+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
smirky said:
My question is:
1. If I fly to Seattle and my husband pick me up there and we drive to Vancouver (showing landing docs: passport+COPR), will they allow us enter Vancouver with extensive luggage, say 2-3 big bags? will this causing any trouble?
2. If I apply travel document, what should I fill in the residency obligation part? I am a bit confused about this part.
Another option is if you have a visa exempted passport so you can get a direct flight to Canada

Raj chandigarh

Jul 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
sep 2010
AOR Received.
jan 2011
IELTS Request
with application
File Transfer...
jan 11
Med's Request
june 2012
Med's Done....
20 June ecas line appeared on 12/july
Interview........
hope not
Passport Req..
june 2012
VISA ISSUED...
DM on 31/8/12 visa issued on 28th aug 2012
qorax said:
That 'resubmission of photos' is something that I opine, based on my observation for a longtime, that occurs mostly when the applicant or his her family isn't residing here. However, a good thing that happened lately is that they r now accepting the photos (if asked again) by post as well.

For our PR cards, they use the same pics as pasted on ur COPR. U don;t require to submit afresh unless the BSO handling ur case at the POE desires so. And we cannot send the pics by ourselves anytime to CPC. Ur plan to staying put here for a yr should be fine.

Qorax
Thanks Qorax

It means u r suggesting if I receive any quarry regarding Photo submission then i can send the photo of all family members by post from canada itself regardless of the fact that my other family members have returned back.

Thanks

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Raj chandigarh said:
Thanks Qorax

It means u r suggesting if I receive any quarry regarding Photo submission then i can send the photo of all family members by post from canada itself regardless of the fact that my other family members have returned back.

Thanks
Yes, that's the current situation with CIC.

brighta

Jul 24, 2012
Dear all.

We are planning to land in Calgary in April

Will it be a problem if our cargo arrives in Canada before us?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
brighta said:
Dear all.

We are planning to land in Calgary in April

Will it be a problem if our cargo arrives in Canada before us?
Should ask the shipping company / airline directly. Before you can collect the cargo, you need to clear the customs at airport / local office anyways.

muscattocanada

Star Member
May 14, 2011
muscat
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
Mar 2010
AOR Received.
APR 2010... 2nd AOR Aug 2010
File Transfer...
july 2010
Med's Request
15th Feb 2012
Med's Done....
5th may 2012
Interview........
wavied
Passport Req..
Dec 18th 2012
VISA ISSUED...
feb 23rd 2013
I have a question regarding maintaining PR status .

Does a PR who exited after primary entry need to enter every 8 or 6 months to maintain his PR status .
I have heard of the rule of maintaining 2 years out of 5 yrs

Let me tell my case

I plan to land nxt month , stay for 3 weeks and exit .
Then by the end of this year plan to go alone and stay for gud ..
After 2 years planing to bring my wife along ...
will my wife have any problem during entry after 2 yrs ..
does she have to enter every 8 months or 6 months ...
is there any rule related .....

advise is highly appreciated

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
muscattocanada said:
I have a question regarding maintaining PR status .

Does a PR who exited after primary entry need to enter every 8 or 6 months to maintain his PR status .
I have heard of the rule of maintaining 2 years out of 5 yrs

Let me tell my case

I plan to land nxt month , stay for 3 weeks and exit .
Then by the end of this year plan to go alone and stay for gud ..
After 2 years planing to bring my wife along ...
will my wife have any problem during entry after 2 yrs ..
does she have to enter every 8 months or 6 months ...
is there any rule related .....

advise is highly appreciated
No, there is no 6 or 8 months rule. Just that you have to stay in Canada a total of 730 days or more in any 5 yr. period after getting your PR and if they ask, you have to prove it so make sure you keep a log of all your trips, keep boarding cards from your flights, keep your old expired passports and other paperwork that will help.

kkd123

Jun 26, 2012
Hello Forum Members,
I'll be returning from Canada after a week from my landing. So while returning I'll have only the COPR Doc and the Indian Passport with me. Plz help me with the following doubts...

1) My Flight itinery is like this ... Onward journey : New Delhi --> London Heathrow --> Toronto
Return journey : Toronto --> London Heathrow --> New Delhi
Do I need a Transit Visa in London even though I won't be going out of the Airport? I am Indian. I checked their website for Transit Visa exempt Rules it says people from the listed countries need Transit Visa. India is in that list. Plz suggest whether at all Transit Visa is required in my case?

2) Should I apply for SIN after my landing or should I apply when I arrive Toronto to settle down later?
3) Should I apply for OHIP after my landing or should I apply when I arrive Toronto to settle down later?
Note- I have my old expired OHIP and SIN with me.

muscattocanada

Star Member
May 14, 2011
muscat
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
Mar 2010
AOR Received.
APR 2010... 2nd AOR Aug 2010
File Transfer...
july 2010
Med's Request
15th Feb 2012
Med's Done....
5th may 2012
Interview........
wavied
Passport Req..
Dec 18th 2012
VISA ISSUED...
feb 23rd 2013
Hello Forum Members,
I'll be returning from Canada after a week from my landing. So while returning I'll have only the COPR Doc and the Indian Passport with me. Plz help me with the following doubts...

1) My Flight itinery is like this ... Onward journey : New Delhi --> London Heathrow --> Toronto
Do I need a Transit Visa in London even though I won't be going out of the Airport?

I have the same question ... plz some one help

brighta

Jul 24, 2012
steaky said:
Should ask the shipping company / airline directly. Before you can collect the cargo, you need to clear the customs at airport / local office anyways.
Thank you steaky

The shipping company asked me to provide destination address and I a gave a friend's address(who is residing in Calgary). My question is in case the cargo arrives in Calgary before our landing date will there be a problem?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kkd123 said:
Do I need a Transit Visa in London even though I won't be going out of the Airport? I am Indian. I checked their website for Transit Visa exempt Rules it says people from the listed countries need Transit Visa. India is in that list. Plz suggest whether at all Transit Visa is required in my case?

2) Should I apply for SIN after my landing or should I apply when I arrive Toronto to settle down later?
3) Should I apply for OHIP after my landing or should I apply when I arrive Toronto to settle down later?
1) You have already answered yourself.

2) Doesn't matter.

3) There is a 3 month wait for OHIP and you are only eligible if you stay in ON at least 5 out of the first 6 months after you establish residency and after that 6 months in every 12. If you are leaving right away, you are therefore not eligible.

vkkpnm

Mar 16, 2013
Hi Qorax,

Thanks for the excellent post. A have to go there for a day or two to complete PR formalities and come back to USA.

Wondering can I show stocks statement apart from bank statement as a proof of funds? I have some amount holding in stocks but don't want to sell it now. Can I include stock holding in proof of funds?

Appreciate your quick response.

mail2bista

Star Member
Mar 17, 2013
toronto
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16 Sept'014
AOR Received.
16 Nov'014 (new delhi)
File Transfer...
3 Nov'014
Med's Done....
15 Aug'014
Passport Req..
30 April 2015
VISA ISSUED...
soon
LANDED..........
soon
Hello Qorax,

I recently got COPR (single) from LVO and now I am planning to go back to my home country and get married before landing to canada. In this case do I need to inform LVO and add wife application? or I will marry but won't notify LVO and I go to canada alone and after few months I will sponsor my wife, is it possible? I have waited around 30 months to get this COPR and I don't know another how many months I have to wait if I add wife application.

And I have thought another option as well. As early as possible I land in canada (as a single) and get the all documentations done and then I will return to my home country and get married then apply for my spouse..But I am afraid because of new sponsorship rules and I am not sure how does it apply in my case. So after getting my COPR as single, I am in great confusion what to do n what not to? As you are a pioneer in this field, can you please show me the right way and give proper guidance.

Hoping to receive your response soon. Thank you.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mail2bista said:
Hello Qorax,

I recently got COPR (single) from LVO and now I am planning to go back to my home country and get married before landing to canada. In this case do I need to inform LVO and add wife application? or I will marry but won't notify LVO and I go to canada alone and after few months I will sponsor my wife, is it possible? I have waited around 30 months to get this COPR and I don't know another how many months I have to wait if I add wife application.

And I have thought another option as well. As early as possible I land in canada (as a single) and get the all documentations done and then I will return to my home country and get married then apply for my spouse..But I am afraid because of new sponsorship rules and I am not sure how does it apply in my case. So after getting my COPR as single, I am in great confusion what to do n what not to? As you are a pioneer in this field, can you please show me the right way and give proper guidance.

Hoping to receive your response soon. Thank you.
You can NOT marry before you land without adding your wife. This is very important.

If you marry before you land, your visa issued for single becomes invalid and you should return it to the visa office and ask to add your wife to your application and get PR visas for you both. If you land on this visa without disclosing that you are married, you are committing misrepresentation. When you try to sponsor your wife later, immigration will see that you married before you landed and they will bar you from ever sponsoring your wife and they could even revoke your own PR.

However, you could land and then return home and get married. There are no rules against that. Only the visa office might want to make sure that you did not live with your wife in a common law partnership before getting married because if that was the case, you would have had to add her to your application as well. If you didn't, that's fine.

In order to sponsor your wife, you will have to return to Canada after the wedding because a PR sponsor must reside in Canada. There is no specific income requirement to sponsor a spouse but you might want to have a job before you apply so you can say that at least you have some income. Depending on where your wife is living, the sponsorship can take anywhere from a few months up to a couple of years. You must continue to reside in Canada during this time. You can visit your wife for a short time but if immigration finds that you have moved back to your country, they will cancel your application.