:
Thanks Leon for the response.

Regarding UPS, I have called them from India, to find any Mail box rentals for few months to collect the mails on behalf of me and forward the same to India address. Infact, they are ready to do that, but when getting in to details, they were not not ready to use there address for Immigration mails (esp receiving the PR Card and other related correspondence) . Not sure why is it so. This UPS is close to SafeHomestay Hotel, thought of getting this address before hand to provide the same@POE.

Probably, I will try with other UPS close to SafeHomestay tomorrow and see my luck works.

Regarding the apply for Travel Document, good inputs I will see the Procedure from CIC New Delhi and how to apply, once I comeback from Canada. Is there any time limit mentioned in the Travel Doc? Thanks!

Thanks / sujamana

"sujamana"
And besides what Sr. Leon perfectly opined, why do u want to hire a UPS mailbox, if u r staying at SafeHomeStay? U can use their address instead - it's part of their Newcomers' Welcome Package.

Secondly, as I understand, a PRTD is a SJTD (Single Journey Travel Document) & is linked to your A/line Tkt date. Unless u plan to travel by road, in which case u do not require a PRTD in the first place.

Qorax