+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

Mogali

Oct 14, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,
We intend to complete landing procedure in august and return back to US, where we are currently living.

May i know, once we complete the landing procedure and show proof of funds etc., when we reenter canada at later date, do we need to still show proof of funds.

Kindly advise.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Mogali said:
Hello,
We intend to complete landing procedure in august and return back to US, where we are currently living.

May i know, once we complete the landing procedure and show proof of funds etc., when we reenter canada at later date, do we need to still show proof of funds.

Kindly advise.
No. During the 2nd entry into Canada, u'll not be asked anything except the form B4 if u r bringing-in any goods (of value).

tmo

May 25, 2010
Hi Qorax,

We have done our landing and it was as smooth as you have explained... I would like to thank you so much for your help and support, it was very useful indeed.

Now we have returned to our country till we find a job in Canada later; and I have a question about the Taxes:

I understood that as long as I do not work in Canada and as I do not have any income from Canada, I do not have to pay any taxes, however I have to send my tax sheets (or documents) on March of every year, with proof that I have no claims to do.
Please correct me if I am I wrong, and advise where to find the necessary forms to fill for the tax claims. Do I need to have a tax advisor to do it for me, or is it a simple process.

Appreciate your real support and help.

Best regards

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
tmo said:
Hi Qorax,

We have done our landing and it was as smooth as you have explained... I would like to thank you so much for your help and support, it was very useful indeed.

Now we have returned to our country till we find a job in Canada later; and I have a question about the Taxes:

I understood that as long as I do not work in Canada and as I do not have any income from Canada, I do not have to pay any taxes, however I have to send my tax sheets (or documents) on March of every year, with proof that I have no claims to do.
Please correct me if I am I wrong, and advise where to find the necessary forms to fill for the tax claims. Do I need to have a tax advisor to do it for me, or is it a simple process.

Appreciate your real support and help.

Best regards
Simple answer:
A. If u do not have residential ties to Canada, u don't pay taxes.
B. Though it is possible to file our tax returns ourselves, but obtaining a CA's help is advisable. Moreso, when they cost only $20-25 per filing.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I don't think you have to file taxes in Canada if you are not living in Canada. You can be a permanent resident of Canada (PR) without being resident in Canada for tax purposes. A PR only has to stay in Canada 2 out of 5 years to keep PR but being resident for tax purposes means you are staying in Canada 6 months a year or more or you have assets or income in Canada.

If you do want to file taxes, you can use a website such as ufile.ca If you have no income, you file for free.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Leon said:
I don't think you have to file taxes in Canada if you are not living in Canada. You can be a permanent resident of Canada (PR) without being resident in Canada for tax purposes. A PR only has to stay in Canada 2 out of 5 years to keep PR but being resident for tax purposes means you are staying in Canada 6 months a year or more or you have assets or income in Canada.

If you do want to file taxes, you can use a website such as ufile.ca If you have no income, you file for free.
Not quite.

A non-resident for tax purposes have to file their tax returns on their income-generating properties in Canada. Also, tax residents are taxable for their world-wide income (not only from Canadian sources).

For more info, you can check this website:

http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/tx/nnrsdnts/cmmn/rsdncy-eng.html

You can also check my previous discussion about non resident v resident for tax purposes:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t40985.0.html

Pasi

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2009
Toronto
Hi Qorax, I am new to this posting. I have got visa and I have booked tickets to land in Toronto on Aug 13 (Friday night). Please let me know what I need to know before landing. I have planned to stay in my relative's place for that weekend and visit the SIN office on monday morning. I would be returning to US on Monday night.

Also let me know if I need to do anything other than SIN while I am in Canada. My position is that I am going to be in Canada only to complete the landing procedure. I would come back to US and continue my work here and planning to move to Canada in the beginning of next year. Please advice.

Jul 19, 2010
codec windows media player download

Find codec download? Codec Windows Media have audio codec, avi codec, video codec, xvid codec, media player codec and mp4 codec pack to downloads.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pasi said:
Hi Qorax, I am new to this posting. I have got visa and I have booked tickets to land in Toronto on Aug 13 (Friday night). Please let me know what I need to know before landing. I have planned to stay in my relative's place for that weekend and visit the SIN office on monday morning. I would be returning to US on Monday night.

Also let me know if I need to do anything other than SIN while I am in Canada. My position is that I am going to be in Canada only to complete the landing procedure. I would come back to US and continue my work here and planning to move to Canada in the beginning of next year. Please advice.
Since you would be returning to US shortly after landing, you don't need to get the SIN now. You can get it later when you are prepare to live in Canada for good.

maverick_stallion

Feb 18, 2010
Dear Qorax,

After getting the COPR can we check the status of the same on the cic.gc.ca site before you land...can you pl guide...

currently as per the below link i have no doxs starting with W and followed by nine digits. https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/authenticate.do?app=ecas#

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
maverick_stallion said:
Dear Qorax,

After getting the COPR can we check the status of the same on the cic.gc.ca site before you land...can you pl guide...

currently as per the below link i have no doxs starting with W and followed by nine digits. https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/authenticate.do?app=ecas#
But why do u want to check that, if I may ask?