+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landing in an Immigration Office

mehmeh

Star Member
Jan 23, 2007
Hi there,

I sponsored my mom and now she finally got her PR visa approved while she is in Canada. So we were told 2 options to do the landing procedures, one is to proceed to a Canadian Port of Entry, another would be to arrange an appointment with the nearest Citizenship and Immigration Office.

I am just wondering has anybody had experience landing in an Immigration Office? Will I be allowed to go in with my mom or she needs to go in by herself?

kind regards,

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

mehmeh said:
Hi there,

I sponsored my mom and now she finally got her PR visa approved while she is in Canada. So we were told 2 options to do the landing procedures, one is to proceed to a Canadian Port of Entry, another would be to arrange an appointment with the nearest Citizenship and Immigration Office.

I am just wondering has anybody had experience landing in an Immigration Office? Will I be allowed to go in with my mom or she needs to go in by herself?

kind regards,
About 6-9 weeks for an appointment (note she has to have valid status in Canada) and yes you can accompany her.

mehmeh

Star Member
Jan 23, 2007
oh wow, we need to wait that long? then I guess it is better to do it at the border since my mom's medical will be expiring next month.

thanks for replying PMM =)