+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
at9459 said:
Hello Qorax
How difficult is it to drive in snow?
I don't have any experience being from Delhi.
I plan to enter in mid/late Dec10 and I plan to rent a car.
In this part of Canada (Toronto / GTA) u'd not be driving on snow... The roads would usually be cleared. Flakes, black ice, flurries - yes, but they'd hardly cause u any trouble.

Qorax

roncruz

Star Member
Apr 23, 2010
UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila Philippines
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11 May 2010
Doc's Request.
Oct 6, 2010, full docs Dec 27,2010
Nomination.....
ECAS- In Process
AOR Received.
1st OCT 6, 2010 2nd AOR Jan 25,2011
IELTS Request
Nov 27,2010 Band 7 overall
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
April 18 2012
Med's Done....
April 30,2012 MEDS RECIEVED JULY 14, 2012 july 18 additional doc requested. July 25 addtl doc sent.
Interview........
waive
Passport Req..
AUG 3, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
sept 20 2012
LANDED..........
Dec 15 2012
qorax pls can i ask question? i have a problem about my proof of funds right now i had only 13,000 cad dollar in cash but my required amount was 26,000 cad dollars for 6 person.and i have properties 2 houses which is amounting 50th cad dollars i know that this is not accepted in a POF but can i ask my brother and sister in canada to prepare affidavit of financial support if in case i cant find work in canada for 6 months which is not really realistic.is this possible that VO in manila accepted this documents? pls help i plan to submit my full docs next month....

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
roncruz said:
qorax pls can i ask question? i have a problem about my proof of funds right now i had only 13,000 cad dollar in cash but my required amount was 26,000 cad dollars for 6 person.and i have properties 2 houses which is amounting 50th cad dollars i know that this is not accepted in a POF but can i ask my brother and sister in canada to prepare affidavit of financial support if in case i cant find work in canada for 6 months which is not really realistic.is this possible that VO in manila accepted this documents? pls help i plan to submit my full docs next month....
Buddy, POF is a must for the PR processing. No, your relatives cannot provide u a surety - which can replace the need for the POF.

Qorax

roncruz

Star Member
Apr 23, 2010
UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila Philippines
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11 May 2010
Doc's Request.
Oct 6, 2010, full docs Dec 27,2010
Nomination.....
ECAS- In Process
AOR Received.
1st OCT 6, 2010 2nd AOR Jan 25,2011
IELTS Request
Nov 27,2010 Band 7 overall
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
April 18 2012
Med's Done....
April 30,2012 MEDS RECIEVED JULY 14, 2012 july 18 additional doc requested. July 25 addtl doc sent.
Interview........
waive
Passport Req..
AUG 3, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
sept 20 2012
LANDED..........
Dec 15 2012
thanks qorax your so helpful god bless you...

ymood

Dec 12, 2009
Help Qorax please.
I landed last July in Toronto and waited for two months to get my PR card but didn't get it
today I recieved a letter from immigration and citizenship canada informing me that the photo I submitted was not up to their specifications and I have to submit a new photo to the immigration office at st. clair toronto within 180 days. Iam now working in UAE and can't leave till July, moreover I would settle in Vancuver not in toronto.
plz I need your advice.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
ymood said:
Help Qorax please.
I landed last July in Toronto and waited for two months to get my PR card but didn't get it
today I recieved a letter from immigration and citizenship canada informing me that the photo I submitted was not up to their specifications and I have to submit a new photo to the immigration office at st. clair toronto within 180 days. Iam now working in UAE and can't leave till July, moreover I would settle in Vancuver not in toronto.
plz I need your advice.
As I understand that photo needs to be submitted personally. Thus, u may have no choice but to visit their office within that 6 months.

Qorax

C

Cam1234

Hi Qorax:

A question please... I understand when you land they will give you a form to fill, so that your PR card can be sent to you, and I understand it could take 6 or more weeks. Obviously an address is needed to mail you the PR card, and there lies my problem.

I figure I would need to get temporary, short term housing, for when we arrive. But my wife and I, having two school going children, would want to find a permanent rental as quickly as we can; so we can enroll our kids in school. Well, the question is, how can we leave our short term housing and move into a rental condo before our PR card gets to us... Do we have to stay in the short term housing until the PR card gets there?

Thank you,
Cam

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Cam,

Before your landing, you can always check rental listings website (such as craiglist and rentbc.com) and arrange long term housing. If you do not know anyone in your landing city, you might have to stay until you get the PR card.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Cam1234 said:
Hi Qorax:

A question please... I understand when you land they will give you a form to fill, so that your PR card can be sent to you, and I understand it could take 6 or more weeks. Obviously an address is needed to mail you the PR card, and there lies my problem.

I figure I would need to get temporary, short term housing, for when we arrive. But my wife and I, having two school going children, would want to find a permanent rental as quickly as we can; so we can enroll our kids in school. Well, the question is, how can we leave our short term housing and move into a rental condo before our PR card gets to us... Do we have to stay in the short term housing until the PR card gets there?

Thank you,
Cam
1. U don't require to fill-up any form upon landing... the BSO would do the needful, u'd only be signing it.

2. Never get into long-term rental before landing... there r many things to consider for your final/fixed abode. Mainly u'd need to assess the various locales before choosing the coveted one. Thus, u must take-up a Short-Term Accommodation prior to landing... preferably a month long - as u'd require that much time to select the Annually Leased one.

3. For the Temp. Accoms - pls visit the "Housing" forum of this website. There r varied choices posted by many wise members. U may safely select any of them.

Qorax

C

Cam1234

qorax said:
1. U don't require to fill-up any form upon landing... the BSO would do the needful, u'd only be signing it.

2. Never get into long-term rental before landing... there r many things to consider for your final/fixed abode. Mainly u'd need to assess the various locales before choosing the coveted one. Thus, u must take-up a Short-Term Accommodation prior to landing... preferably a month long - as u'd require that much time to select the Annually Leased one.

3. For the Temp. Accoms - pls visit the "Housing" forum of this website. There r varied choices posted by many wise members. U may safely select any of them.

Qorax
Thank you Qorax and Steaky for your responses. Advice understood, however Qorax you wrote:

"u must take-up a Short-Term Accommodation prior to landing... preferably a month long - as u'd require that much time to select the Annually Leased one."

A very wise decision, however, since you don't know when the PR card will arrive, how can you commit to one month stay in short term housing and further sign a lease for your permanent residence when you find one? My understanding is, PR can take anywhere from one to two months to arrive.

I will be in Canada before landing, is it possible to get a Post Office Box there and give that address to authorities upon landing? Or P.O. Boxes are not accepted for sending PR cards.

Also, will it be possible for me to open a bank account in Canada when I visit, before my landing, to facilitate financial matters, or I can only open a bank account once I have documentation which states I have landed?

Thank you all for your generosity of sharing your knowledge, it is greatly appreciated.
Cam

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Cam1234 said:
Thank you Qorax and Steaky for your responses. Advice understood, however Qorax you wrote:

"u must take-up a Short-Term Accommodation prior to landing... preferably a month long - as u'd require that much time to select the Annually Leased one."

A very wise decision, however, since you don't know when the PR card will arrive, how can you commit to one month stay in short term housing and further sign a lease for your permanent residence when you find one? My understanding is, PR can take anywhere from one to two months to arrive.

I will be in Canada before landing, is it possible to get a Post Office Box there and give that address to authorities upon landing? Or P.O. Boxes are not accepted for sending PR cards.

Also, will it be possible for me to open a bank account in Canada when I visit, before my landing, to facilitate financial matters, or I can only open a bank account once I have documentation which states I have landed?

Thank you all for your generosity of sharing your knowledge, it is greatly appreciated.
Cam
1. PO Box addresses r not accepted by CIC.

2. There is a system of UPS mail box address though (which isn't a PO Box address), u may check it out when u r here on a visit.

3. Those Short-Stay Accoms will provide u their Street Address - u can use them. They'd also forward your PR cards (when it arrives & u have left them already) to your new Leased Address.

4. For opening a bank a/c u require the SIN - which u wouldn't obtain while on visit.

Qorax

Deeaar

Oct 27, 2010
ABU DHABI , UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
Case Processing Pilot - Ottawa
NOC Code......
(1241-B) Oct 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AUG 2007
Doc's Request.
AUG 2007
AOR Received.
OCT 2007
IELTS Request
FEB 2008 ( Total Band 8 )
File Transfer...
MARCH 2010
Med's Request
15/10/2010
Med's Done....
26/10/10
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
04/03/2011. Sent on 08/03/2011
VISA ISSUED...
30/03/2011
LANDED..........
25 July 2011
Dear Friends,

To all the aspiring members and to all those who have already landed, kindly go through the site below.

I have always followed this site and it is quite informative too, something similar to this one . Also look and interact with a guy called Nabil, he is quite informative and helpful.

http://www.immigrationexpertise.com/2009/06/spring-in-canada-video.html

Best Regards and keep up your motivation.

ymood

Dec 12, 2009
qorax said:
As I understand that photo needs to be submitted personally. Thus, u may have no choice but to visit their office within that 6 months.

Qorax
[/]quote

Dear Qorax,
Now Iam not in Canada, and the letter states that I have to submit my photo to their office at St. Clair in Toronto. I have questions about 3 issues:
1) Can I visit their office to submit the photo in Vancuver instead of toronto ?
2) I need to apply for PRTD in Abu Dhabi to re enter Canada. For how many months is this PRTD valid?
3) I cannot leave UAE before July, so that I need 8 months to finish up all issues here in UAE and then travel permanently to Vancuver where Iam applying now its universities for higher studeis.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
ymood said:
Dear Qorax,
Now Iam not in Canada, and the letter states that I have to submit my photo to their office at St. Clair in Toronto. I have questions about 3 issues:
1) Can I visit their office to submit the photo in Vancuver instead of toronto ?
2) I need to apply for PRTD in Abu Dhabi to re enter Canada. For how many months is this PRTD valid?
3) I cannot leave UAE before July, so that I need 8 months to finish up all issues here in UAE and then travel permanently to Vancuver where Iam applying now its universities for higher studeis.
1. Just my opinion - Yes, u can (with some explanation & application for change of address).
2. PRTD is only for ONE (1) Entry.
3. If u don't do it in their given timeframe u have to apply afresh & there would be a fee (of $50).

Qorax

echezhian

Jan 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo (later moved to Detroit)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2009
AOR Received.
14 May 2009
File Transfer...
23 June 2009
Med's Request
11 May 2010
Med's Done....
17 May 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21-Oct-2010
VISA ISSUED...
29-10-2010
LANDED..........
November 2010
Qorax,

Very useful information. I got my VISA stamped and now I am planning to land this weekend (November 20th). I need a clarification, if I am travelling by my own Car from US and I do not want to import it to canada at this point of time, will the customs officer allow me to do the landing? What is the probability of this happening? To avoid the situation shall I travel by Rental car?

Thanks in advance for your response!!!

Best Regards,
Echezhian