+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

chamybel

Star Member
Nov 2, 2012
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
May 2 2012
AOR Received.
Aug 22 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
Oct 22 2012
Med's Done....
Oct 31 2012
Passport Req..
Dec 11 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 21 2012
LANDED..........
Dec 26 2012
Hi everyone, i am asking this question in behalf of my friends. they applied under FSW stream. they received their PPR on jan 17 and had a flight scheduled on jan 19 to go on a vacation. my mom was coming to canada a week after so they sent me their passports thru my mom and asked me to send it to seattle for them. can anyone please tell me the correct process of doing it? they are scheduled to come back to canada in march. how much is the possibility that seattle will send their passports back before then?

i myself recently became a PR under CEC. im sure there are differences in the process between the two and im not very familiar with FSW. can i send their passports to seattle, should i be using UPS service for the return envelope? thanks a lot guys!

rleuce

Jan 28, 2013
JGJ said:
Good Morning,

Our Passport(Indian) have only Given Name , is it compulsory Surname required ? but me and wife have to names in passport (Given Name Palace )and child have three names , Please clarify ? with out surname , any chance to reject Visa //

Visa Office : London

JGJ
Your visa will not be refused based on this. What will say on your visa (in absentia of a surname) will simply be XXX, this is standard as many people from India only have given names. Don't worry you are not the first and definitely not the last person in this position. Imagine all the visas that are given to generic Indian names such as Singh, even though there must be hundreds of people with the exact Given and Family name.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
sherine1972 said:
Dear qorax,
I would like to ask about the pof at the port of entry at the landing time,
Im planning to take a bank draft what im asking about is that can i take this bank draft in US dollars or it should be canadian dollars
as there is currency exchange problem in my country
Is that possible?
Yes, u can.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
JGJ said:
Good Morning,

Our Passport(Indian) have only Given Name , is it compulsory Surname required ? but me and wife have to names in passport (Given Name Palace )and child have three names , Please clarify ? with out surname , any chance to reject Visa //

Visa Office : London

JGJ
No issues. But split them when the time comes (thru the UIC u'd receive with ur PPR).

zaipak

Dec 20, 2009
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad Pakistan
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2009
Dear Qrax, I got my VISA & COPR and planning to land in Toronto in June. How is the job Market for IT Professionals in networking field and what is the salary range with the experience of 10+ years...what do you suggest to plan before coming there...I will appreciate your kind advise...

galaxyps

Jan 20, 2012
AMRITSAR
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2012
Doc's Request.
PER 02-05-2012
AOR Received.
MI3- 29 may 2012
IELTS Request
YES
File Transfer...
MI 3 - RBVO
Med's Request
ON 26 NOV 2012 BY GRACE OF GOD
Med's Done....
ON 1ST DEC 2012
Interview........
waiver by grace of God
Passport Req..
PP SENT ON 15TH DEC 2012
VISA ISSUED...
BY GRACE OF WAHEGURU on 05-02-2013
LANDED..........
MAY BE IN MAR/APRIL 2013
Respected sir,
pls help me out. can I take canadian coins ( approx 500 coins of 1 & 2 CAD demonation ) as POF while landing as coins are available cheap. Is it objectionable at POE. Some one told me that the officers might be asked you to put these coins in the Red cross box at the airport. Pls clarify.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
galaxyps said:
Respected sir,
pls help me out. can I take canadian coins ( approx 500 coins of 1 & 2 CAD demonation ) as POF while landing as coins are available cheap. Is it objectionable at POE. Some one told me that the officers might be asked you to put these coins in the Red cross box at the airport. Pls clarify.
U'd've no issues bringing them in, if the excess weight do not matter to u.
It's ur money (whatever denomination it is) and no one can forcibly make u donate it.

navi.1985

Star Member
Oct 5, 2012
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2012
Nomination.....
PER on 12-05-2012
AOR Received.
04-06-2012
IELTS Request
SENT WITH APP.
File Transfer...
2nd Line updated on 12-11-12
Med's Request
Medical & Passport Req...29-11-12
Med's Done....
03-12-12...RPRF, PP, Other documents sent to NDVO on 20-12-12
Interview........
Verification Call on 04-02-2013
Passport Req..
RPRF Encashed on 24-12-2012..3rd line updated on 04-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM ON 11-02-2013...Passports received on 22-02-2013
LANDED..........
26-04-2013
qorax said:
It's ur money (whatever denomination it is) and no one can forcibly make u donate it.
Hi galaxyps...
Sent u PM. Plz check ur inbox of forum.

Regards
Navi

lavis456

Oct 14, 2012
Hi,

We are planning to move from houston USA to Calgary canada.
Could any one tell us with which company we should go for moving our furniture.
I was searching online and couldn't decide.
Can any one share there moving experience.

Thanks

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lavis456 said:
Hi,

We are planning to move from houston USA to Calgary canada.
Could any one tell us with which company we should go for moving our furniture.
I was searching online and couldn't decide.
Can any one share there moving experience.

Thanks
Read here:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/moving-companies-from-usa-to-calgary-t132862.0.html;msg2037223#new

atifhassankhan

Star Member
Jan 26, 2010
qorax said:
hi boss quorex

can u please help me out

i will be landing calgary april 17 for 15 days only with my family
and then plan to come finaly in late august after my cotract finishes with my employe r in ksa. can i give address of a frie nd in calgay for pr card and ask him to send me by courier to ksa or pakistan. is there any problem for the person whose address i will give in recieving or sending the pr card to me.
i heard somtimes they ask to appear in person to collect the pr card. if so what options i have ? can I apply for travel docs from Pakistan without even receiving the pr? If so any idea in how much time one gets travel docs in Pakistan?

thanks
dr atif

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
atifhassankhan said:
hi boss quorex

can u please help me out

i will be landing calgary april 17 for 15 days only with my family
and then plan to come finaly in late august after my cotract finishes with my employe r in ksa. 1)can i give address of a frie nd in calgay for pr card and ask him to send me by courier to ksa or pakistan. is there any problem for the person whose address i will give in recieving or sending the pr card to me.
2)i heard somtimes they ask to appear in person to collect the pr card. if so what options i have ? 3)can I apply for travel docs from Pakistan without even receiving the pr? If so any idea in how much time one gets travel docs in Pakistan?

thanks
dr atif
1. It's not an approved/advised method of the CIC, but many yet follow that route successfully. Except for a rare chance that it'd be lost in transit or would be held by customs, many have recd their PR cards abroad (sent by their friends/relatives/arrangers).

2. Not for our 1st PR cards. It'd come by post at the mailbox, 'only'. And if there's a photo issue -- u could mail it to them nowadays.

3. Yes. Usually it takes 7-10 days with most CHCs, but could vary given the functioning of a particular CHC.

Qorax

atifhassankhan

Star Member
Jan 26, 2010
qorax said:
1. It's not an approved/advised method of the CIC, but many yet follow that route successfully. Except for a rare chance that it'd be lost in transit or would be held by customs, many have recd their PR cards abroad (sent by their friends/relatives/arrangers).

2. Not for our 1st PR cards. It'd come by post at the mailbox, 'only'. And if there's a photo issue -- u could mail it to them nowadays.

3. Yes. Usually it takes 7-10 days with most CHCs, but could vary given the functioning of a particular CHC.

Qorax
thanks a lot BIG BOSS for ur kind words.
atif

sherine1972

Star Member
Sep 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4-11-2011
Doc's Request.
With the application
AOR Received.
PER received: 19-01-2012
IELTS Request
With the documents
File Transfer...
Ottawa-pilot
Med's Request
4-5-2012
Med's Done....
19-5-2012
Passport Req..
19-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
15 jan 2013
LANDED..........
Soon inshallah
Hi qorax,

I really appreciate your help and I would like to ask about 2 things,
1. A bank to open my account in calgary
2. A good place to stay in for the 2 weeks I'm planning to spend in calgary knowing that we r a family of 5
And is it possible to apply for my kids schools for the next school year or should I wait until we settle in September?

Thanks a lot

atifhassankhan

Star Member
Jan 26, 2010
qorax said:

3. Yes. Usually it takes -10 days with most CHCs, but could vary given the functioning of a particular CHC.

Qorax
Hi
the other option, as my wife is the principal applicant, if my wife and children stay in canada after first landing and i come back to ksa till my contract finished after 3 months, can she collect my pr card on my behalf and send it to me later.

thanks

atif