+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

Aug 6, 2010
Hi Seniors,

Please help, when I landed I did not declare how much money I will bring in Canada in 1 year because I am not sure when i will be back to Canada. I got out the country and back to India after 2 weeks. Would you please let me know how can I bring money to Canada without paying tax.

Thank you,

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
vancouverdream said:
Hi Seniors,

Please help, when I landed I did not declare how much money I will bring in Canada in 1 year because I am not sure when i will be back to Canada. I got out the country and back to India after 2 weeks. Would you please let me know how can I bring money to Canada without paying tax.

Thank you,
There's no need / way of declaring "future funds" to be brought in. It doesn't get taxed/levied as well. We r free to bring as much - as long as we desire, into Canada. There's no hassle/bar to that. The bank (receiving the funds) will automatically intimate FINTRAC, if the amount is over $10k. We don't require to do anything.

No Taxes... It's only the interest accrued on the funds (lying in a bank a/c) that'll attract tax (Capital Gains). Which u'll reflect in your next Annual Tax Return. Even that job will be done by your (any accountant, found a dozen around the road - usual charges: $10/per form) CA, while the time comes.

Qorax

godblessyou

Star Member
Aug 12, 2010
hello all

i ant to know that if anybody is going to canada to the first time,,,considering all the aspects,,,when can he or she visit to the native country without much problem,,,,

i am asking this coz i m 29 and i want to get married next year,,,can i come back within one year for getting married,,,,please advise me considering all the financial and other factors in mind,,,,or should i get the PR and the get engaged before going to canada and the come back after some time,,,i m really worried

godblessyou

Star Member
Aug 12, 2010
godblessyou said:
hello all

i ant to know that if anybody is going to canada to the first time,,,considering all the aspects,,,when can he or she visit to the native country without much problem,,,,

i am asking this coz i m 29 and i want to get married next year,,,can i come back within one year for getting married,,,,please advise me considering all the financial and other factors in mind,,,,or should i get the PR and the get engaged before going to canada and the come back after some time,,,i m really worried
some views please,,,

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
godblessyou said:
hello all

some views please,,,
U can take the "very next returning flight" to your homeland, after completion of your "record of landing". Which shouldn't take more than 2 hrs at max.

However, it'd be wise for u to land, settle down, complete all the formalities (SIN, PRC, HC, Bank A/c etc.), fetch a suitable job, organize proper housing, obtain a Canadian DL, get a hold of the land, make some family friends & then return for your impending wedding. Probably after 6-9 months. U do not want to put your 'new' bride/spouse into a sham situation, do u?

All the very best!

Qorax

godblessyou

Star Member
Aug 12, 2010
qorax said:
U can take the "very next returning flight" to your homeland, after completion of your "record of landing". Which shouldn't take more than 2 hrs at max.

However, it'd be wise for u to land, settle down, complete all the formalities (SIN, PRC, HC, Bank A/c etc.), fetch a suitable job, organize proper housing, obtain a Canadian DL, get a hold of the land, make some family friends & then return for your impending wedding. Probably after 6-9 months. U do not want to put your 'new' bride/spouse into a sham situation, do u?

All the very best!

Qorax
thanx buddy that was the reason i mentioned 1 year time

plz help me understand something more

i was trying to ask that once you land in canda after getting FSW1 and u complete all the formalities,,,is there a time barrier or some other rule that when can u apply for your spouse,,,like if i come back after one year and get married,,,when can i apply for her case?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There is no certain time limit. Technically, you could land as a PR, get married the next day and apply for sponsorship right away but if you did that, immigration would feel that you held back that you were already in a serious relationship and ask why you did not marry earlier and add your wife to your application. They may also want proof that you did not live with your wife before getting married and could not have been considered as common law. One year or a few months should be fine.

godblessyou

Star Member
Aug 12, 2010
Leon said:
There is no certain time limit. Technically, you could land as a PR, get married the next day and apply for sponsorship right away but if you did that, immigration would feel that you held back that you were already in a serious relationship and ask why you did not marry earlier and add your wife to your application. They may also want proof that you did not live with your wife before getting married and could not have been considered as common law. One year or a few months should be fine.
thanx

so there is no time limit,,,it is only upto me to make my case valid and strong enough?? is that so sir

Honolulu

Jan 14, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 25th 2009 ( at Sydney)
LANDED..........
December 29th
Dear Qorax,
Just a quick word of appreciation for taking so much care in ALL your responses.
Your bolding and color coding the replies are a great help in quickly locating the essential learning point for us.
God Bless in all your own endeavors!
Cheers!!

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Honolulu said:
Dear Quorax,
Just a quick word of appreciation for taking so much care in ALL your responses.
Your bolding and color coding the replies are a great help in quickly locating the essential learning point for us.
God Bless in all your own endeavors!
Cheers!!
Thanx Sir! Appreciated...
Qorax

amritsinghqa

Jan 7, 2010
Hi All,

i am planning to land in Toronto on 9th OCT . Got my tickets done . Filled up the PR card form and B4 Forms. All set from my Side .. any piece of advice from u seniors...

I am taking 20000 cash with me.. just worried a bit as so much of cash is good thing to carry....should i for the travelers cheque or cash will be safe enough...

All suggestion and advice will be appreciated...

Regards
Amrit

sujamana

Star Member
Feb 10, 2010
Dear Qorax

Request your inputs on the below query due to work commitments in India.

(1) I am planning to go in October for 1 week with my family to finish the Immigration formalities and as of now there is no Care taker address to forward the PR card, etc at Canada. I am working out on getting the address to receive the Pr Card
(2) I read in the forum, there is 180 days limit to update the forwarding address with Immigration authorities (after 'LANDING") through Phone - Please confirm is this TRUE (I could call them from India to update the address)
(3) If I still fail to get one forwarding address by this time frame, I read in CIC website / this forum, we can apply for Travel document in New Delhi to Land again (this time to settle in Canada)
(4) My query is how successful getting this Travel document in India and time frame for getting this done?

I would really appreciate your response.

thanks
Sujamana

godblessyou

Star Member
Aug 12, 2010
amritsinghqa said:
Hi All,

i am planning to land in Toronto on 9th OCT . Got my tickets done . Filled up the PR card form and B4 Forms. All set from my Side .. any piece of advice from u seniors...

I am taking 20000 cash with me.. just worried a bit as so much of cash is good thing to carry....should i for the travelers cheque or cash will be safe enough...

All suggestion and advice will be appreciated...

Regards
Amrit
are u taking 20,000 canadian dollers or indian rupees????

meena

Champion Member
Apr 20, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25th June'09
Doc's Request.
18th Sep'09
AOR Received.
22nd Jan'10
Med's Request
7th April
Med's Done....
1st May
Passport Req..
7th April'10
VISA ISSUED...
31st May'10
LANDED..........
Landed on 12th March'11
Hello Seniors,

Time to time I am reading all the posts regarding reaching in Canada and other important posts like Job Hunt, House Hunt etc.

I would reach there IA in Feb.

I wanted to know if we have to go IMCNR (Immigration Check Not Reqd) check on our Passports.

And what about the Degrees and Marksheets. Do we have to get attested them from Embassy.

Please guide.