+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landing in Alberta but really confused about PR...

rabzee

Star Member
Oct 21, 2008
Hello all,
I got our passport with visa in Jan 15,2011. We intend to visit there in mid of march. Now we are 3 people husband , wife and 6 month old baby. My question is that if we land there apply for PR and give them an Alberta friends address and comeback to US after this , will it can be a problem that they will not issue our PR as we will leave after 1 week? Do you think that one should stay there for PR and then comeback. We are really nervous because if i stay there than i will be aone with my baby and my husband will comeback to US for job. We will move in the end of this year or start of next year. what would be your advise for us????
Thanks in advance.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can give your friends address and your friends can mail you the PR cards when they arrive in the mail. Many people do that. The only catch is if you say on entry that you will only be staying for a week, they may decide to hold your PR cards until you move permanently. This is not a big problem. If it happens, you may need a travel document from the Canadian embassy to enter Canada again and you can get your PR card later.

wpc71

Dec 17, 2008
Adding to Leon, another thing is that your PR application might get stuck due to your photos being rejected. In That case they might ask you to submit the new photos in person which can be a hassle if you are not in Canada.

rabzee

Star Member
Oct 21, 2008
Thank you Leon and Wpc71 for replying, I am thinking to give them the same photograph that we sent to buffalo with passport. They use only one photograph each on CORP and we have six more. Do you thing its a good idea or bad???
Are their any specifications for PR photos ???

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The photos you sent to Buffalo are normally what they would use for your PR card and normally Buffalo should have told you if they are not ok but sometimes it happens that a PR card is refused because of photos in which case they may ask you to bring new photos to your local CIC office although they may also offer an option to mail them in.

wpc71

Dec 17, 2008
Even if the older photos are not ok, the officer may not simply tell you. My advice is to prepare new photos taking into consideration all specifications and upon landing give them to the officer and ask him/her to use these for PRCs.